Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#19027645 12/19/23
V
victoro Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
V
I thought my hearing aids had finally crapped out after 4 years so I made an appointment with Costco today to get a new pair. Turns out that both ears are are plugged up with ear wax. The technician gave me a referral so I could get an ENT doctor to remove the wax. I haven't been able to find an ENT who will remove the ear wax. All they want to do is surgery. There's all kinds of ear wax removal products for sell but I don't think they will remove this amount of wax. Amazon even has ear wax removal kits with tools and cameras. Does anybody know of a product that will actually dissolve ear wax safely?

What's odd is that when I retired from AT&T in 1991 I went to an ENT to see if I could get some hearing aids. Turns out that I couldn't because they didn't have hearing aids yet that would only amplify only the frequencies you I couldn't hear. I complained about my ears itching all the time and he said it was because my ears weren't producing ear wax anymore. He said it is common as you age (I was only 49). Now at 80 my ears are producing lots of ear wax!

Last edited by victoro; 12/19/23.
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
You and Wabi could start a candle business.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Nasty fugk

I drill mine out with q-tips about once a week.

C
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
C
Local MD can remove wax. Kept hearing my heartbeat in one ear years ago.
DR just gave it a squirt of warm water and flushed it out. About the size of a small pea. Easy and painless.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Clean ears.
Name of the product

Last edited by Swifty52; 12/19/23.

Swifty
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Use an ear wax candle

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Went to a ear doctor 30 years ago and he removed a big glob from my ears. Dr. Told me every Time you shower, run warm water in your ears to keep ‘‘em clean. I forget to do it so on occasion they plug up. Then I use the ear wax softener , then shower, water in ears and it works. Good luck! Alan

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I use a Q-tip in each ear after EVERY shower. It’s never been an issue for me and I’ve been doing it daily or twice daily for 30+ years. My deafness has nothing to do with ear wax and that is of immeasurable comfort…..😂

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
QTip daily.
Personal hygiene, it’s a thing.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
You don't need a kit if you have a turkey baster. Yes, a turkey baster. Putting a little ear wax softener in each ear will speed things up. Fill a bathroom sink with warm water. Fill your baster with the water, tilt one ear towards the sink and blast the warm water into your ear. Emphasis on blast. Repeat several times until your ears are clear.

A doctor will use fancier tools, but the method and results are exactly the same.

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A couples drops of Hydrogen Peroxide will soften and loosen, then rinse in the shower and wipe clean with a q-tip. Do this once a week.

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Use an eye dripper to fill ear with Hydrogen Peroxide...tilt head for ten minutes. Will probably take 3-4 applications. Buy a blue ear rinse bulbs and rinse ear with warm (as warm as you can take) water each time.

U.S. government was established to represent citizens, NOT TO RULE OVER THEM.
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by walt501
You don't need a kit if you have a turkey baster. Yes, a turkey baster. Putting a little ear wax softener in each ear will speed things up. Fill a bathroom sink with warm water. Fill your baster with the water, tilt one ear towards the sink and blast the warm water into your ear. Emphasis on blast. Repeat several times until your ears are clear.

A doctor will use fancier tools, but the method and results are exactly the same.

Remember to clean sink first before squirting nasty sink water into your head.

Last edited by Jahrs; 12/19/23.

“No one in hell can ever say I went to Christ and He rejected me.

C.H. Spurgeon
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Have had issues with ear wax my whole life and my Dr. gave me these suggestions that work for me and I do it at least once a month if not twice a month.
Get a small plastic suction bulb,(aspirator), and fill the sink bowl half way and warm up the bulb with warm water and throw a towel over your shoulder put a cap full of hydrogen peroxide in the cap and a cap full of rubbing alcohol in front of each bottle so you don't mix them up in dizzy confusion. Use the aspirator and suck up the cap full of peroxide and gently squeeze an ear full into the top ear with your head tilted side ways. You'll hear the foaming action and it'll start to loosen some ear wax. stay like this for a minute or two and slowly roll your head to let that ear drain into the sink bowl. Relax for a few minutes as to prevent dizziness. Fill up the peroxide cap again and repeat! Then with the warm temped water in the sink bowl fill the aspirator up with the warm water and with that ear pointing downward squeeze the warm water into the ear allowing it to drain while doing a it'll start to flush wax out and repeat this several times as needed. An extra towel is preferred to help stay dry during this. After done rest in between and the squirt some alcohol into the ear while the ear is pointing upward and let sit for a minute. The alcohol might sting the sensitive ear a little, so go easy and do it just once as this will not only disinfect and help to prevent infection but it also will dry up the water and moisture in the ear the same way dry gas works in your gas tank! Repeat the other ear the same day or next if it's easier on you.
Good Luck,
HS 58

I Learned a long time ago to Separate My Want's from My Needs!

A man's Gotta Do What a Man's Gotta Do!

Know Thy Self!

TRUMP DID WIN!!!
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by hardway

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by slumlord
Originally Posted by hardway

Another Costco perk.

“No one in hell can ever say I went to Christ and He rejected me.

C.H. Spurgeon
E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
WTH bro that’s nasty

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hot water in a water pic get on it and stay on it

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Then 91% rubbing alcohol poured in there lay on your side for 15 minutes dump it out and do the other side and keep up on your maintenance there bud

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Originally Posted by 338rcm
Use an ear wax candle

This! It works well.

If your a leftist, whatever Donald Trump says or does, that pisses you off rest assured, I am a Happy Camper!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

88 members (Akhutr, 35, 33sixSS, 907brass, 300_savage, 7 invisible), 1,445 guests, and 891 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,758
Posts18,476,413
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.