Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Bad math, 3 each quad..LOL

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I had one in September. Cancer was confirmed and my prostate was removed on 10/10. I've fully recovered from the surgery, but still working on getting full bladder control. My cancer was confined to the prostate and a recent PSA test was undetectable which confirmed no more cancer.

They can do it 2 ways. One way you are awake in the docs office and they stick a device up your butt and take 10 samples. I chose to be put to sleep and do it in the hospital. Doc says he can get a more accurate reading that way. Only downside was leaving with a catheter up my dick for 24 hours.

My brother and a buddy had it done in the office. If you request it they will give you a valium before. My brother said it felt like being stung by a hornet in the ass 10 times. The 1st 4-5 were tolerable. The last few hurt like hell.

Most people don't really want the truth.

They just want constant reassurance that what they believe is the truth.
S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Hunting buddy had one.Not fun

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
I’ve had three, all awake in the office, I do not recommend it be done this way. I never knew you could go to the hospital, be put under and have an IV. They all hurt like hell but the second one was the worst, Doc gave me the local and came back in 10 minutes and started, way too soon! I told the nurse about the third time and he came 45 minutes after the local, much better.

The first two biopsies were positive for cancer, third one 0-12, my Gleason score was low so we are monitoring it. It’s 9 years since it was first detected by a routine physical and work! Good luck!

FYI—my PSA is 0.6!

W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
I'm sort of sorry I asked.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I told the wife I would go to the doctor, for the first time in 20 years, if she would take early retirement.

She retired and took me to the doctor.

He stuck his finger up my rear and said, "Some hardening of the prostate, but not as much as I would expect at your age."

I told the wife, "You only get one prostate exam per retirement."

But the blood draws....My wife gets many blood draws per year. She maintains a spreadsheet on our blood draw data and the blood draw data of many of our relatives.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by wabigoon
I'm told I'll be under for it.

I wish I had been under. I had mine in 2016. It was positive. I had radiation from the outside in and the inside out. I have been cancer free since. Knock on wood. I go back once a year now and they check my PSA. I guess I'm good as long as my PSA is super low. I get nervous as a whore in church every year when I go for the test. One thing I will tell you, it's super important to watch your mental health through all of it. I was diagnosed they same day as my wife's boss and I watched him shrivel up and die in two months. Watching him and being diagnosed my self put me into depression. When the doctor told me I had depression, he said not to worry! it's quite common when someone goes through cancer to be diagnosed with depression! I didn't say anything but I was thinking, why the phugg didn't you guys tell me that.

A 380 in my pocket is better than a 45 in my truck!

Violence may not be the best option... but it's still an option.

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet." General James Mad Dog Mattis
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Golly, pleese let us no when to start prayign!! Got some queued up.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by COLORADO_LUCKYDOG

I wish I had been under. I had mine in 2016. It was positive. I had radiation from the outside in and the inside out. I have been cancer free since. Knock on wood. I go back once a year now and they check my PSA. I guess I'm good as long as my PSA is super low. I get nervous as a whore in church every year when I go for the test. One thing I will tell you, it's super important to watch your mental health through all of it. I was diagnosed they same day as my wife's boss and I watched him shrivel up and die in two months. Watching him and being diagnosed my self put me into depression. When the doctor told me I had depression, he said not to worry! it's quite common when someone goes through cancer to be diagnosed with depression! I didn't say anything but I was thinking, why the phugg didn't you guys tell me that.

They shoulda been able to get prostate samples from the top of your head

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
U
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
U
I've had it done twice in the Dr.'s office.
No big deal. I imagine it would hurt if you
wanted it to.

"The more I am around people the better I like my dog." Mark Twain
IC B3

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Any Doc that's doing that many is just making pool payments !!!!

"not too grumpy"
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Yes, 12 samples, awake, I couple feel the last three. Doc said he should have used more numbing agent considering the size of my prostate. Cancer confirmed, had it removed 2 months later. My recovery was faster than average. I was 63 years old. No problem for the past 6 years.

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Yes. Not fun. Sixteen punches. Next time I’ll be sedated.
As he said, “Won’t be the worst thing in your life and you’ll be glad you’re not gay.”

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Read up on the Gleason scale. I got lucky, cancer but low risk for now. Most likely I will die from something else before the prostate gets me first.

D
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
D
I did in 2010. The doc took 10 needle biopsies. One was positive for cancer. Gleason score goes from 2- 10. Mine was 8. Six weeks later I had my prostate removed at Johns Hopkins. The Gleason score was 9 possibly a 10. Got it out just in time.
When they rolled me into the OR a nurse introduced herself. I asked her if she was going to be there for the procedure? She replied yes so, I asked her for a favor. I told her I realize my prostate is now my enemy, but we've had a lot of fun together. I told her I'll be out, and I asked her to say a few nice words over him before they flush him out in the harbor because I'll miss him!

Nobody's right if everybody's wrong.
Getting into reloading to save money is like getting married for free sex.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Anyone had one?

Don't worry about having the biopsy; thing to worry about is when you go back in for the results and the doc says, "Well Mr. Wabi, I certainly hate to tell you this, but ........"

That's deserving of real concern.

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
G
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
G
Had two. One transrectal and one transperineal at Huntsman Cancer Center in Salt Lake. Demand transperineal as is samples the front and back of the prostate. Transrectal only gets the back. No cancer detected. If it’s more than just uncomfortable with a quick sting as the sample is taken your doctor is a hack.

PSA in the 8 range, 200 cc prostate volume. I’ll probably get a simple prostatectomy this year.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Anyone had one?
Yes .... It was for my prostate. It was like one of those dandelion puller thingies you use on your yard that look like a pogo stick, only they stick it in your bum and it cuts off chunks. No fun, and yes I did have cancer. Prostate was removed and A-OK now.

It was only by the grace of God I went down that road to get checked. I wanted to get mortgage insurance through a different carrier so they sent a nurse over for a physical. She drew blood and did a survey. 3 weeks later I got a letter telling me they would not insure me and that I should see a doctor.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Stay awake.

When they knock ya out, they just use a butt out tool.

V
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
V
I sincerely hope this goes well for you. I do not envy your position, no pun intended.

Last edited by Verylargeboots; 12/19/23.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

574 members (1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 10ring1, 160user, 1badf350, 16penny, 65 invisible), 2,179 guests, and 1,236 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,027
Posts18,481,812
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.