Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
I
IZH27 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I
I’ve had several pistols that are along the lines of the JMB 45 grip angle. It seems that a good number of pistols are designed this way. A majority? I don’t know.

I have a CZ 75 compact. I have never had a pistol point and come naturally to the eye like this pistol. I know that this is subjective but this particular design feels as though it was built for me.

I recently purchased a Springfield XDM Elite OSP. It points well but is just a bit less natural than the CZ. With that CZ made a 10 mm on a frame similar in size to a 75.

What’s the pistol that is most natural for you?

GB1

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Frankly, the CZ-75, 1911, and BHP are all in that category for me. I can pick up any of them and they just FIT me right. It could be the 40+ years I've spent with 1911s, but the BHPs and CZ (and Tanfoglio copies) are all just great handling pistols.

The Smith M&P line is pretty good, too, since they mimic the 1911s pretty closely. SA's XDs and derivatives are almost as good.

I cannot abide the Glock's grip angles, period.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
Izh27 if you ever get a chance handle a CZ40B not quite like the 75 family but handles great. The 2075 Rami in 40 sw is a handful but still shoots well..
Mb

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Model 51 Remington points like an extension of my hand.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by IZH27
I have a CZ 75 compact. I have never had a pistol point and come naturally to the eye like this pistol. I know that this is subjective but this particular design feels as though it was built for me.

With that CZ made a 10 mm on a frame similar in size to a 75.

I have a CZ P01 based on the 75 compact and like it alot. The EAA Witness line of pistols are based on the CZ 75. I have a Stock II in 10mm I bought due to the similarity to the CZ 75. I just read that Tanfoglio is no longer importing them, so finding a new one might be a challenge.

IC B2

E
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
E
BHP and oddly enough Beretta models 70 & 71..

Revolvers?
The model 19 S&W and 686 with the Colt Trooper with factory stocks pointing as well. I've heard the SAA is best, but I've never shot one :⁠-⁠(
The Remington 1858's are terrible.

V
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
V
My CZ is the 75D PCR Compact and I love how it fits my hand and points. Glocks just do not fit me.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by JGray

I have a CZ P01 based on the 75 compact and like it alot. The EAA Witness line of pistols are based on the CZ 75. I have a Stock II in 10mm I bought due to the similarity to the CZ 75. I just read that Tanfoglio is no longer importing them, so finding a new one might be a challenge.

EAA is no longer importing the Tanfoglio pistols, but the Italian Firearms Group (or similar name) IS now carrying them. Apparently, EAA and Tanfoglio had a falling-out, probably over EAA being piss-poor at the support level.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Agreed.

Strangely enough, my FN 503 also points very naturally, though a totally different size, shape, and with a pretty high bore axis.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
After a good deal of reading and research, I too ordered a CZ 75 PCR Compact. Cajun GUN Works works on all the CZ handguns and they named the CZ 75 PCR Compact as their favorite carry pistol. Mannlicher has one too and recommended adding the Dawson fiber optic sights and that combination has been excellent.
While only a .380 ACP, my little stainless Colt Government MK IV Series 80 points and shoots well. I have a pretty good size mitt on me, so that longer grip works better than the shorter Mustang or Pony Colts that I've handled. I do prefer the hammer fired semi-autos.

My other auto is a .45

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I am so used to the 1911. It is just right. Berettas are great. I've never handled a Hi-Power, but they look like they'd be awesome.

Schlocks suck. In every way.

Most revolver grips are waaaaay too small. They all seem to have been designed to fit the hand of the average 12 year old girl.... but, most everything seems to still be designed to fit itsy bitsy, teensy weensy, little bitty people. The handles are too small, too short, and the triggerguards are knuckle-knocking sons of bitches. Even with the oversize S&W "target" grips.... Horrible. Horrible. Horrible. Now, with a Hogue Monogrip or Pachmayr Grippers or something else that completely fill the area behind the triggerguard, I'm good to go.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by ratsmacker
Originally Posted by JGray

EAA is no longer importing the Tanfoglio pistols, but the Italian Firearms Group (or similar name) IS now carrying them. Apparently, EAA and Tanfoglio had a falling-out, probably over EAA being piss-poor at the support level.

Thanks for clarifying - I had manufacturer/importer mixed up.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Windfall
After a good deal of reading and research, I too ordered a CZ 75 PCR Compact. Cajun GUN Works works on all the CZ handguns and they named the CZ 75 PCR Compact as their favorite carry pistol. Mannlicher has one too and recommended adding the Dawson fiber optic sights and that combination has been excellent.

I wanted the PCR but couldn't find one, so ended up with a P01. I added a Dawson front and adjustable rear sight.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I never even handled a CZ75 until about a year ago. Wow, they fit me perfectly. I now have a CZ75 full size, a CZ97 and just recently picked up a PCR. Best feeling guns in my hand for sure. A close second is HK P30 and HK45.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I like these two...
[Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]

I
IZH27 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I
It’s sure is an amazing thing. I can practice with an other pistol working through sight picture, sight alignment etc. I can immediately go back to the 75 Compact and without thinking it comes to eye.

Several years ago I put the CAJUN pro package in the compact. I went with the safety version rather than the decocker. It’s like butter on single and double.

I haven’t messed with enough revolvers to have found “the one” that fits just right.

Is the 97 still in production and offered in the US?

I
IZH27 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I
Huntsman

That pistol in the bottom is sweet. Yours?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I don’t believe they’re still making the 97. I still see them for sale occasionally. It’s worth looking for one, it’s a sweet shooter. My young son said “can I shoot that one again, it’s easy to hit things with it”. I have to agree.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The bottom one is the CZ Shadow2 compact, top is a Dan Wesson DWX compact.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Windfall
While only a .380 ACP, my little stainless Colt Government MK IV Series 80 points and shoots well. I have a pretty good size mitt on me, so that longer grip works better than the shorter Mustang or Pony Colts that I've handled. I do prefer the hammer fired semi-autos.
Get a trigger and short re-set job from CGW or CZ Custom and you’ll love this pistol even more.

Last edited by BeanMan; 12/25/23.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

98 members (badwolf, 257 mag, 35, BABore, 10 invisible), 1,432 guests, and 937 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,623
Posts18,474,064
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.