-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 36 of 37 1 2 34 35 36 37
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The gymnastics of trying to reload a single-action revolver in a gunfight with only one working arm/hand would have to resemble a monkey f'ing a football.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by hardway
Originally Posted by SamOlson
I wanna get tall tights and an RMR on a P226.

You're a sexy ba$turd but I don't think you could pull off tights....Jmho.

I think he should post a picture in tights just to be sure, I bet he could pull it off!

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by MOGC
The gymnastics of trying to reload a single-action revolver in a gunfight with only one working arm/hand would have to resemble a monkey f'ing a football.
Phil is an expert on monkey fugking

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 12344mag

I think he should post a picture in tights just to be sure, I bet he could pull it off!
👍👍🏻👍🏼👍🏽👍🏾👍🏿
We agree!

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
B
BMT Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

I bought this:

https://www.sigsauer.com/p226-zev-9mm-slide-assembly-romeo1-pro-black.html

It has proven reliable over three years

Including a 3 day 2,000 round class at ThunderRanch Oregon.

Last edited by BMT; 12/28/23.

"The Church can and should help modern society by tirelessly insisting that the work of women in the home be recognized and respected by all in its irreplaceable value." Apostolic Exhortation On The Family, Pope John Paul II
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
This thread has been highly entertaining with all the spouting off of the "Know Nothings".

I don't know Mackay all that well but with the discussions and correspondence we've had I know that Mackay is a man that knows what he's talking about when it comes to self defense, I also know he's shot more rounds in the last 4 years than 99.9% of the good folks here have shot in there lifetimes including myself and I have shot a lot in my life. I now shoot 2000 to 3000 rounds a year just for practice, I wish I had time for more.

Fact of the matter is Mackay has more experience in most things gun than most here have had licking windows so if Mackay makes a suggestion I strongly suggest to take it to heart and and study it, I know I will and do.

Just my 2 cents, no fuqking refunds either!

Paul

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck

👍👍🏻👍🏼👍🏽👍🏾👍🏿
We agree!

Sam??

Paul

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

M
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
M
This thread has been highly entertaining with all the spouting off of the "Know Nothings".

I don't know Mackay all that well but with the discussions and correspondence we've had I know that Mackay is a man that knows what he's talking about when it comes to self defense, I also know he's shot more rounds in the last 4 years than 99.9% of the good folks here have shot in there lifetimes including myself and I have shot a lot in my life. I now shoot 2000 to 3000 rounds a year just for practice, I wish I had time for more.

Fact of the matter is Mackay has more experience in most things gun than most here have had licking windows so if Mackay makes a suggestion I strongly suggest to take it to heart and and study it, I know I will and do.

Just my 2 cents, no fuqking refunds either!

Thank you for the Kudos my Friend.

Sometimes there are lessons in life that we can learn through the unfortunate experiences of others, including tragedies.

cool

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Back in the 80’s I felt comfortable with a J frame snubby and a 5 shot speed loader for EDC. Once the street urchins started carrying high capacity autos, I changed my tactics. I now carry a minimum 9 shot 9mm auto pistol with at least one spare. I carry a pocket flashlight, and a knife also. Once you get used to carrying these things, you feel naked without them.

Ron

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
Orwell
M
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
M
The example I posted the day before yesterday of the guy who was involved in a shooting on Christmas eve is a solid example of why a J Frame may really not be up to the task these days. He faced several armed robbery suspects, and they tried to kill him anyways even after he complied with their wishes. His combined tactics as well as skill at arms with a G19 is likely what prevented him from being a dead victim.

Today I am carrying my G22 .40 with some hot 170 grain loads, a spare mag, and my 20+ year old Emerson folder.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

IC B3

G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
Just took a cruise in the Glock 22 section on GB, used 22's I might add. Looking like a person could get a decent M22 for a tic over 300 bucks OTD. Just a thought, considering the name of this thread plus the SHTF thread.

Folks may or may not agree on the Short & Weak term, but unaware of any 9 that can match the energy of several good 40 loads. Also remembering what ammo was available during the last shortage. The 40 may not be tre chic anymore, but still a damn good gun for fighting with IMO.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by Mackay_Sagebrush
The example I posted the day before yesterday of the guy who was involved in a shooting on Christmas eve is a solid example of why a J Frame may really not be up to the task these days. He faced several armed robbery suspects, and they tried to kill him anyways even after he complied with their wishes. His combined tactics as well as skill at arms with a G19 is likely what prevented him from being a dead victim.

Today I am carrying my G22 .40 with some hot 170 grain loads, a spare mag, and my 20+ year old Emerson folder.

MS:
Intrigued by the magazine pouches you use. Looks like they would be a perfect low profile pocket-carry way to have your magazine clean and free of pocket lint or other debris.

Have looked for something like them in various mail order places but have seen none.

Are they homemade?

Carry what you’re willing to fight with - Mackay Sagebrush

Cleanliness is right in line with Godliness (referring to your EDC) - Renegade50

Perfect is the enemy of good enough
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
What is neat is now we have a sig XMacro, smaller than a G19, easier for many to shoot better than a G19, and holds 17 rounds.

M
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by gunzo
Just took a cruise in the Glock 22 section on GB, used 22's I might add. Looking like a person could get a decent M22 for a tic over 300 bucks OTD. Just a though, considering the name of this thread plus the SHTF thread.

Folks may or may not agree on the Short & Weak term, but unaware of any 9 that can match the energy of several good 40 loads. Also remembering what ammo was available during the last shortage. The 40 may not be tre chic anymore, but still a damn good gun for fighting with IMO.

No 9mm load out there is going to match a 170 grain at 1200 FPS.

M
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by Blu_Cs

MS:
Intrigued by the magazine pouches you use. Looks like they would be a perfect low profile pocket-carry way to have your magazine clean and free of pocket lint or other debris.

Have looked for something like them in various mail order places but have seen none.

Are they homemade?

Nope,

The are by Blue Force Gear.

10-Speed pouches. I use them on my belt, in my pocket, as well as attached to my HPG Kit bag. They make them for M4 mags as well.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
No 9mm load out there is going to match a 170 grain at 1200 FPS.

I'm sure that's true as far as energy figures are concerned. But will the average dirtbag be able to discern the difference between a .40 caliber hardcast bullet fully penetrating his body and a .356 caliber hardcast bullet doing the same?

M
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
M
Many people want a gun/tool that is up to multiple tasks, not a one trick pony. People want a gun that they can use both for in town, as well as animal/large animal defense, trail defense, etc. My experience has shown that there are quite few people who have tried larger frame 10mm/.45 sized guns and never really got comfortable shooting them, or were nearly as proficient shooting them, as compared to shooting a smaller, standard frame that they could get a better grip on.

When actually tested against a timer, the results showed significant performance degradation with the larger frames for the majority of people who were not very dedicated shooters and shot the larger framed guns frequently.

The goal of the +P 40 project was to develop a highly accurate .40 load that could be handled by the majority of people, even those with small to medium size hands. It took over a year and over 2,000 rounds of various projectiles to determine what was the right projectile to deliver the exceptional accuracy at top speed that would be extremely reliable in your typical modern service auto.

The result ended up being better than expected and outperformed some big name factory 10mm loads when it came to actual chronograph testing. It ended up being a load that I would have zero issue carrying in big bear/predator country. Plus you can actually shoot it rapidly and get good hits.

The accuracy speaks for itself:

I have carried the G22 .40 a lot over the last year, simply for the fact that the gun/ammo combo is so accurate, I feel confident in the ability it gives me make difficult shots.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
McKay what generation of G22 do you have to get to avoid bulged brass like the originals?..mb

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
M
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
M
The gun shown is a Gen 3 with a totally stock barrel and I have zero issues. I DO NOT recommend using a Gen 2.

If I was buying a Glock today, I would go with a Gen 5 and not look back. Every one of the Gen 5 guns I have handled, inspected has been very tight and displayed good to great accuracy.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Please correct me if I'm wrong. But, isn't a G22 about the size of a G17?

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Page 36 of 37 1 2 34 35 36 37

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

615 members (10Glocks, 007FJ, 1eyedmule, 1badf350, 10gaugemag, 1lesfox, 73 invisible), 16,136 guests, and 1,012 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,184
Posts18,543,263
Members74,060
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.