Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
C
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
C
Not sold on the Decra brand per say, but the general idea of interlocking metal roof panel does have some appeal.

https://www.decra.com/metal-shake-roofing

Thanks

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

GB1

C
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
C
Any help?

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Looks like a good idea. We have a rental house, and one year we rented to a couple from Australia. The guy's father came over from Australia for a visit. We had an old roof of asphalt shingles and were going to have it replaced.

Australian guy was amazed. He said "This roof must be replaced every 25 years? I don't get it."

He said that in Australia, all roofs are made of metal and never need replacement.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Wouldn’t it sweat underneath? I always assumed that was the reason traditional metal roofing was placed over lathing material so it could breathe.

C
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
Looks like a good idea. We have a rental house, and one year we rented to a couple from Australia. The guy's father came over from Australia for a visit. We had an old roof of asphalt shingles and were going to have it replaced.

Australian guy was amazed. He said "This roof must be replaced every 25 years? I don't get it."

He said that in Australia, all roofs are made of metal and never need replacement.

I am chasing Decra (and other types) with some GC friends. I will post info later, If I go this route.

By comparison... the Decra type product does appear to be 2x or 3x of traditional AR asphalt regarding cost. But labor seems a touch less maybe.

IC B2

C
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
C

Again... this is early knowledge acquisition stuff... i.e. just think on it...

The nailing on this one seems totally ass-backwards to me.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The company I work for (in snow country) built a sky lodge and restaurant at the top of the mountain at a local resort. This product was specified by the architect and has performed well in a pretty extreme environment with very high winds and 20+ ft of snowfall in good years. I wasn’t involved in that build as it happened before my time with the company, but I understand it installs over sleepers and our local roofing professionals don’t have any reservations using it. Flirted with it on a project but the owner chose to go standing seam instead. Winters up here can be hell on roofs.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

86 members (14idaho, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, Aero, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 15 invisible), 1,353 guests, and 871 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,868
Posts18,478,676
Members73,948
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.