Campfire Outfitter
R
Short is sticking with you for sure.

Dog I rescued in January

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I shoot a coupla 6-284's. Make mine 8" RPM as a minimum and the 105 HPBT Hornie is Skookum for Utility. Hint.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Just sayin'........................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by mathman
6mm Creedmoor, it's that simple.

It is tough to whoop that choice all the way around.

Check out H data, 105's at 3100+ from that case doesn't stink with a few of the newer powders. Easy to shoot, etc etc etc.....

Semper Fi
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A 240 Weatherby is fun too.

1Minute
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
I grew up with the 6mm Rem & loved it for the faster twist handling heavier bullets. Today I favor a faster twist yet more of a powder miser of a cartridge in a CZ527 mini action. 6mm REM is super & it is great to have other options like 6mm Creedmoor & my favorite these days the 6mm ARC.

love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, self-control

& Proverbs 21:19
IC B2

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I killed a boatload of deer with a 6mm over the years. It is a decent cartridge, but fails on over-all-length issues in a short action. If I was picking one now, I would have a Creed, most likely, but I re-barreled the 6mm into a 6.5 Creed and will stick with that.

You did not "seen" anything, you "saw" it.
A "creek" has water in it, a "crick" is what you get in your neck.
Liberals with guns are nothing but hypocrites.
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I've shot truckloads of deer and antelope with a 243, that said I had a hankering for a 6MM. Everyone said componets are hard to find especially brass and dies. Well I bought a Browning B78 with an octagon barrel and love it. I found brass (a lifetime supply), dies and bullets even a couple hundred 105 grainers right here on the classifides. Don't be afraid of the 6MM componets are out there.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
If you think the 243 is tough on barrels…..try the 6mmRem………or 6CM.

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
6mm is better in all ways over a 243 except perhaps finding cases. I’ve owned 6mm’s since late 50’s.
I only have three right now. I’ve always considered the 6mm’s first as varmint cartridges that double as deer/pronghorn cartridges.
I don’t see how the 6mm Creedmoor could be better, but maybe a close second.

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
I used to run with the hare. Now I'm envious of the tortoise and I do my own stunts but rarely intentionally
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The 6mm Rem is a pile of fhuqking schit and a Goat Fhuqk mechanical design. None of which is subjective. Hint.

An OEM Seex Kreed will simply squirt a .620BC at 3000fps,from a 20" spout. Hint.

Pardon facts. Hint.........................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The 6mm has put a ton of meat on the table for me. So has the 243. The 6mm is a challenge to fit in a short action. It needs a true mauser length action or longer to see the benefits of the larger case. It I were you, I'd just make another 243. Brass, ammo are much easier to find. The 6mmRem is virtually impossible to find and the 6mm Creed is getting more difficult as well. Either type can be made though. Not all of us need to shoot high BC bullets and post pictures of their stuff like Ralphie Parker does above. Get what you want even if that is the old 6mmRem.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by Bugger
6mm is better in all ways over a 243 except perhaps finding cases. I’ve owned 6mm’s since late 50’s.
I only have three right now. I’ve always considered the 6mm’s first as varmint cartridges that double as deer/pronghorn cartridges.

Consider the fit in common short action magazines with modern low drag projectiles. Then you'll see how.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by himmelrr
The 6mm has put a ton of meat on the table for me. So has the 243. The 6mm is a challenge to fit in a short action. It needs a true mauser length action or longer to see the benefits of the larger case. It I were you, I'd just make another 243. Brass, ammo are much easier to find. The 6mmRem is virtually impossible to find and the 6mm Creed is getting more difficult as well. Either type can be made though. Not all of us need to shoot high BC bullets and post pictures of their stuff like Ralphie Parker does above. Get what you want even if that is the old 6mmRem.

Physics isn't subjective,though I do enjoy Hurt Feeler Reports,submitted by Professional Victims,who are THE Dumbest Of Fhuqks. Hint.

I simply shoot it all and then some. Hint.

Seekins Havak Gen1 MacaMillion Seex Kreed and 112's. Hint.

Pardon facts. Hint......................

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Consider the fit in common short action magazines with modern low drag projectiles. Then you'll see how.

Well, if you're stuck with a short action.

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
I used to run with the hare. Now I'm envious of the tortoise and I do my own stunts but rarely intentionally
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M

If I'm not "stuck" with a short action and I want a hot 6mm I can go to a 6mm-06. In a Rem 700 long it still has plenty of room for long nosed, low drag projectiles.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Bugger, I've been a 6mm shooter for many years, don't let your love of the 6mm Remington over ride common sense the .243 A.I. will wear the 6mm Rem's out with heavy bullets, the 6mm CM will out do the ,243 A.I. The 6mm Rem. is old news you just don't want to admit it. Rio7

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I shoot several Six-Twat Sixes. Brux and Lilja 8" RPM's here. Hint.

Pardon my simply shooting it all and then some. Hint.................

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

If I'm not "stuck" with a short action and I want a hot 6mm I can go to a 6mm-06. In a Rem 700 long it still has plenty of room for long nosed, low drag projectiles.

a 6mm Rem, in a long action, will run with a 6mm/06 all day long. have one in a Model 700 LA, 1 in 7 twist, 24 inch PacNor barrel. I get more velocity out of it than several friends who shoot the 6mm/06 or the 240 Weatherby. It is my most accurate rifle, I've ever had.

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Not at the same pressure you don't.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
She hasn't shot ANY of it. Hint.................

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

447 members (160user, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 163bc, 37 invisible), 2,130 guests, and 1,160 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,245
Posts18,486,139
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.