Print Thread
Hop To
Page 103 of 254 1 2 101 102 103 104 105 253 254
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Teal
Originally Posted by Al_Nyhus
Originally Posted by bwinters
In 20+ years of being here, this is probably the strangest thread I've ever seen. I thought it might yield some useful information on scopes, tracking, abuse, possibly things to consider. Apparently not. Carry on.

There is good info to be found here. The problem is it's buried under garbage.

Good shootin' smile -Al

I am slightly curious as to why those here with the same scope haven't run the same test to show results different.

It's would be hard to run the same test because sourcing a 3 MOA rifle is not exactly easy, but Congratulations to LiL Fish.

Next thing is that Tall Target Tests are a waste of time and ammo when one has the tooling/fixtures/collimator to static test the tracking and then the range facilities to shoot at long range.

It's obvious to everyone with a brain LiL Fish faked his testing.

I have extensive time using the MK 5 3.6-18X44 and it tracks perfectly in both static and live fire.

I litterally just put it back on the collimator after a few years of field use and it's still spot on. Saw that comin.

Holds zero. Tracks perfectly. FFP is not my favorite thing.

I much prefer the VX-6/5s for my hunting.

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
In 20+ years of being here, this is probably the strangest thread I've ever seen. I thought it might yield some useful information on scopes, tracking, abuse, possibly things to consider. Apparently not. Carry on.

Good shootin' smile -Al

I am slightly curious as to why those here with the same scope haven't run the same test to show results different.

They KNOW better,than to try. Reupold is the wrong tool,for that job. Hint.

To be continued. Hint................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Big Stick
I couldn't begin to guess how many tens of thousands of come-up solutions I've dumped into Leupie erectors...less issue.............

This one is an Instant Classic,for a multitude of reasons,which fly over most heads.

Last edited by JohnBurns; 01/10/24.

John Burns

I have all the sources.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by hicountry
Funny, I have a Leupold LPS, which at one time was one of their better lines, mounted on a very accurate 270wsm.

Needed to tweak the zero on it. 15 phfuucking rounds later, I got it where I wanted.

Got to the point where I adjusted, shot 1, then shot again just to see where it settled.

Never again will I buy anything Leupold.

Phfuuck that.
Good lord amighty, what a gut wrenching ordeal that must have been ! I can't imagine the emotional scars it must have left. Are you sure you're OK ? Maybe some counseling would do you some good.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
A repeat test:

Right before bed, have 8 shots of whiskey. Set your alarm for 10 minutes after sunup. Wake up with a bangin hangover, scribble a target on paper, and try to mount the scope somewhat level, even though there are 3 sets of crosshairs all spinning. Shoot as quick as possible to get done. Throw the rifle on the ground 6 times because you were forced to actually fire a primer (albeit just rimfire). Every shot feels like a boxing glove to the head. Pass out, wake up three hours later, and wonder how Leupold could have sent you a damaged scope. Try to remember which bender caused the third demise of the spotting scope sent back in pieces. Pass out again, and then post the "results" on the forum for the ignorant to drool over.

That is why the test has not been copied.

IC B2

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Originally Posted by JohnBurns

Good shootin' smile -Al

It's would be hard to run the same test because sourcing a 3 MOA rifle is not exactly easy, but Congratulations to LiL Fish.

Next thing is that Tall Target Tests are a waste of time and ammo when one has the tooling/fixtures/collimator to static test the tracking and then the range facilities to shoot at long range.

I have extensive time using the MK 5 3.6-18X44 and it tracks perfectly in both static and live fire.

I litterally just put it back on the collimator after a few years of field use and it's still spot on. Saw that comin.

Burns - I don't know you beyond this site. Why, in your words, would Stick or anyone else spend this kind of time to say a product is a POS? I cannot find reference to him being compensated by a competitor so I don't see a financial gain. Is it simply to troll you and "your team"? I'm curious as to your thoughts.

There is a fair amount of commitment from both of you on this thread. Especially when it comes to the memes. I'm wondering what the upside is in documenting whether a particular scope works, or doesn't, unless someone is compensated for doing so.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

Good shootin' smile -Al

Rick posted his report card. As long as there’s no recoil (up to and including .22lr) they apparently work great.

Q
qwk Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Q
Originally Posted by Paradiddle
Burns - I don't know you beyond this site. Why, in your words, would Stick or anyone else spend this kind of time to say a product is a POS? I cannot find reference to him being compensated by a competitor so I don't see a financial gain. Is it simply to troll you and "your team"? I'm curious as to your thoughts.

There is a fair amount of commitment from both of you on this thread. Especially when it comes to the memes. I'm wondering what the upside is in documenting whether a particular scope works, or doesn't, unless someone is compensated for doing so.
As always, follow the money. At least one of the rump rangers is being compensated by Leupold.....

Q
qwk Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Q
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Good lord amighty, what a gut wrenching ordeal that must have been ! I can't imagine the emotional scars it must have left. Are you sure you're OK ? Maybe some counseling would do you some good.
I don’t know about you, but when I buy something, I expect it to work for it’s intended purpose. A scope that doesn’t adjust properly is garbage.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Paradiddle

Paying internet influencers is a thing.

Love her or hate her LiL Fish has some level of influence. A few here would get in a bidding contest over a zip lock bag filled with LiL Fish shits.

I sell Leupold on my rifles so I have a vested interest in stopping out right lying liars. Lots of good scopes including Leupold.

LiL Fish has been given a chance to have a 3rd party test the Leupold MK 5 that caused her such struggles.

She has zero interest in letting anyone else have a look at that MK 5. Because she faked the entire test.

Athalon has a rep of paying influencers but so to many others. It's a way to advertise products.

LiL Fish got way out over her skies on this one. It's one thing to demo good results and another to lie to do damage to established brands.

This has long legs and the story is far from done.

John Burns

I have all the sources.

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 6mmCreedmoor
[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

LOL.

You folded like all the internet Randos who hide while yappin.

[Linked Image from external-content.duckduckgo.com]

Yo Burnsy and Ricky..... do you spot any gay in these pictures? Have you ever shot here before?

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

Page 103 of 254 1 2 101 102 103 104 105 253 254

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

685 members (160user, 1eyedmule, 10gaugeman, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 163bc, 74 invisible), 2,918 guests, and 1,301 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,735
Posts18,494,907
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.