Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 23 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 22 23
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by Starbuck
I've had a lot of success with both over the years. And while I don't disagree that a SFP that tops out at 10 isn't a deal breaker as far as reticles, I still prefer a well designed FFP if given the choice.

Use what suits your needs and sensibilities.

Originally Posted by Jordan Smith

I'm betting Carlos Hathcock got from Point A to Point B just fine in his 80's technology vehicle, too, but that doesn't make it the best choice in today's world.

I play with a lot of scopes, both shooting and hunting. The end goal of all that play time is placing a bullet where I want it when hunting. I could get by just fine with SFP scopes. I could get by just fine with FFP scopes with a well designed reticle. End result is I've come to prefer a well designed FFP reticle for all around use.

Originally Posted by jackmountain
You’re the consummate gentleman and businessman Doug. Appreciate your presence here.

Doug really is. He spends his time laying out options and allows each of us to make a choice that "suits your needs and sensibilities" as Starbuck stated.

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Big Stick
Originally Posted by gr8fuldoug
As of a little while ago these new Leupold are in our site. Thanks for your patience

No joy. Hint.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Do you have a feel as to when? Hint...........

According to our rep scopes will start shipping in the next couple of weeks. He's supposed to get a better guesstimate of which scopes when either today or Monday. As I get intel I will share

Doug @ Camera Land

[email protected]
http://www.cameralandny.com
516-217-1000

Thanks for the support.

[Linked Image from monstermuleys.com]
D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Originally Posted by las
A good 6X42 fixed would be the ticket.

Is the current Leupold 6X42mm no good?

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by John3chinsBurns
Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy
We'll see if it holds zero......doubt it.
Holding zero isn’t their issue. It’s adjusting the scope for a new POI when it becomes a liability.

The mk5's are notorious for zero shifts and dog schiet tracking.

Only in Paradise AK.

In the real world those scopes win matches and stack game.

Sure hope LiL Fish gets one shipped to him as soon as possible. Doubt it will be before SHOT SHOW but one can hope.

The STRUGGLES will be epic and the source of a few laughs and discussions.

"White knight" and "cover for" all you want for the brand you sell. It's a known issue and we will see if leupold has improved.

Last edited by Jackson_Handy; 01/12/24.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
As of a little while ago these new Leupold are in our site. Thanks for your patience

No joy. Hint.

According to our rep scopes will start shipping in the next couple of weeks. He's supposed to get a better guesstimate of which scopes when either today or Monday. As I get intel I will share

Can you ask him if these will work properly (ie retain zero and track)?

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

No joy. Hint.

Doug,

Those are going to be very popular scopes. I hope Cameraland sells a bunch of them.

Has Larry contacted you about his claimed defective Leupold MK 5?

If one was to order a Leupold MK 4 and found it defective what is the procedure for refund or replacement?

You carry a pretty wide selection of nice scopes. What does your data say about customer satisfaction for Leupold vs other scopes?

Most of us are victims of our experience but you must get a lot of customer feedback and it would be strange for you to carry a product line that, according to a few vocal posters, has a very large number of defective units.

Thanks in advance for providing some unbiased information that customers can use in deciding future purchases.

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Perhaps the Reupold MK5 3.6-18x would benefit via retrofit,of a Reupold Spotting Scope Erector Assembly,because as issued,they are not worth a flying fhuqk. Hint.

Just sayin'.........

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by beretzs
Originally Posted by Jimmypop
Doug,

I am traveling and on my phone,do you have a 183738 in stock?

Thanks…………..

LMFAO. Nothing like a show pony! If your to fùckn stupid to order using your phone, the following review will be better than the last where your fat face keeps you constantly out of plumb.
Jesus, just order one and stop the look at me guys shït. It's sad. Hint!

We do not have these scopes on our site yet as we are waiting for enough detail to build correct pages, so asking through this thread seems to me to be a smart move as at this time it cannot be ordered through our site. Hopefully these scopes as well as other brands new for 2024 products will be on our site in short order.
You’re the consummate gentleman and businessman Doug. Appreciate your presence here.
Trijicon should follow suit and offer similar or offer the 2-10x36 in 42mm with the reticle from the 2.5-15 and a SFP option.

Funnily enough but I dig their 2-10x36 FFP.

It’s great to have options and good gear we have.

I do like the 2.5x15 SFP as well. Trijicon has made some good gear as of late.
Picked up a 2.5-15 for my Rim-X and a 1-8x for an AR.
Almost grabbed a 2-10x36 for a Montana but grabbed a 3-10 SHV MOAR instead mainly because I have them on a couple other rifles and picked it up for $799.

I think the trijicons are flying under the radar and a big bang for the buck.

I’ve been using the 3-18 TenMile for a few years now on the Mashburn. Just snagged up another one the other day for a few bucks over a 1000 which is several 100 under where they usually sell. Favorite scope so far. The 2-10 is very good as well.

I have the 2.5-15 on a few rifles as well that work well. Also their 3-9 Credo on my old 338. Lately they’ve been my pick for serious stuff.

Be great to have Leupold be great cause they have a very good vets program that I’d use the heck out of. Here’s hoping the MK4 is good.

Semper Fi
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Perhaps the Reupold MK5 3.6-18x would benefit via retrofit,of a Reupold Spotting Scope Erector Assembly,because as issued,they are not worth a flying fhuqk. Hint.

Just sayin'.........

Dearest LiL Fish,

Do you feel the MK5 you purchased was defective in design or in manufacture?

Have you contacted Doug for a return?

If I had such EPIC STRUGGLES with any brand of product it would be hard to purchase anymore but you sure seem excited to order another Leupold from Cameraland.

John Burns

I have all the sources.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I've quite a few 'scopes from CL,that exceed their billing. Reupold simply can't begin to hang. Hint.

Likely hardware too. Hint.

A coupla NightFarces lit over night. Hint.

Pardon the reality,of reality. Hint..............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I've quite a few 'scopes from CL,that exceed their billing. Reupold simply can't begin to hang. Hint.

Likely hardware too. Hint.

A coupla NightFarces lit over night. Hint.

Pardon the reality,of reality. Hint..............

Dearest LiL Fish,

That's great but it does make one wonder why you are so anxious to get another Leupold from Cameraland when your last one caused you to STRUGGLE in such an EPIC fashion.

I mean, we all got a laugh out of the thread, and if you goal is entertainment it sure worked.

I will say your attempts at testing Leupolds and then posting pictures of the STRUGGLE almost seems like a job.

What did you here back from Doug about a return on the MK 5? I'd like to keep track of that scope.

John Burns

I have all the sources.

CRS Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
And another optic thread goes into the crapper. crazy

Last edited by CRS; 01/12/24.

Arcus Venator
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JohnBurns

No joy. Hint.

Doug,

Those are going to be very popular scopes. I hope Cameraland sells a bunch of them.

If one was to order a Leupold MK 4 and found it defective what is the procedure for refund or replacement?

You carry a pretty wide selection of nice scopes. What does your data say about customer satisfaction for Leupold vs other scopes?

Most of us are victims of our experience but you must get a lot of customer feedback and it would be strange for you to carry a product line that, according to a few vocal posters, has a very large number of defective units.

Thanks in advance for providing some unbiased information that customers can use in deciding future purchases.

John,
I agree these new Leupold scopes seem like a great addition to their offerings. Of course, time and usage will be the review of them.

He has not reached out to me to intervene on his MK 5 issue. As with any issues with any brand we handle, whether it was originally purchased from us or not, it's our pleasure to assist.

With any newly purchased product, be it this new series of scope or anything else, if it is an initial defective reach out to us. Every brand has varying methods of handling this type of issue. In some cases the brand will e-mail a pick up tag to get the product back, in some cases we will. If it is a refund we will issue the refund. If it is an exchange sometimes the brand will send the replacement and other times we will. Again, it depends of the brands policy. We try to be as efficient as possible and to keep UPS and Fed Ex at a minimum. Obviously, the most efficient way is the brand sends a pick up tag and a replacement product. Much better than ship to us, ship to brand, brand ships to us and we ship to you.

Our experience with Leupold has been positive. By that I mean we sell a fair amount of their scopes and I cannot recall the last one that I got contacted about with an issue.

Overall the brands we carry have solid quality. We do our best to choose and carry quality brands. We do not carry anything and everything to make every sale. We prefer to carry brands that we can offer quality customer service, brands that when we need an answer to a question we can reach a rep and when there's an issue we can efficiently assist and of course brands with quality offerings. Through the years we have carried brands that as you can see we no longer carry. There's reasons of course and these reasons vary. Unfortunately, over the decades, this industry has changed. Companies that once were filled with industry folks who started at the bottom and worked their way up and understood not only the needs of the consumer but the needs of their retail partners have retired and the new regime, in some cases, are bean counters that come from either other industries or ivy league schools and, IMO, haven't a clue about their products or care about their consumers or retail partners. In some cases companies have been bought out by public corporations and the bean counters care more about the stock holders than the consumers that keep them in business. It's an ever changing industry which is why we go to SHOT Show every year. To see the people we work with, to cultivate relationships with the people we buy from, to look for new quality offerings and to listen and learn what's going on industry wide.

I will repeat what I always post......ALWAYS feel free to pick up the phone and call us, 516-217-1000, to discuss what it is you're interested in, to compare different options, if you need assistance with an issue (not an issue with your spouse as we do not have that much free time) or what we can do for you on the product that does interest you.

Doug @ Camera Land

[email protected]
516-217-1000

Thanks for the support.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Riar Rarry destroyed the spotter 3 times to send it back in spite.

All it takes is reading the repair report to see how it "puked".

Destroyed main tube
Destroyed objective assembly
Destroyed eyepiece assembly

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
It is never not funnier than fhuqk,when Drooling Dumbfhuqks become a "we",to extoll their VERY well founded and countless Insecurities. Hint.

Not even I,can gun wares until they exist and I'm rather at ease with using my loot for R&D,to see actually WTF. My MK5 Reupold is a screaming pile of fhuqking schit,none of which is on any Vendor and Doug's involvement is less than zero. Hint.

If/when the 183738 is available,I'll simply shoot it with Live Ammo,to see WTF. After same,I will report said findings,no different than any of the 100's of other scopes in my larder. Hint.

"Here" is a VERY Big Word. Hint.

Pardon the power of my words and a simplistic critique by me,swaying the Market. It could go NO other way. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!............

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

No joy. Hint.

Doug,

John,
I agree these new Leupold scopes seem like a great addition to their offerings. Of course, time and usage will be the review of them.

He has not reached out to me to intervene on his MK 5 issue. As with any issues with any brand we handle, whether it was originally purchased from us or not, it's our pleasure to assist.

With any newly purchased product, be it this new series of scope or anything else, if it is an initial defective reach out to us. Every brand has varying methods of handling this type of issue. In some cases the brand will e-mail a pick up tag to get the product back, in some cases we will. If it is a refund we will issue the refund. If it is an exchange sometimes the brand will send the replacement and other times we will. Again, it depends of the brands policy. We try to be as efficient as possible and to keep UPS and Fed Ex at a minimum. Obviously, the most efficient way is the brand sends a pick up tag and a replacement product. Much better than ship to us, ship to brand, brand ships to us and we ship to you.

Our experience with Leupold has been positive. By that I mean we sell a fair amount of their scopes and I cannot recall the last one that I got contacted about with an issue.

Overall the brands we carry have solid quality. We do our best to choose and carry quality brands. We do not carry anything and everything to make every sale. We prefer to carry brands that we can offer quality customer service, brands that when we need an answer to a question we can reach a rep and when there's an issue we can efficiently assist and of course brands with quality offerings. Through the years we have carried brands that as you can see we no longer carry. There's reasons of course and these reasons vary. Unfortunately, over the decades, this industry has changed. Companies that once were filled with industry folks who started at the bottom and worked their way up and understood not only the needs of the consumer but the needs of their retail partners have retired and the new regime, in some cases, are bean counters that come from either other industries or ivy league schools and, IMO, haven't a clue about their products or care about their consumers or retail partners. In some cases companies have been bought out by public corporations and the bean counters care more about the stock holders than the consumers that keep them in business. It's an ever changing industry which is why we go to SHOT Show every year. To see the people we work with, to cultivate relationships with the people we buy from, to look for new quality offerings and to listen and learn what's going on industry wide.

I will repeat what I always post......ALWAYS feel free to pick up the phone and call us, 516-217-1000, to discuss what it is you're interested in, to compare different options, if you need assistance with an issue (not an issue with your spouse as we do not have that much free time) or what we can do for you on the product that does interest you.

Doug,

Thanks for the response.

It's good to know your experience with Leupold matches mine. I have great luck with Leupold and your customer feed back is another good indicator the MK4 will be a big hit with shooters and hunters.

If Larry reaches out for a refund I would be interested in purchasing that MK 5 that caused him such struggles.

Thanks again.

John Burns

I have all the sources.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Why would anyone reach out to a retailer for a defect? They would contact the manufacturer.

We get it burns. Leupold sales put food in your fat f ucking gullet...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

No joy. Hint.

Doug,

John,

Doug,

Thanks for the response.

It's good to know your experience with Leupold matches mine. I have great luck with Leupold and your customer feed back is another good indicator the MK4 will be a big hit with shooters and hunters.

If Larry reaches out for a refund I would be interested in purchasing that MK 5 that caused him such struggles.

Thanks again.

John,
I strongly suggest you look at the GPO GPOTAC 45 Spotting Scope. It's normally $1,299.99 and we have it on promo for $899.99. It is an excellent optic.

"The GPOTAC 45 15-45X spotting scope is designed for shooters looking for an advantage in shot placement. It has a custom-designed first-focal plane reticle built for the precision long-range shooter and includes bonus features such as Picatinny rails for supplemental sighting and a honeycomb objective filter lens cap that minimizes objective lens reflection. As a bonus feature, its PLR reticle is matched with the first focal plane PLRi reticle in the GPOTAC 4.5-27x50i riflescope. This creates the ultimate scope and spotter combination."

FEATURES:
Mil-based first focal plane (FFP) PLR reticle
Picatinny rail mounting system
Matching FFP reticle to GPOTAC 4.5-27×50 riflescope
Armored for durability
GPObright high-transmission lens coatings
DOUBLE HD objective lens

Doug @ Camera Land

[email protected]
516-217-1000

Thanks for the support.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It is never not funnier than fhuqk,when Drooling Dumbfhuqks become a "we",to extoll their VERY well founded and countless Insecurities. Hint.

Not even I,can gun wares until they exist and I'm rather at ease with using my loot for R&D,to see actually WTF. My MK5 Reupold is a screaming pile of fhuqking schit,none of which is on any Vendor and Doug's involvement is less than zero. Hint.

If/when the 183738 is available,I'll simply shoot it with Live Ammo,to see WTF. After same,I will report said findings,no different than any of the 100's of other scopes in my larder. Hint.

Pardon the power of my words and a simplistic critique by me,swaying the Market. It could go NO other way. Hint.

Dearest LiL Fish,

Would you consider yourself an "influencer" and would that influence to sway "the Market" have any value to a scope company.

I know Athalon has been pretty agressive with their marketing using "influencers". Maybe you could get on the Team and have a little side hustle?

John Burns

I have all the sources.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Dearest LiL Fish,

Would you consider yourself an "influencer" and would that influence to sway "the Market" have any value to a scope company.

I know Athalon has been pretty agressive with their marketing using "influencers". Maybe you could get on the Team and have a little side hustle?

Do you consider yourself an influencer or a salesman?

Page 5 of 23 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 22 23

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

533 members (160user, 10ring1, 222ND, 1Longbow, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 77 invisible), 2,267 guests, and 1,163 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,571
Posts18,531,909
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.