Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Glad to here that things are looking up for you……and the sewer level is going down. There’s no good time for sewer problems……but, winter would be the worst! memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm glad you got it repaired.

Good for you.

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
If women would shave their woha, they wouldn't need so much paper.

M
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
M
that's a bad way to die....

Those who would disrespect our flag have never been handed a folded one.

Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction.

When in the Course of human events......
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Dig down and see if the ground is frozen to the depth of the leach field or inflow pipe....

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
IC B2

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
If you determine that your field has problems, try some of this Leach field conditioner before you spend a wad of money. 6 or 7 years ago, I was seeing a little water on top of our field. I flushed down a quart of this, then repeated it a couple months later. It took care of the problem. I haven't seen any wet dirt on top of the field in years. It's a little different from septic tank cleaner. We were having problems with a wife and MIL flushing a half roll of paper at a time. The seemed to break it down faster.

[Linked Image from m.media-amazon.com]

Should only be clear clean water making it to the leach field. If you're having to use a product like this, then you need to have your tank pumped more frequently.
If a guy doesn't kill the bacteria in the tank with Clorox and other bacteria killers, a tank can go many years without being pumped.

Laws aren't preventative measures. In other words, more laws won't prevent gun crime from happening.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Lagoon.
NO leach field problems!
EVER!
....and, they don't take up any more space than a leach field, maybe less.
Upkeep and maintenance are non-existent.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Flushable wipes aint.
I can't get over the fact that with a septic system anyone flushes anything at all. We never have and never will.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
We have an aerobic septic system and have had zero issues with anything flushed including flushable wipes. The state does require quarterly inspections and maintenance (little need in 15 years). Two sprinklers water an area in front of the house.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Hammerdown
OP, when you say= "walked down the hillside see moisture seeping" Your field should be level, should not have the seeping problem down the hillside.

I used to see this problem a lot when I lived in Montana. People install septic systems running down the hillside.

Again, your field needs to be level. If you have a difference in elevation more than the depth of your line's, you are going to have a seeping issue. The hydrostatic pressure of the moisture and the difference in elevation you will see these types of problems.

Not sure how long you have lived in this residence, or how often you have problems with your system.
I have never seen a field freeze; I don't think it's possible. From the makeup of what goes into the tank from our body.

If you can make it till Springtime comes around, you might have someone look at your system.

Wish you all the best.

Ton of sloping drain fields here without a seeping issue.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Not cold weather related, but I have a wet spot in the yard.

Bought a home last year. Had the septic inspected and pumped. Said it was GTG.

Two months later I’ve got a 8’x8’ wet spot that looks to be at the end of the leach field. Doesn’t stink. Haven’t done anything with it yet. Thinking I may just rent a small machine and dig some relief trenches out from that spot. Line with drain cloth, fill with rock, then top soil back over?
Hoping I don’t need to redo a whole drain field……

🤷‍♂️

Glad you got yours fixed up!

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
X
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
X
Your system is over a football field in size? Must be a commune of fat people living there. My math could be wrong, but explain yourself.

If I talk over you, I apologize. I'm afraid I will lose my train-of-thought.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rost495
Flushable wipes aint.
I can't get over the fact that with a septic system anyone flushes anything at all. We never have and never will.
Worked on lift stations for almost 10 years. It's amazing what people flush. Kids are probably the largest culprit but I have even seen stuff in houses with adults only that make you realize how dumb and lazy people are.

Flushable wipes don't break down and if/when they stack up like lasagna and pull over against an intake they can play hell on pumps.

Anything is flushable as long as it fits through the trap in a toilet but doesn't mean it's a wise idea.

Last edited by 10gaugemag; 01/17/24.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MartinStrummer
Lagoon.
NO leach field problems!
EVER!
....and, they don't take up any more space than a leach field, maybe less.
Upkeep and maintenance are non-existent.
Around here you must maintain, I believe 50' clear all the way around a lagoon, could be 30', cannot recall exactly.

So a 50' wide lagoon must have a clear opening of 150'x150', larger than my leach field by a good bit.

Also want to keep trees from around it and keep critters out. Needs sunlight for it to work properly.

Last edited by 10gaugemag; 01/17/24.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Flushable wipes aint.

Oh, but they are plenty flushable. It’s just that once they’re flushed, they sit there and create Mayham.

Montana MOFO
I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
A story told by one of the guys at work.

His sister and brother in law were having fits with the septic system at their farm house. He borrowed the company's gas powered trash pump and went out to help BIL pump the septic. As the crap flowed out across the pasture, they observed dozens and dozens of condoms in an assortment of colors spreading over the field.

There was a bit of explaining to do, as the BIL had a vasectomy about thirty years previously. He had never used a condom in the house.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Tile fields can freeze. Very cold weather, low wastewater volume/generation, no snow cover, and sandy soil. If tile field dries out then hydraulic connection to deeper and warmer soil is broken and thermal conductivity from below the frost line is lost. Tile line temperature drops below freezing and discharge from the septic tank freezes after it runs into the tiles. Personal experience at UP cabin several winters ago. Toilet flushed and sinks drained for a couple of days. Company arrived and the next morning wastewater was backing up in the shower.

Freezing can occur even with normal wastewater volume. Regardless, I'm told the fix is steam blasting the tank and lines.....or wait til spring thaw.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

583 members (160user, 21, 007FJ, 2500HD, 1234, 1beaver_shooter, 70 invisible), 2,567 guests, and 1,328 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,090
Posts18,482,949
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.