-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Why would you get rid of a perfectly good scope and take a beating on the sale simply because it isn't sold anymore? What are you gaining?
My Nikons all work as well as they always have.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Nikon optics are as good as ever. Their top end scopes & binoculars still compete well with anything.
My Superior SE binoculars are still my reference standard for judging binoculars.

Phil Shoemaker
Alaska Master Guide,
Alaska Hunter Ed Instructor
FAA Master pilot
www.grizzlyskinsofalaska.com

Anyone who claims the 30-06 is not effective has either not used one, or else is unwittingly commenting on their marksmanship.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by NVhntr
Why would you get rid of a perfectly good scope and take a beating on the sale simply because it isn't sold anymore? What are you gaining?

This⬆️

…..unless you have some unreasonable fear of being without a warranty. I have a refurbed crossbow scope. Works fine and is simple and very light and compact. If it craps, I’ll see what they’ll come up with….

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Pappy348
Originally Posted by NVhntr

This⬆️

…..unless you have some unreasonable fear of being without a warranty. I have a refurbed crossbow scope. Works fine and is simple and very light and compact. If it craps, I’ll see what they’ll come up with….

My issue with them is that they are anti-hunting, therefore I am anti-Nikon.

I was a fan back when they were pro hunting. I have owned some very nice LX binos and Monarch scopes with the Nikon name on them but they made the change about 7-8 years ago and so did I. All I have left is a 4x32 Prostaff, may even sell that soon. Too bad, they were very nice optics for the price points they were hitting.

Last edited by centershot; 01/17/24.

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Very happy with mine. See no reason to get rid of scopes or binoculars that work just perfectly fine. Especially like the Monarchs.

SCI Life Member
DAV Life Member
NRA Life Member
North American Hunt Club Life Member

Your true character shows in your conduct

You cannot solve a problem at the same level of awareness that created it - Einstein
IC B2

X
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
X
Cut off your nose to spite your face? Meh. If you research the Nikon decision and consider the public stance on guns and gun ownership in Japan today, I totally get that it was a market driven and political decision for them as a company. They aren't anti-hunting, they have just become neutral and aren't marketing to hunting anymore.
Bottom line: They were pressed into either giving up a very small share of the rifle scope market, or begin to lose their extremely large market share of cameras and lenses. (Plus, the scope market is a tough gig today with all the Chinacom crap in the low to middle price bracket.)

The fact that Nikon are still willing to offer vouchers as warranty for scopes keeps me in their camp.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I never had a Nikon Rifle scope fail . I did have a Nikon rangefinder go kaput.

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Have 3 or 4 Nikon scopes. Don't plan to replace them.

I have an FE film and a D750 I use a lot and a very old F2 Hi-viewfinder that was in a tour in Vietnam. All my Nikon lenses from the 80's work on the D750.

other film camera Canon AE-1, Pentax K2-DMD.

I've shot a roll out of each film camera a few month ago but don't plan to use them.

Last edited by richj; 01/17/24.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
On second thought I think you’re on to something.
Post it up in the classifieds for half what you paid for it.
You don’t want that tainted Nikon anti hunter scope to have your buddies laughing at you on your next hunt.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
I still have 4 Nikons. 3 Monarchs & a P3 crossbow scope. Sold every Leupold that I owned. Don't plan on selling any of the Nikons.

IC B3

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Mine won't be going anywhere. I've been very happy with them.

B
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
I just bought a 4 x16 Nikon Black from our local gun store off a gun for $300 it is a great scope

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I have and use a pre-Monarch fixed 4x (40mm obj). Great scope. High resolution, and it has been flawless. I had a pre-Monarch 3-9x that was similarly outstanding. I gave it, and the rifle it was mounted (Howa 1500 308 Win) to my niece and her husband years ago. Still working great.

Too bad Nikon got out of the scope business. I am a big fan of that pre-Monarch 4x. Not selling it.

I like my fixed B&L 4x 40mm a great deal too.

"Behavior accepted is behavior repeated."

"Strive to be underestimated."
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I'm still a big fan of the older Japanese Monarch UCC scopes, and the Monarch African 1-4x w/ #4 reticle is one of my favorite scopes.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I have a Monarch African 1-4x scope and it works fine. I also have 2 Monarch 7 binoculars. They're good binoculars and we still use them.

J
Jerny Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
J
I started this just to see what peoples opinions are. I have several Nikons and love them. I pulled out a rifle I haven't had the time to shoot in a bit as I moved across country and was in a 5th wheel for a bit before that. About to close on some property, so was looking at the scopes and rifles that I have and what scopes I have not mounted from wheeling and dealing and upgrading. I still have no problem keeping them or running them as they are great optics in my opinion, I just like hearing other peoples opinions. I understand people selling things off as wants and needs change though.

X
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
X
Originally Posted by Jerny
I started this just to see what peoples opinions are. I have several Nikons and love them. I pulled out a rifle I haven't had the time to shoot in a bit as I moved across country and was in a 5th wheel for a bit before that. About to close on some property, so was looking at the scopes and rifles that I have and what scopes I have not mounted from wheeling and dealing and upgrading. I still have no problem keeping them or running them as they are great optics in my opinion, I just like hearing other peoples opinions. I understand people selling things off as wants and needs change though.

I'd guess in another 10 o 15 years they'll become like Bausch and Lomb's...too outdated to be considered cool. But for now they still rival most anything on the market in a mid-tier scope. I suppose a few B&L guys will put me in my place now...lol

Campfire Tracker
Online Shocked
Campfire Tracker
Just picked up a Nikon Monarch 1-4 today. African #4 reticle. Going on some close range / woods gun. Just not sure which one

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

415 members (12344mag, 10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 160user, 163bc, 1lesfox, 38 invisible), 2,056 guests, and 1,144 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,245
Posts18,486,121
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.