Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Best - a well-stocked tool chest filled with older but quality tools sitting under an overpass.
A duffle bag full of camping gear. I was reluctant to open it fearing a severed head or something.

Worst- I accidentally left a brand new bottle jack on the shoulder of Interstate 5 after fixing a blown trailer tire. Didn't realize it until I had another blowout a few hours later.

Last edited by Morewood; 01/19/24.
GB1

C
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
C
I read that as a “brand new bottle of jack” and was thinking that must have been one stubborn tire if you had to break out the whisky!

She never made it past the bedroom door, what was she aiming for...?
She's gone shootin..
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I locked myself out of the car when I was looking at a car dealer lot. It was a 6 inch snow storm and I did not have a coat on because It was an hour trip back into the finish of second shift. No cell phones then, so I was going to walk until I found a phone booth. I went 10 yards and kicked up a coat hanger. So that was over quick.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Certifiable
I read that as a “brand new bottle of jack” and was thinking that must have been one stubborn tire if you had to break out the whisky!

Lol….isn’t every blown tire a decent excuse to break out a bottle of whiskey, after first calling AAA of course. 😂

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Found a new Yeti 65 cooler upside down in the middle of the highway driving home a few years ago.

Opened it up and it was full of iced down beer.. smile

The fall out of the vehicle put a few scratches on the corner of the lid, but not real noticeable. Still have that chest.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
IC B2

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
I got a real nice logging chain 30 plus years ago off highway 28 in Mississippi on my way hunting. Me and another guy going opposite directions turned around at the same time. My Toyota was faster. Still have it and frequently use it.

At one with the gun.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
I saw a sleeping bag, looked high quality, alongside a narrow steep road. Investigated it, dang it, there was a dead female in it. Further investigation revealed her dead male companion down in the creek. Months later cops determined the couple accepted 50Gs to set up a meth factory...but they blew the money partying. East Bay Dragons exacted vengeance. Stealing from MC gangs is hazardous...who knew?

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
when we was 12's, me and 2 buds picked up $300+ in cash blowing across the fox river bridge in SE Wi... sadly, most of the booty blew under the railing and floated away in the icy water... we practiced SSS... left my favorite pair of Gargoyle "Intimidator" sunglasses on the roof of my car when leaving early AM for a car show... why i hate getting up early...

Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Used to work with an older gentleman that upon retirement he and his wife were snowbirds. Rogue River in the summer, Phoenix in the winter. He was old school truck driver and hauled his fifth wheel everywhere. One dark night driving I-5 he pulled over to check something and unbeknownst to him she got out in her nightgown and missed connection and Gene drove off stranding her at night in her nightgown.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Was needing a step latter and driving down 40 to the beach, there it was.....a 6 ft. aluminum in perfect shape that had probably fallen off a truck. Another time, found a 2 ton jack someone had left after changing a flat......Son found a 25 foot heavy log chain off side of interstate. Got to keep your eyes open and quick on the breaks.

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Winnie70
Was needing a step latter and driving down 40 to the beach, there it was.....a 6 ft. aluminum in perfect shape that had probably fallen off a truck. Another time, found a 2 ton jack someone had left after changing a flat......Son found a 25 foot heavy log chain off side of interstate. Got to keep your eyes open and quick on the breaks.
that's great way to get run over these days... just sayin'...

Campfire Outfitter
Online Confused
Campfire Outfitter
Not on the road, but near a road. Found two $20 bills while walking the dog.

Spent some time looking for more. None found.

GOA
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Only thing that comes to mind of significant value is a Peter Carey custom knife. Somebody was bummed about that I bet.

My Dad picked up a perfectly good 1" drive Ingersoll Rand air impact gun laying along a road.

One is alone in a land so vast, there is only the mountains, the wind, and the eyes of God.
R
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
R
Lost a J. Nielson custom knife. Must have fell out of the sheath at some point.
Lost a box of hand tied flies. Turned around around and a car was driving away. Already gone.
Lost a dirt bike stand, fell out of the back of the truck going up a hill. Realized it at the gas station a mile away. Fueled up, went back. Already gone.

Found a $100 bill on two different occasions though

Life is but the memories we've created.....Sully Erna
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Found a new Yeti 65 cooler upside down in the middle of the highway driving home a few years ago.

Opened it up and it was full of iced down beer.. smile

The fall out of the vehicle put a few scratches on the corner of the lid, but not real noticeable. Still have that chest.

You at least sought out the rightful owner of the beer, right?

grin

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
B and W trailer hitch 2' and 2 5/16 on the side of I-40. Looks good on the back of my F-350.

Brand new 8 lug wheel, tire, and hub assembly off somebody's trailer. It was up in the edge of the woods on I-40. I was in my car, so I left it. Drove my truck the next day and it was still there. My neighbor was very appreciative of it. I had no use for it.

Also a Yeti hopper.

A Penn 4500 spinning reel with nice rod.

Last edited by Featherweight6555; 01/19/24.

"Aim right, squeeze light"
" Might as well hit what you're aiming at, it kicks the same whether you miss or not"
NRA Life, GOA
W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
I've lost more than found.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Our area growing up must have had the Johny appleseed of corn. Seems like every month there was the previous months issue of penthouse and swank tossed on the side of the road

You've got to hand it to a blind prostitute
W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
The kids were not going to take them home.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
On the way home from deer camp my FIL and buddy both lost their Stihl weedeaters and a chainsaw because they put them on the trailer and forgot to tie them down. Drove all the way back and they were gone

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

596 members (10gaugeman, 1234, 160user, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 007FJ, 62 invisible), 2,353 guests, and 1,272 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,517
Posts18,472,450
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.