Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Reloder28
You are NOT REQUIRED to declare the content of your package.
This.

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
GB1

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D

None for their business what you are shipping.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
[Linked Image]

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

3-7-77
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Timbermaster
[Linked Image]
Thanks for posting this. I have been looking for it.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
G
gzig5 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
G
No argument from me.

I used the clik n ship app to make the label and dropped the package at the counter. No questions. Because the gun is broken down, the box doesn't look like a typical long gun box. Biggest downside is the cost is significantly higher than UPS would have been. $51 to ship eleven pounds about 500 miles.

IC B2

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Originally Posted by Feral_American
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag
My only fear would be is if they ask and you said no what would happen if an insurance claim had to be made?

Otherwise if they don't ask, don't offer up any information.

Is your "no" answer recorded on any of the documents involved?

"Is it a firearm" has never been one of the questions I've been asked about anything I've ever shipped.

That said, good luck with ANY insurance claim with the USPS.......

That

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
You’re in a communist schidt hole if you get haggled at the post office trying to ship something legally. They don’t ask me anything except the flammable etc question no matter what I’m shipping. And that’s how it should be.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by gzig5
It's been quite a while since shipping a long gun so I need a refresher. It's my understanding that I need to tell the PO that the package contains a long gun, but I don't think there is a paperwork requirement, correct? No markings on the packaging. Can I use the USPS app to print the label and drop it off at the counter?

USPS almost never asks what's in the box when I ship long guns Priority Mail.

On the rare few occasions when it has happened my response has always been "Machined Parts".

Never an issue.

“Factio democratica delenda est"
D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Why do some people make simple things so hard, even go out of their way to make it hard.
Put it in the box, pay the postage, go home.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
3 gun stores told me I would go to prison, if I mailed a shotgun to my son..
I then went to the local post office. I was told no problemo. Gave me a couple easy to follow instructions... I was well within my rights to mail this shotgun, with insurance, and tracking...

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Originally Posted by centershot
Local PO will only accept guns (long or short) from a FFL holder. Luckily we have a local guy that will do it for $10. It will still run you about $60 to ship a rifle. Shipping fees have really taken the fun out of trading guns.
I have only seen that locally once, a bunch of years ago... one phone call with the employee's name corrected the situation.

I’ve never had that issue, but if I did, it would be my number 1 mission in life to make that government worker (who works for us) to eat crow.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Cheesy
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Originally Posted by centershot
Local PO will only accept guns (long or short) from a FFL holder. Luckily we have a local guy that will do it for $10. It will still run you about $60 to ship a rifle. Shipping fees have really taken the fun out of trading guns.
I have only seen that locally once, a bunch of years ago... one phone call with the employee's name corrected the situation.

I’ve never had that issue, but if I did, it would be my number 1 mission in life to make that government worker (who works for us) to eat crow.

I've done that a time or two.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Geez Looeez……read the regs. Then pack your stuff in a box that does not look like it holds a gun, get on your personal USPS account, pay shipping & print your label, tape it to the box and put it in the pile of pre labeled packages at your post office. Don’t talk to anyone. If you have read the regs you know more than anyone at your local does. To ask their opinion is to invite confusion and possible catastrophe.

Or ignore this post and do it the hard way. Most of all read the regs and educate yourself.

Where’s bricktop when needed the most?

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Whatever you do pack the he'll out of it. They will try to destroy it. Ask me how I know.

Gun Owners of America
Escapee's RV Club
Elks
Moose
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B

Good question

The one question I have been trying to figure out if I do postage or UPS through ship station or Pirate ship
Is the insurance through a third party that would pretty much automatically decline an insurance claim when it comes out it was a firearm shipped?
I like the discount but think it maybe wise to but postage direct from the carrier

Any thoughts?

Hank

And Yes who ever said it previously the cost is taking the fun out of trading guns

Thank You Lord for another day,Help my Brother along the way

When you mature,you realize hospitals and schools are businesses,and the Beatles were geniuses

Live Like A Champion Today

NRA EndowmentLife Member,My Daughter is also a Life Member
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 257_X_50
How about a 1879 Parker shotgun shipping OUT of California in a piece of pvc?

Maybe go ups instead of usps?

Asking for a friend

UPS will NOT transport firearms, period.

They will transport "sporting goods" ( or so I've been told)

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C

Old Corps

Semper Fi

FJB
M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
Originally Posted by boatboy

Good question

The one question I have been trying to figure out if I do postage or UPS through ship station or Pirate ship
Is the insurance through a third party that would pretty much automatically decline an insurance claim when it comes out it was a firearm shipped?
I like the discount but think it maybe wise to but postage direct from the carrier

Any thoughts?

Hank

And Yes who ever said it previously the cost is taking the fun out of trading guns

Pirateship doesn't allow mailing guns, even if the USPS does. My wife and I both use Pirateship for mailing hundreds of packages a year, mostly (but not entirely) books from our publishing company. But when mailing a firearm I take the addressed package to the local PO and have them weigh/measure and ship. Don't want to get crosswise with Pirateship if something goes wrong, because they're such a good deal otherwise.

Might also mention that USPS is very good at delivering our books, even when most are shipped media-mail.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Originally Posted by gzig5
It's been quite a while since shipping a long gun so I need a refresher. It's my understanding that I need to tell the PO that the package contains a long gun, but I don't think there is a paperwork requirement, correct? No markings on the packaging. Can I use the USPS app to print the label and drop it off at the counter?

It's legal, just tell the truth and be prepared for about 10 min extra wait. It's no problem IME.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by hatari
Originally Posted by 257_X_50
How about a 1879 Parker shotgun shipping OUT of California in a piece of pvc?

Maybe go ups instead of usps?

Asking for a friend

UPS will NOT transport firearms, period.

They will transport "sporting goods" ( or so I've been told)

Thank you very much.

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

72 members (10gaugemag, 257robertsimp, 7mm_Loco, 14idaho, 13 invisible), 1,225 guests, and 745 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,868
Posts18,478,684
Members73,948
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.