Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by earlybrd
I’m gonna be honest I’m drinking reading this

As is your right. Cheers.

For even when we were with you, we gave you this rule: "If a man will not work, he shall not eat."

2 Thessalonians 3:10
GB1

R
Campfire Tracker
Online Happy
Campfire Tracker
R
I'm not a big fan of pissing my money away, and that's what drinking is. It's your money and your life do what ever you wish with it, but don't give me Schitt because I don't drink. Rio7

2ndwind Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I was kind of a beer snob. I like good beer but that is expensive. I don't recall how many years ago the small batch micro brewery beers stouts and ales came about (20 something years?) but I was tempted to try some.... Then just decided no just not worth it.

Maybe 10 something years ago my wife and I started buying red wine for venison recipes. The alcohol is long gone before the dish is finished. That was worth it.

Please don't feed the trolls!
2ndwind Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Unfortunately, not kidding, it seems as though Ive recently become allergic to some beers.
Covid or ? caused it.
Know wheat beers I can't do, been like that for decades.
But now other stuff too.

Last edited by hookeye; 01/27/24.
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I can count on one hand the number of drinks I've had since November 2010.

I don't tell people I don't like to drink, I tell them I don't drink anymore because I used to REALLY LIKE to drink.

Someday I hope to be the person my dogs think I am . . .
The only true cost of having a dog is its death.
Someone once said "a nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves."
Shiloh Sharps . . . there is no substitute.
NRA Endowment Member
Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Originally Posted by 16penny
I don’t drink anymore but I don’t drink any less either

That, have three Jack and cokes when we go to the dancehall by 10:00 Pm, don’t drink anymore or less. Rarely during the week

Last edited by hanco; 01/28/24.
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Drink more than Deflave. Drinking Henny right now.
I’m doing a lot of drugs, a lot!

I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
I never tell people I don't like to drink. I never tell them what to drink. I just order a diet coke.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My Grandfather was an alcoholic. He quit drinking when I was 5 and went to AA for 26 years. Because of that my Dad was very careful around alcohol. Because of my Dad's example I never really got started drinking. As they say alcohol is an acquired taste and I never acquired it. That being said I can be with someone drinking a soda while that person is doing alcohol. One year my boss invited me to her place on her birthday. I knew she like Bailey something to put in her coffee. I got it for a present. She thought that because I didn't drink, I was against alcohol.

IC B3

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Well, I don't mind taking a drink now and then. Last time I went out was with my son in law and his two sons to a titty bar. There was a group partying there like the end of the world was imminent. They bought round after round for the house, bought lap dances for strangers, craziest thing I ever saw. I only had one drink that night as most of the time I was doing the club soda thing. When my SIL and sons hit town I usually had to be the designated driver more by choice than anything else. he's downright crazy behind the wheel when drinking.

Anyway, the one drink I had paid for by the party goers BTW, was when one very pretty lap dancer came up and said the "patron" insists you have one drink with him. She said it would be a very bad idea to refuse. When I asked why she said he's high ranking cartel and he and his wife are celebrating their, I forget the number anniversary. Discretion took the better part of valor. I took the drink raised it in his honor and took a sip. I don't think he would have recognized designated driver and a good enough excuse to refuse. I was kind of glad when the SIL decided it was time to hit the road on home.
PJ

Our forefathers did not politely protest the British.They did not vote them out of office, nor did they impeach the king,march on the capitol or ask permission for their rights. ----------------They just shot them.
MOLON LABE
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
The wife and I will share a mango or strawberry margarita when we go out sometimes. I have fun laughing at and with someone who's drinking and having a good time. But when someone starts getting obnoxious I leave or they leave.

Life is good live it while you can.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The world is a better place when I don't drink.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
The world is a better place when I don't drink.

Why?

2ndwind Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Self awareness is a very good thing.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Dang, people who don't drink sure like to talk about not drinking.

"The Ballpark burgers were free, why not eat them?"
- Wabi-
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Some of the best times of my life were while I was drunk! But, the older I get, the more it hurts the next day.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
I very rarely drink because my wife doesn’t drink. But when I do it’s pretty dang fun.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I saw as a freshman in college, I could NOT Drink when I wanted too. I watched too many buddies turn into alcoholics in my freshman year in college...I had a much higher tolerance than most of them. So I cut my consumption down dramatically.

Didn't drink while in the service, and finally in 1980, I just gave it up... might have a drink once every 2 to 3 years..
If I ever drink a beer I mix it half and half with lemonade, and only drink the one beer and an equal sized lemonade.
Doesn't even give me a buzz...

Seen booze wreck too many people's lives... and don't see a positive reason for it..

So its easier to just drop it... so that is what I did in 1980. Only at a Campfire or two gathering have I really taken any hard stuff.

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by RUM7
Dang, people who don't drink sure like to talk about not drinking.

No kidding lol

Look at me look at me

MAGA
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

216 members (10gaugemag, 2500HD, 7887mm08, 160user, 69sportfury, 01Foreman400, 13 invisible), 1,782 guests, and 968 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,625
Posts18,474,108
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.