Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 10 of 13 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 13
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Orion2000
I smell more gas lighting by the Swamp / NWO... Within two days, I see three separate articles on electric school busses, MT, AK, and KY....
1) It is ALWAYS about the money.
2) Per George Carlin "It's a big club. And we ain't in it..."

I agree. Spent fair amount of time searching this morning, flood of articles, videos, all came out the same time. Seems to be an orchestrated effort. Who is behind this?

But, what I was looking for is who manufacturers these buses? Not a single article, not a single news video discloses who builds the buses. Seems odd, don't you think?

One article said the E-buses cost $400,000, twice what a diesel costs. 100 miles per battery charge. And seems nobody knows how long the battery will last.

Seems nobody in the industry knows, or will admit to, how long EV batteries will last. (radar on full blast here folks......)

Montana it showing "Great Success" in the role out of the mystery EV Buses Folks.....
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Last edited by SupFoo; 01/28/24.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Muh taxes!

Like the billions and billions given to the auto makers or the trillions and trillions spent on blowing up brown people for oil...and now Ukrainians?

Muh taxes my ass!

Haha!

I am MAGA.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
I don't want my kids riding on no electrical bus when the feds are paying to send muh kids to Federal indoctrination Camp every day for school!

No sir!

I am MAGA.
JeffA Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I smell more gas lighting by the Swamp / NWO... Within two days, I see three separate articles on electric school busses, MT, AK, and KY. The KY article (Wolfe County) indicated 150 mile range in warm weather. 100 mile in cold weather. At 30 cents per mile savings fuel savings, it would take +800,000 miles to break even on the $250K upcharge for an electric bus versus a diesel($400K vs $150K). And as far as "no tax dollars used..." BULL CHIT! If the government has the money, regardless of source, it is OUR MONEY ! The "extra" money being spent on electric busses, could be applied to other ongoing expenses... Or, gasp... to reduce tax burden on the average tax payer. Follow the money. Someone in the Swamp is invested in, or has a stake in, the electric bus companies. As always:

The government never had the Volkswagen money used by these schools to buy their awesome new buses.

The money went direct from Volkswagen to trust funds in each state and could only be withdrawn by citizens of the state that qualified for the purchase of zero emissions vehicles.

Don't wanna see anyone walking away from this thread that's still ignorant of the facts evolved.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by JeffA
I smell more gas lighting by the Swamp / NWO... Within two days, I see three separate articles on electric school busses, MT, AK, and KY. The KY article (Wolfe County) indicated 150 mile range in warm weather. 100 mile in cold weather. At 30 cents per mile savings fuel savings, it would take +800,000 miles to break even on the $250K upcharge for an electric bus versus a diesel($400K vs $150K). And as far as "no tax dollars used..." BULL CHIT! If the government has the money, regardless of source, it is OUR MONEY ! The "extra" money being spent on electric busses, could be applied to other ongoing expenses... Or, gasp... to reduce tax burden on the average tax payer. Follow the money. Someone in the Swamp is invested in, or has a stake in, the electric bus companies. As always:

The government never had the Volkswagen money used by these schools to buy their awesome new buses.

The money went direct from Volkswagen to trust funds in each state and could only be withdrawn by citizens of the state that qualified for the purchase of zero emissions vehicles.

Don't wanna see anyone walking away from this thread that's still ignorant of the facts evolved.

JeffA...as I said on your bear thread ,... tongue in cheek....you have nerves of steel.....I have got $5 that says you cant get it done....
are you on?....bob

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Just so we are not ignorant; Who qualifies(d)? And who makes that determination? And how much money is left? How was it spent? Is Havre considered a "ciitizen"?

Last edited by SupFoo; 01/28/24.
I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
EV's must sound like the movie from Jaws to you guys.

There coming!

Hahaha!
Jim, Do you use an EV to plow your fields, or to haul your stock to market?
Why not?

Do you think you will be doing either within ten years?

I have no problem with those who want to drive an EV. I just do not want the money coming from my pocket to subsidize their choice.

And yes, any dollar collected by the Fed Gov, becomes property of the Fed, thusly property of you and me, despite that the Fed would have us all believe otherwise.

Don't be silly.

Someone holds up a battery and you fall over and die because muh gasoline!

Why not go back to carburetors?

No ....forget I asked.

So that is a no to my questions????

As I said earlier, I have no problem with anyone who wants to pay out of their own pocket to purchase an EV. I just do not like to subsidize their choice.

For my use? A few years ago I had to replace a transfer case on a Chevy Blazer because mud and sand had collected on the skid plate from my driveway. As the drive train moved under acceleration, the accumulated sand wore a hole completely through the bottom of the transfer case.

What would be the life expectancy of an EV under such conditions?

Sure I could use an EV to replace my Honda Accord, which gets taken out on clear, bright summer days. But I already have the accord. And I would have to pay for a charging station.

Go back to carbs. How obtuse! Our 3/4 ton and 1 ton farm pickups used to get 6 to 9 mpg at 150 hp with their carbs.

Now with direct injection and variable valve timing they get 20 mpg+, with 400 hp+, not even considering diesel performance. Technology is a wonderful thing. So long as I am not paying for someone else to buy it.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by horse1
While there’s certainly room to question the longevity of current batteries, they’ve been using electric traction motors on trains for decades. If the batteries can hold up, the busses might run a lot longer than their hydro-carbon counterparts.

I’m not pro nor anti electric vehicles as choice. Can’t say I’m a big fan of any technology being foisted upon me from the Gov’t either direct mandate or through elimination of other options.
And those electric traction motors occasionally need replaced. At our factory, we had/still have two switch engines, with three traction motors between them, each powered by a 200 hp Cummins.

While I saw all three diesels replaced once in the forty years I worked there, about thirty years ago. We replaced an average of one traction motor per year. The traction motors were an in stock item in the storeroom at each factory. The diesels were not.

Honest question. Based on your statement, the average life of a traction motor on your engines in your yard was roughly 3yrs?

I don’t know diddly-squat about trains, longevity, maintenance, etc.

Last edited by horse1; 01/28/24.

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

There coming!

Hahaha!
Why not?

I have no problem with those who want to drive an EV. I just do not want the money coming from my pocket to subsidize their choice.

And yes, any dollar collected by the Fed Gov, becomes property of the Fed, thusly property of you and me, despite that the Fed would have us all believe otherwise.

Don't be silly.

No ....forget I asked.

As I said earlier, I have no problem with anyone who wants to pay out of their own pocket to purchase an EV. I just do not like to subsidize their choice.

For my use? A few years ago I had to replace a transfer case on a Chevy Blazer because mud and sand had collected on the skid plate from my driveway. As the drive train moved under acceleration, the accumulated sand wore a hole completely through the bottom of the transfer case.

Sure I could use an EV to replace my Honda Accord, which gets taken out on clear, bright summer days. But I already have the accord. And I would have to pay for a charging station.

Go back to carbs. How obtuse! Our 3/4 ton and 1 ton farm pickups used to get 6 to 9 mpg at 150 hp with their carbs.

Now with direct injection and variable valve timing they get 20 mpg+, with 400 hp+, not even considering diesel performance. Technology is a wonderful thing. So long as I am not paying for someone else to buy it.
Are you comparing diesel to gas powered farm trucks?

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
While there’s certainly room to question the longevity of current batteries, they’ve been using electric traction motors on trains for decades. If the batteries can hold up, the busses might run a lot longer than their hydro-carbon counterparts.

I’m not pro nor anti electric vehicles as choice. Can’t say I’m a big fan of any technology being foisted upon me from the Gov’t either direct mandate or through elimination of other options.
And those electric traction motors occasionally need replaced. At our factory, we had/still have two switch engines, with three traction motors between them, each powered by a 200 hp Cummins.

While I saw all three diesels replaced once in the forty years I worked there, about thirty years ago. We replaced an average of one traction motor per year. The traction motors were an in stock item in the storeroom at each factory. The diesels were not.

Honest question. Based on your statement, the average life of a traction motor on your engines in your yard was roughly 3yrs?

I don’t know diddly-squat about trains, longevity, maintenance, etc.
yes. They almost always failed due to water intrusion.

IC B3

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors

I specifically excluded diesels in this comparison.

For example the 6.2 liter Chevy produces 420 hp and gets 20 mpg and has since 2018. My 75 Dodge w/ 440 got 6 mpg day in, day out, loaded, or empty.

Of course that 20 mpg is hiway. It will not do that crawling through the mud hauling hay bales through the pastures or pushing a snow plow.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

By gosh...this man gets it!

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
JeffA Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
What I wanna know us who was paying for school buses before this Volkswagen money came along???

???????

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J

There coming!

Hahaha!
Why not?

Don't be silly.

No ....forget I asked.

Talk about obtuse!

You never have stopped paying for someone else to buy anything.

By all means...continue your free fall to obsolescence.

I am MAGA.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
What I wanna know us who was paying for school buses before this Volkswagen money came along???

???????

Free choice bake sales that went into the general fund of course.

I am MAGA.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

For example the 6.2 liter Chevy produces 420 hp and gets 20 mpg and has since 2018. My 75 Dodge w/ 440 got 6 mpg day in, day out, loaded, or empty.

Of course that 20 mpg is hiway. It will not do that crawling through the mud hauling hay bales through the pastures or pushing a snow plow.
What does excluding diesels prove?

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
At least nobody was forced to make all those neat technological advancements.

The auto makes did that on their own dime and out of the kindness of their own hearts.

I am MAGA.
I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I

There coming!

Hahaha!
Why not?

Don't be silly.

No ....forget I asked.

Talk about obtuse!

You never have stopped paying for someone else to buy anything.

By all means...continue your free fall to obsolescence.
You be sure to let us know when you give up your obsolete tractors and pickup trucks.

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I

What does excluding diesels prove?

Does not prove anything. Was not pertinent to the conversation of carburetors.

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O

You are either disingenuous or choice-fully ignorant... Break this into two pieces:

First, Who controls the money? From your post "to trust funds in each state".. So State government is controlling disbursement. Reminds me of the Tobacco Buy Out that was signed into law in 1998... 25 years later the USDA and state Ag Departments are STILL doling out dribbles and drabs to the former tobacco producers they are supposed to be helping. Who is controlling / benefiting from all of the VW money sitting in escrow? Definitely not the citizens.

Second, Who structured the Volkswagen CAA violation settlement with VW? One of the "swampy-est" organizations in D.C. ... The EPA. Per the EPA-brokered settlement, funds have to be spent on DERA compliant projects and vehicles. The money could have been allocated to fund any number of existing programs or projects, federal or state thereby reducing tax payer burden. But NO, the EPA had to slot the money to be spent on PURCHASING the newest Swamp money scam/diversion... Electric Vehicles... Citizens did NOT get a say in where the money was slotted. The Swamp directed the money to a very narrow group of projects controlled by other like minded government agencies.

So, why now the big push to spend VW fines on Electric Powered Buses? Gasoline powered buses are DERA compliant. Propane powered buses are DERA compliant. Newer low particulate diesel power trains are DERA compliant. So why all of the gas lighting toward Electric Buses?

Well... Maybe because 39 of the 50 states are not taking the EPA (Swamp) bait to purchase electric buses. Per the article below, and others like it, the majority of states are using the VW money to purchase other-than-electric buses... And the Swamp is missing out on an opportunity to profit from a self induced push for electric buses. Time to turn up the propaganda to make E Buses look like a good idea.

As I said above: "It is ALWAYS about the money." Someone in the swamp is pizzed that their electric bus investment is not making as much money as originally anticipated by slotting the VW fines...

Wasted Opportunity...

Page 10 of 13 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

124 members (35, arky65, 240NMC, 10Glocks, afisher, Aviator, 11 invisible), 1,525 guests, and 802 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,503
Posts18,490,601
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.