-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 16 of 18 1 2 14 15 16 17 18
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Shrap, I think everyone here would love to see the NRA rehabilitated and become the organization it could have become. Maybe we'll see that and I hope we do, but I think it's safe to say that most will want to see real reform before giving support once again. I won't be holding my breath.

I think demanding that those who said "not another nickel until WLP is gone" immediately resume their financial support just isn't going to fly with many at all, and you should recognize that many who said that have come to the realization that NRA's problems are far deeper than WLP's mere presence long after uttering that declaration.

I'm sure there are good people involved, like your buddies. I won't contradict you, and no one who doesn't know them should contradict you either. If you say they're good guys then I'll take that as fact, and if they can do anything to clean it up then I wish them the best of luck. They've got a helluva task ahead of them. For the rest of us, well...maybe I should speak just for myself: "rah rah" and my hard earned cash ain't gonna do a damned thing to clean it up from the outside. If they (whoever's worth a damn still in the organization) can turn it around from the inside, clean out the corruption, change the bylaws so that the membership has some say-so and real control over the board, and knock off the stupid political games (and I am talking about almost ten decades worth of BS) then I'll even volunteer my time and yield monetary support---but not until I see the turnaround.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Well this level of discourse is sure to swell the ranks of the NRA.

Originally Posted by Strop10
Originally Posted by shrapnel
Originally Posted by Hastings
Shrapnel: If nothing else, you found out there isn’t much appetite for sending money to the NRA anymore.

Actually, that is not true. The Campfire has exploded with negativity, but I was at the Antique Arms Show in Vegas when I ran into Phil Shreier and Garry James. Talking to people there at the show about this very subject, it was interesting how few felt the way the Campfire does.

Yes there are plenty upset with WLP, but not the majority of people that are still collecting and shooting guns…

https://www.antiquearmsshow.com/
[Linked Image from scottbieser.com]

https://www.scottbieser.com/ak_heston.html

So this is the level you will stoop to to make a point! You and all the rest that have jumped ship, failing to recognize that the NRA is still a viable organization.

I never said the NRA was perfect, I just haven’t abandoned it and can recognize good people such as I mentioned (Phil and Garry) that are engaged in good work within the NRA.

This happens to be Charton Heston’s gun vault, proving Strop is no smarter than the people he wants to denigrate…

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Truth is treason in your empire of lies.

That was the gun room of an attorney who died in 2007. You will literally stoop to saying anything and making [bleep] up to try to get others to subsidize your anti 2A group.

https://hoaxes.org/photo_database/image/charlton_hestons_home_gun_collection

https://smallarmsreview.com/amazing-100-piece-class-iii-collection-sold-at-auction/

Even if that was Heston's stuff, it would just show him as another "rules for thee, but not for me" elite.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by GeoW
Shrap, answer one question.

How deeply are you involved with the NRA?

Do you benefit Financially?

Still waiting or do I not deserve an answer?

g

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Shrapnel: If nothing else, you found out there isn’t much appetite for sending money to the NRA anymore.

Actually, that is not true. The Campfire has exploded with negativity, but I was at the Antique Arms Show in Vegas when I ran into Phil Shreier and Garry James. Talking to people there at the show about this very subject, it was interesting how few felt the way the Campfire does.

Yes there are plenty upset with WLP, but not the majority of people that are still collecting and shooting guns…

Antique and collecting are key words in understanding their “interesting” views… when the day comes that you find you need a “REAL” ID or two “APPROVED” forms of photo ID, plus having to be in a “data base” to buy a box of .22 or shotgun shells, don’t come around here bitching about it…what you seem to not understand is the Second Amendment and the folly of “COMPROMISE” with legislation that chips away at it.
For the “PROGRESSIVES”, it’s NEVER enough…even when they score a “WIN”…take gay rights as a prime example…with gay rights, it started out as a push for tax breaks and survivor benefits for same sex couples…next, it was gay marriage…today they’re pushing transgenderism for kids and stupid schitt like men being allowed to compete in womens sporting events…it’s NEVER enough…

ETA: the NRA has failed at every turn…😡

Last edited by Middlefork_Miner; 01/30/24.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I don't hate them, but as a near life long resident of IL I felt they wrote off this state long ago. Maybe I missed a few things, but I don't remember them helping when IL was forced to pass a CCW bill. We have had the FOID forced on us since 1968. Someone should have gone after that following the Heller decision if not sooner. We can't have suppressors.

I do belong to the ISRA. They seem to be trying.

IC B2

S
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
S

g

I don’t have to qualify to you or anyone else, my background or interests. I have been on this site long enough that I am no mystery to you or anyone else.

I have taken too many low blows from members here and I don’t really care. I started the thread to see how many people that said they would support the NRA when WLP was gone and got hit with all the background noise of it’s not just WLP, it’s everything else.

No one could reasonably respond to good people in the NRA, just the bad.

I guarantee you and everyone else, Phil Shreier and Garry James represent thousand of other NRA employees, trying to make a difference and that means nothing to anyone here.

I started this with a question myself about supporting the NRA, a simple yes or no is all that was necessary, but typical of the Campfire, filibustering and criticism mean more to those people.

I am not that gallant that I would go down with the ship, but I still don’t believe it is sinking…

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

So this is the level you will stoop to to make a point! You and all the rest that have jumped ship, failing to recognize that the NRA is still a viable organization.

I never said the NRA was perfect, I just haven’t abandoned it and can recognize good people such as I mentioned (Phil and Garry) that are engaged in good work within the NRA.

This happens to be Charton Heston’s gun vault, proving Strop is no smarter than the people he wants to denigrate…

have your buddies publicly condemned WLP in any of their articles?

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

S
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
S
Originally Posted by gitem_12

Why don’t you start your own slander thread and continue there…

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by gitem_12

Why don’t you start your own slander thread and continue there…

is that a deflection for no they haven't?

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Thanks Shrap. I think in a roundabout way you answered my question. I asked myself before I asked, how could someone be so Pro-NRA at this point in time. That's the answer I came up with too.

g

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

IC B3

S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S

g

I don’t have to qualify to you or anyone else, my background or interests. I have been on this site long enough that I am no mystery to you or anyone else.

I have taken too many low blows from members here and I don’t really care. I started the thread to see how many people that said they would support the NRA when WLP was gone and got hit with all the background noise of it’s not just WLP, it’s everything else.

I guarantee you and everyone else, Phil Shreier and Garry James represent thousand of other NRA employees, trying to make a difference and that means nothing to anyone here.

I started this with a question myself about supporting the NRA, a simple yes or no is all that was necessary, but typical of the Campfire, filibustering and criticism mean more to those people.

I am not that gallant that I would go down with the ship, but I still don’t believe it is sinking…

Not saying there aren't good people, most groups do have good people. There are few absolutes in life, but good people get used by the bad instead of the other way around which sets how things operate.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
"This restaurant serves crappy food, but I bet if I keep going and buying lunch there, eventually they'll hire a good cook!"

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
So Shrap is an NRA "influencer"..........

Well, then, that makes sense.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H

g

“Thousands of NRA employees “, you say ?

You want a simple yes or no yet you refuse to do the same when respectfully asked ?

Weak gravy.

E
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by Houston_2

g

You want a simple yes or no yet you refuse to do the same when respectfully asked ?

Weak gravy.
Toot toot 🚂🚂

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
On topic. I didn’t write this, endorse this or deny this. I only saw how easy it was for people to deny any good the NRA had accomplished and made empty promises of support when WLP was no longer EVP…

https://home.nra.org/statements/nra-evp-wayne-lapierre-announces-resignation-from-nra/
It is smart to wait and see. Wane's handpicked successor and hand picked board and the president (NRA) praised Wayne and gave no indication they found fault with him. Personally I think it prudent to wait and see how the trial shakes out and to see if dissidents such as Mr. Knox are solicited for input. Most of us have no idea who the present BOD are and their names or the under table money they've received or directed to cronies. How much financial liability is going to sap the treasury after this trial? Is NRA going to continue to pay Wayne's legal bills. After all he left his men in charge and they are in on and have been in on the embezzlement if only by remaining passive and not making waves.

As I said earlier I recognized in the 1970s that NRA was not about court cases to establish 2nd amendment precedent but only about a continuing crisis. I wrote the NRA a letter imploring the leadership to get into court and fight gun restrictions and I did not get the courtesy of a reply.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by earlybrd
Originally Posted by Houston_2

g

Weak gravy.
Toot toot 🚂🚂
He does have a point. I don't care for Houston_2 at all but he is right to think we deserve an answer.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Stophel
"This restaurant serves crappy food, but I bet if I keep going and buying lunch there, eventually they'll hire a good cook!"

That is a very good analogy.

T
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Stophel

That is a very good analogy.
No it's not, change starts at the top dumbazz.

Life is good live it while you can.
E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
https://youtube.com/shorts/YrDCeWKYA14?si=ZdeMhJa_wO6g1g-4

Am I a boomer for struggling to figure out how to post YouTube shorts?

Either way that’s a great example of why so many have abandoned the once great organization.

Page 16 of 18 1 2 14 15 16 17 18

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

470 members (22kHornet, 160user, 1Longbow, 1lesfox, 163bc, 06hunter59, 42 invisible), 2,179 guests, and 1,096 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,563
Posts18,510,657
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.