Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 12
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by PA_Probe
Got my shipped notification today. Hopefully this time the magazine is included. My last HB 6.5 Grendel came without the magazine. I had spares but felt a little ripped off.

Still a bit of a question. Brownells is saying hinged floorplate. See what shows up. 😳

HR IC

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by AKwolverine
Got my shipped notification today. Hopefully this time the magazine is included. My last HB 6.5 Grendel came without the magazine. I had spares but felt a little ripped off.

Still a bit of a question. Brownells is saying hinged floorplate. See what shows up. 😳

I’m cautiously pessimistic…….

Wouldn’t that be just swell though.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'm intrigued but not enough to order one yet. Let us know what the bottom metal situation is, that could get me off the fence.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Just a heads up, Jefferson outdoors just got their 6.5/7.62 bdl bottom metal in stock. 9/10 they are sold out of them.

https://jeffersonoutdoor.com/bottom-metal/

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same... President Ronald Reagan
P
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by jerrywoodswalker
"I kinda sorta want one in 7.62x39 to fling subsonic 255 Sub Xs"

Good luck with that 1:9.5" twist

Stability calculator shows it working fine, Hornady says 9.5 works, and a poster on another forum tried them in a 9.5 twist and they made round holes, so I’m thinking they’ll work.
Would be tempted to try the 190 grain 308 diameter Sub Xs as well.

IC B2

P
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by Pappy348
Then kinda sorta order one😛
A stainless Grendel is probably sufficient for now!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Just got off the phone with brownells tech support. They said the new stainless minis have the hinged floorplate bottom metal.

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same... President Ronald Reagan
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Anyone got a coupon code for February? January code expired...

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Steelruger22
Just got off the phone with brownells tech support. They said the new stainless minis have the hinged floorplate bottom metal.
Yes. They are consistent. smile
But couldn’t send me a picture or tell me oal.

Hopeful here also.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Yes. They are consistent. smile
But couldn’t send me a picture or tell me oal.

Hopeful here also.

Yep, in my experience Brownells customer support has been top tier. Now I just need to find a stock. Stocky's needs to release more factory 2nds......

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Ordered one. Been waiting a long time for a stainless mini.

Yup.
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
I will believe this when I see it. I googled the part number for Howa and only got the Brownells website. Find it very unlikely that they would design a hinged bottom metal and only release it with the stainless model.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by prairie_goat
Originally Posted by jerrywoodswalker
"I kinda sorta want one in 7.62x39 to fling subsonic 255 Sub Xs"

Good luck with that 1:9.5" twist

Stability calculator shows it working fine, Hornady says 9.5 works, and a poster on another forum tried them in a 9.5 twist and they made round holes, so I’m thinking they’ll work.
Would be tempted to try the 190 grain 308 diameter Sub Xs as well.
I'd still be surprised, particularly at subsonic velocities. I definitely would not screw my suppressor on until I was darned sure they were stable.

Midway has the 190 Sub-X in stock ($46/100), I waited months for them to come back in stock before I was able to order any (last fall), then they ran out again and it took a couple of more months for them to come back in stock. They recently got them back in. If it's something you're set on I would order them now.

I even wonder about the 190 Sub-X at subsonic velocities... While my 300 Blackout (Rem/AAC Model 7) has been incredibly accurate with supersonic Speer 150 gold dot blackout bullets and Barnes Tac-Tx 110 bullets, I've never got more than what I consider middling accuracy with the subsonic heavies. Maybe I just need to find the right load yet???

Jerry

Rem/AAC Model 7, supersonic 300 Blackout, 150 grain Speer gold dots, 3-shots @ 50 yards (my home range only goes out to 50 yards);
[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]

Si vis pacem, para bellum
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I will believe this when I see it. I googled the part number for Howa and only got the Brownells website. Find it very unlikely that they would design a hinged bottom metal and only release it with the stainless model.

I’m in agreement. All the AU sites show them with the traditional mini dbm. My guess is they are shipping straight from the distributor and no one at brownells has seen them.

Should know in a few days.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I gave in to temptation, guess I’ll have to sell the blued model I haven’t even had a chance to shoot yet…

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
What stock do you guys recommend or using?

HMM-161, HMM-364
Semper Fi Brothers
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I’m in agreement. All the AU sites show them with the traditional mini dbm. My guess is they are shipping straight from the distributor and no one at brownells has seen them.

Nope. Tracking on my order shows it at a Fedex hub in Iowa, where Brownells is located.

What fresh Hell is this?
S
Campfire Regular
Online Happy
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Remington280
What stock do you guys recommend or using?

Pendelton by Oregon Gunsmithing

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Just fondled one at gun city in Christchurch New Zealand

Magazine version

So want this thing with a stockys vertic grip

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Pappy348

Nope. Tracking on my order shows it at a Fedex hub in Iowa, where Brownells is located.

Yep. 🤷‍♂️

Page 4 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

177 members (338reddog, 300_savage, 308xray, 16penny, 280shooter, 27 invisible), 2,136 guests, and 1,081 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,367
Posts18,488,265
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.