Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 27 1 2 3 4 5 26 27
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Engineering is the study of other people's failures, and creating policies, processes and procedures to avoid repeating mistakes.

Half of the fun of this site is seeing what didn't work for whom and for why, and avoiding those failures.

“Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.” - General
John Stark.
GB1

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Starbuck
Originally Posted by cumminscowboy
I said this at the time. Guess what the mob here made fun of me and attacked me personally instead of addressing exactly what they felt I said was incorrect. Form talked about shooting 100k rounds through rifles with a specific scope. Then all he ever showed was pics of tikkas with factory barrels still on them.

A lot of people swallowed everything he said with baited breath.

It's been some time, but wasn't your longstanding beef with him derived from an argument over how many shots he got out of a barrel, wherein he was referring to total shots through an action and you misread it as shots through one barrel? Seems I read several posts from you in various threads that referenced Form's infamous barrel.

It was more a lack of reading comprehension. The claim advanced (bullshít or not) was that a scope had seen 6 figures shot under it. Never was it claimed to be from the same rifle; but this bit was elusive for some.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by David_Walter
Engineering is the study of other people's failures, and creating policies, processes and procedures to avoid repeating mistakes.

Half of the fun of this site is seeing what didn't work for whom and for why, and avoiding those failures.

The thing is, there are so many out there who can't separate belief from knowledge and are all too willing to reach a conclusion when they shouldn't conclude anything at all.

"I've used [insert brand name here] and owned dozens of them and never had that happen to me." (therefore, it did not happen to you)

"I bought a [insert brand name here] and it failed within a week" (therefore, they ALL fail within a week)

"I missed a good buck when I used a [insert brand name here]." (I take no responsibility fir the miss)

"My 1-in-12 twist .22-250 won't shoot 50-grain Ballistic Tips but my 1-in-9 twist .22-250 will, so obviously you need a 1-in-9 twist for that bullet."

It's the freekin internet. Everybody is now a gunwriter, no qualifications needed.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
It's never been difficult to discern who shoots and who don't. Hint.

It's funnier than fhuqk,just how many of the Dont's are Professional Victims,steeped in Hurt Feeler Reports. Hint.................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Keep flogging your wares, Brother Stick . Please do another Leupold lol

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I still remember Formidilosus' elk hunt.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/8328789/1

About 10-15 yards above the sheer drop off, the rocks gave way and I flipped on my back tossing the rifle, knowing that I was about to go off and hoping that if I went feet first I would just break my legs... It was around a 60 foot drop and I watched rifle flip end over end until it dropped over the ledge. I was on my back sliding fast trying to grab anything to stop. The first two bushes just tore away doing nothing to slow me down. I was able to snatch the last small tree right above the drop off and it held. When it stopped me my right foot was dangling over the edge. I was still only holding on by my left hand and used my right to hit the quick releases on the pack. It broke away and shot off the cliff, taking what seemed like forever to hit.

Quando omni flunkus moritati
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Big Stick

It's funnier than fhuqk,just how many of the Dont's are Professional Victims,steeped in Hurt Feeler Reports. Hint.................

It's also not difficult to know who won't post any pics of his "always shoots in the 0.2's" testing setup.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I'm a Form skeptic but I trust his opinion more than that of many of his haters.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by westsloper
I'm a Form skeptic but I trust his opinion more than that of many of his haters.
Yep, same here.
All I know is if a guy has Burns, JGRaider, and cumminscowboy saying he’s doing something wrong, he should continue as he’s doing as that bunch is the antithesis of right.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by Whiptail

About 10-15 yards above the sheer drop off, the rocks gave way and I flipped on my back tossing the rifle, knowing that I was about to go off and hoping that if I went feet first I would just break my legs... It was around a 60 foot drop and I watched rifle flip end over end until it dropped over the ledge. I was on my back sliding fast trying to grab anything to stop. The first two bushes just tore away doing nothing to slow me down. I was able to snatch the last small tree right above the drop off and it held. When it stopped me my right foot was dangling over the edge. I was still only holding on by my left hand and used my right to hit the quick releases on the pack. It broke away and shot off the cliff, taking what seemed like forever to hit.

Was that the hunt he forgot his sleeping bag?

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Whiptail

Sounds like a scene out of Mission Impossible with Tom Cruise

😂😂😂

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Why not just trust yourself and your experience? Works for me..

If I did that, I wouldn't know what junk Leupold scopes are, or that I'd be better off if the safety locked down the bolt on all my rifles.

Mathew 22: 37-39

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by goalie

It's also not difficult to know who won't post any pics of his "always shoots in the 0.2's" testing setup.

It's funnier than fhuqk,that a Brokedick Whining CLUELESS Kchunt Professional Victim,is always in a constant state of AMAZEMENT,due her "means","abilities" and "comprehension". That which is IMPOSSIBLE for you and INCREDIBLE,is simply called "Friday" here and rather blasse'. Hint.

Keep The Hurt Feeler Reports coming and pardon wares that exist. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!....................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Q
qwk Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Q
Originally Posted by prairie_goat
Yep, same here.
All I know is if a guy has Burns, JGRaider, and cumminscowboy saying he’s doing something wrong, he should continue as he’s doing as that bunch is the antithesis of right.
Bingo. Those clowns are contra indicators.

Illya is a paid vortex pimp. Says so himself. Not gonna shyt where he eats.

Form called out the hater bytches with a $$$ offer. No takers.

It’s easy to see who is full of shyt, when $$$ comes up.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

This thread just went to hell. Now we have Form's dumb imitator chiming in.

Politics is War by Other Means
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by prairie_goat
Yep, same here.

Guess again hoss. I never said he was doing something wrong anyway. I said half the time I think he's FOS. BTW, seeing this qwk loser is on your team it has much to say about you.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Formidilosus once sent me a Nightforce scope just to play with for a couple weeks. He paid the postage to me and I paid postage back. Nice guy as far as I am concerned. BTW I didn't ask for the scope loan he offered when I was asking about that model on a thread.

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
been on quite a few forums and rokslide is #1 for product bashing to promote another, it was obvious from many years ago, kifaru was the only way to fly, bought one of those pos's and it dang near killed me on my first pack out, they've come a long ways since kifaru or bust days lol, I do see some posters here that do the same dang thing but overall this forum keeps things in check as too many ask questions and it's not as reigned in...a little more 1st amendment here so to speak, which always allows the truth to get to the top eventually

I've caught Form a couple times making rational sense but it did contradict his most repeated words. 1. Was around target shooting disciplines, how to come up with better for 'hunting' than say prs, he actually confirmed the prs and the rigs don't cross over to hunting and could be set up better, but most of the time he recommends getting into it to become a better shooter. When he did call out all he saw wrong with it from the targets themselves etc. he was thorough and detailed as usual and made perfect sense...just a rarity to catch him contradicting himself like that, usually he bangs on about prs ffp/mil as much as you possibly can lol.

and 2. I saw him admit despite all the gear and training available and that by his witness of countless top dog killers etc. that only a moderate amount of people will be consistent killers to 450 yards and very few to 600. Which mirrored my own journey and application afield, it also mirrors a great many and when polled (rokslide prs guys included) it seems to mirror the majority halve the distances they compete at when hunting (most saying 500-600 tops for hunting). Which then confirms what zee fack is all this banging on about prs ffp/mil about then? A brief instance of clarity and honesty came out from time to time...must have got in the way of the business plan, tough to always stay on agenda. wink

connecting all the dots from this thread and the linked it seems I was right in my assumption, that this is more about having a latest trend/fad to sell gear, it boils down to dollars, the American way...the entire prs ffp/mil thing is as I've said...just warming up after where hunting including long range hunting ends...so for the hunters why waste your time with the target disciplines that are unnatural and not fine tuned for 0-600 yard work on animals?

anyway, that's gonna generate plenty of hurt feelers

in the end I don't mind him, very detailed student imo, seems to be a sponge, had interesting chats re; terminal ballistics with him but I had theories people hadn't been talking about yet and he seemed stuck on only what you could already pre-learn from others work, he didn't seem very open to anything new presented by a forum member, struck me as a bit of ego wink

Last edited by stinkycoyote; 02/02/24.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by stinkycoyote
been on quite a few forums and rokslide is #1 for product bashing to promote another

What was your previous name here?

Q
qwk Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Q
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Guess again hoss. I never said he was doing something wrong anyway. I said half the time I think he's FOS. BTW, seeing this qwk loser is on your team it has much to say about you.
Time to put up or stfu. The shyt you tout doesn’t work for continued use. You won’t cause you’re a lyin bytch.

Page 3 of 27 1 2 3 4 5 26 27

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

612 members (10Glocks, 007FJ, 1Longbow, 160user, 12344mag, 2003and2013, 59 invisible), 2,473 guests, and 1,172 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,791
Posts18,477,334
Members73,944
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.