Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
What's the deal? Any good?? Did Yakina Curnutt eat them???

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
I like em, they're good with boiled chittlerlings as an appetizer

Last edited by EFHutton; 02/03/24.
E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
No thinks

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
I like them. Don’t often eat them because anywhere you get them they’re liable to be way too salty for my tastes and blood pressure

Mathew 22: 37-39

Campfire Regular
Online Happy
Campfire Regular
Peanuts are only good when they are turned into butter...and even then, they can be underwhelming.

"Social order at the expense of Liberty is hardly a bargain” de Sade
"He who'll not reason is a Bigot, he who cannot is a Fool, and he who dares not is a Slave."SirWilliamDrummond
IC B2

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Really good for those with no teeth.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Not a fan of them

T
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
T
I had a friend who always said how good boiled peanuts were. He left me a container of freshly made boiled goobers. Me never eating boiled goobers before was not sure how to proceed, did one eat them like pumpkin seed, shell and all or were you supposed to crack and enjoy the insides. Well I chose to eat whole. The shells were soft and salty after being boiled. Plenty of fiber! A few days later I seen my friend and was talking about his gift of boiled goobers. It was then that I learned that the shells were supposed to be cracked and discarded! I can honestly say that eating the shell and all was not bad with a bonus of unclogging the bowels.

T
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
T
I had a friend who always said how good boiled peanuts were. He left me a container of freshly made boiled goobers. Me never eating boiled goobers before was not sure how to proceed, did one eat them like pumpkin seed, shell and all or were you supposed to crack and enjoy the insides. Well I chose to eat whole. The shells were soft and salty after being boiled. Plenty of fiber! A few days later I seen my friend and was talking about his gift of boiled goobers. It was then that I learned that the shells were supposed to be cracked and discarded! I can honestly say that eating the shell and all was not bad with a bonus of unclogging the bowels.

E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
Originally Posted by thunderbritches
Thx for the input👍

IC B3

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Not really a fan of them, but that's just me. I work with a guy that eats David sunflower seeds whole, puts them in his mouth and chews them up.

PETA - People Eating Tasty Animals
J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Confused
Campfire Outfitter
J
Gross

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I like them with some Cajun seasoning in the boil, but none of them taste like what most folks think a peanut tastes like. If you try your first one with that in mind, it goes better.

Last edited by reivertom; 02/03/24.
U
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
U
Had never had them before, this was probably 40 years ago. Went down to Terrell County, GA to hunt on a buddy’s lease. Kept seeing these “stands” along the road and finally asked, “what the hell is a boiled peanut?” Being a Georgia boy, he of course laughed, then stopped at a stand he liked. They were still warm, paper bag was soggy, I was not convinced until I tried them. Holee Schitt - damn near Nirvana!
Any time I’ve been in that area since, I’m always hitting a few of the stands along the way.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I giv9 them too thambs up!

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H

I’ve seen 2 Yankees try to eat boiled crawfish in the same manner.

Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger

25 posts since 2006.....you win an all expenses paid trip to Wabigoonland where the local chef, wabi, will create a scrumptious breakfast fit for a king.

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
Originally Posted by Houston_2

I’ve seen 2 Yankees try to eat boiled crawfish in the same manner.
Was that you and Gheyghost?

Campfire Regular
Online Happy
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by gonehuntin

25 posts since 2006.....you win an all expenses paid trip to Wabigoonland where the local chef, wabi, will create a scrumptious breakfast fit for a king.

Now that is a scary thought seeing his cooking and photography...

"Social order at the expense of Liberty is hardly a bargain” de Sade
"He who'll not reason is a Bigot, he who cannot is a Fool, and he who dares not is a Slave."SirWilliamDrummond
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
In Dixie you’re introduced to them by age 3,enjoying them with a large glass of sweet tea.By 17,the tea is replaced with cold beer and get togethers called “peanut boils”.They’re pretty popular in my neck of the woods…

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

591 members (1936M71, 007FJ, 1234, 17CalFan, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 56 invisible), 2,380 guests, and 1,235 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,659
Posts18,493,546
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.