Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
2-3 times per trip... we chow at Lung Fung (https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaur...ng_Fung-Panama_City_Panama_Province.html)

When we go fishing in Panama.

As always... Nice pics KG...

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

GB1

S
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
S
Looks like Dam good food, and a Great time had by All!

Deer Camp! about as good as it gets!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by kamo_gari
For real though, don't you cowboys have things like potatoes or some other sides or whatever? I'll send you a sackful of sumptin' if you need it, homey! smile

My wife had a bunch of asparagus and bacon chunks going in a skillet. But it wasn't quite done and I had the munchies so.... I just started whittling away on that roast.

N
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
I couldn't attempt to guess what types food you are showing but, i certainly could attempt to eat it all. Love the pic of the folks at the table piled high with all that food. I'd be in heaven.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by kamo_gari
Originally Posted by gunzo
What a fuqking joke.

Care to elaborate, friend? You lost me.

I've lost myself. I must have been in the wrong thread or something.

IC B2

K
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by Osky
Looks awfully good!

I spent time working in both of Californias China Towns back in the 90’s, a guy can certainly eat well there.

Spent time with your daughters on the ice you say, what is this “ice” you speak of asks the guy with a place in Northern Minnesota? We haven’t had much if any.

Great pics, thank you.

Osky

Yep, in my younger years enjoyed many excellent authentic food offerings in both C-Towns in LA and SF. Used to be that the J-Town in LA had some real Japanese food as well, but it's been many years since I've been willing to spend any time--or money-- in CA. Just can't do it anymore on principle alone. Which is a shame, since it has some of the most beautiful places in the world and I spent many years from childhood in the 70s and on loving being there.

On the ice deal, yeah, I hear you. We haven't had enough ice to fish for smelt in two years. Too warm for anything really but junk ice and especially with brackish, moving water were the anadromous smelt come in, it's just not safe. We did get a recent cold snap in the single digits that had 3" form so the boys have been at it and have done OK, but thin ice and the knowledge of many people having a bad day--in some cases their last day--makes this fella too nervous to play on it unless plenty of margin for error. A few years back five kids went through the ice on the river less than 15 miles from here. None survived. Oldest was 13 and youngest was 7, I think...

Sprint11: Yes, better. Maybe. wink

Sammo: I do that all the time, at the risk of having my hands swatted by the wife while doing so. "I'M TESTING HERE!"

One member here texted me the words, "you have my address for sending the bugs, right?" and included a chart with his guesses. Gave me a bit of a scare, as he was damn close, but alas, no banana for him.

Thanks for the comments and grins, and some of the guesses on the food have been very good, but no one yet has come close to completely nailing either set, let alone ace both. There's still time, though! smile

K
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by nahma_mich
I couldn't attempt to guess what types food you are showing but, i certainly could attempt to eat it all. Love the pic of the folks at the table piled high with all that food. I'd be in heaven.

You have the proper spirit, sir. My old man used to tell my brother and I when we were very young and balking at anything he wanted us to try, "I won't ever force you to eat anything you don't like, but I insist you try it at least once. If you don't care for it, then that's that, and you'll then know it's not for you, but if you don't try it, you'll never know..."

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

418 members (1Longbow, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 160user, 17CalFan, 163bc, 42 invisible), 2,273 guests, and 1,210 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,627
Posts18,474,185
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.