Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
When you absolutely want chaos, remember to use the postal service.

Our ups/fedex/dhl business overnight comes the next day 99% of the time. There are rare days, mostly from weather, when it doesn't, but they always know where it is.

GB1

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by BeardedGunsmith
Good luck with them paying the insurance. Even if you show proof for the cost of the item, they'll deny it. At least in my experience.
My situation was similar to others here. I was selling an expensive German air rifle for a friend (Feinwerkbau) on gunbroker. The price was pretty hefty and a guy bought it and paid me. IIRC it was a little over 2 grand. I sent the gun out and insured it for the sale price. The guy sends me an email a week later and says that it hasn't updated since it left my post office and went to the next mail center and wanted me to call to check on it. I called and they tell me they can't find it and to make a claim. I made a claim. They denied my claim for missing info. Appealed and added a sales receipt that showed the price I sold it for and how much a new one costs. They denied it again, no reason given. I appealed yet again and they ignored me. About a month past by and I was literally going to send the guy a check with his money back (I kept him in the loop the whole time). I couldn't believe it when I woke up the next day to an email from him saying that it showed up on his door step. In the end we were both happy but it was over a month of me expecting to be out over 2k for trying to do a favor for a friend.

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by EdM
Last year I bought a Ruger #1 from a guy on another forum. IIRC tracking showed "in transit" for three weeks. I was patient with the seller so we went another two weeks then he sent me back my funds. He filed a claim, provided the original ad with my agreement to buy, copies of my cashed check and USPS said they were investigating. He fought for a couple of months to no avail. Fully four months since shipment my FFL called to advise my rifle had arrived. USPS never indicated delivered. I sent the seller the funds back. We were both pleased in the end.

The above was my only issue with USPS ever.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Has anyone ever tried using an AirTag or Tile to track a package? I am headed out-of-state for a hunting trip, and I'm going to put an AirTag in my gun case. I've never used one before, but it looks like it would be cheap insurance. The battery is supposed to last a year, or more.

Thoroughly enjoying Alaska since 2001.
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
It's gotten to where I hate to send more than a bill via USPS!

IC B2

W
WMR Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
I bought a Marlin .356 on GB several years ago. USPS somehow broke it through the wrist. The shipment was insured for the purchase price and USPS bought it for that amount. Right now I’m waiting on another rifle that is delayed and possibly lost. Time will tell.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by DanInAlaska
Has anyone ever tried using an AirTag or Tile to track a package? I am headed out-of-state for a hunting trip, and I'm going to put an AirTag in my gun case. I've never used one before, but it looks like it would be cheap insurance. The battery is supposed to last a year, or more.

It’ll be interesting to see how your tracking compares to that of the USPS.

Black Cows Matter!
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
They suck, wife bought me a nice framed duck stamp image from my birth year, it wouldn't fit in mailbox so they sat it by the driveway, in the rain. It was ruined. I have a covered front porch about 30ft away. USPS denied the claim and said my driveway was an acceptable drop off spot, even in the rain.

I will say USPS tracking is very hit or miss, I wouldn't go crazy just yet.

Last edited by killerv; 02/06/24.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
We have had zero issues I can ever recall with USPS. I"m sure something some time. But I don't recall. Fed Ex has sure messed up some things though.

We did file a fraud issue on USPS money orders paying something we never received and that was a total failure but I kind of expected that. Learned my lesson there.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
I
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
I
After filing a small claim a couple of years ago I found out that the final insult of USPS insurance is that, even though they lost or damaged the shipment in handling, insurance doesn't reimburse the shipping.

Increasing my post count so people will buy stuff from me
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I haven't shipped any guns USPS but I know they have a theft problem. A couple years ago my wife sent a birthday card to a grandson. She put several $20 bills inside the card. When it got there, the envelope was cut open, retaped, and no money. Somebody was opening obvious card envelopes looking for cash or gift cards.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
R-C,

I had the same thing happen last year when I sent a birthday card to my sister. The USPS eventually made an arrest in that case.

Cards stand out and are easily targeted. I now ship cards in a flat rate priority mail envelope.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by immature
After filing a small claim a couple of years ago I found out that the final insult of USPS insurance is that, even though they lost or damaged the shipment in handling, insurance doesn't reimburse the shipping.
They do reimburse shipping. There is a line on the claim form to list shipping cost.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I'm waiting on a package through UPS that is the third attempt for the same thing from the same company. There tracking sucks.

“Some ideas are so stupid that only intellectuals believe them.”
― G. Orwell

"Why can't men kill big game with the same cartridges women and kids use?"
_Eileen Clarke

"Unjust authority confers no obligation of obedience."
- Alexander Hamilton

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Had chainsaw parts leave Edinburg Texas yesterday morning via free shipping with FedEx. Those parts were at my back door in middle Appalachia as of an hour ago.

These shippers can do it if they want to.......

I prefer peace. But if trouble must come, let it come in my time, so that my children may live in peace. ~~ Thomas Paine
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by SBTCO
I'm waiting on a package through UPS that is the third attempt for the same thing from the same company. There tracking sucks.

Yep, and apparently they're tired of actually talking to people about it.....

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

I prefer peace. But if trouble must come, let it come in my time, so that my children may live in peace. ~~ Thomas Paine
A
AU7MM08 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
A
Received a call from the Sr Louis post office yesterday, they haven’t received it.
Gentleman was polite but didn’t have any real info beyond that it’s not looking good.

I’m fairly certain my brand new broken Supergrade is in the ghetto of Montgomery AL, thanks USPS.

E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
Dam shame

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Blame your trump installed postmaster general louis deJoy’s actions. They vowed to destroy the post office, and he's still at it and diligently following trumps orders. Most incompetent person to have ever been installed in charge of such an important agency. Of course, as were all trumps appointees.

Phil

E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
Gheyghost GFY

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

574 members (01Foreman400, 10gaugeman, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 16penny, 17CalFan, 53 invisible), 2,404 guests, and 1,314 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,647
Posts18,474,581
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.