Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by wabigoon
There are going to be some great bands in Heaven

That is a great way to look at it.

Surprisingly, great way to look at it.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy
Originally Posted by Rooster7
Originally Posted by Rooster7
Originally Posted by wilkeshunter
Maybe they'll stop playing his sh Itty music now..

You are a piece of Sh 1t.

I never said I was glad he died, it's too bad his alcoholism finally caught up to him.

But his music is low brow garbage. He was smart enough to capitalize on dumb people's love of war and fake Patriotism

He had stomach cancer, dumbass.

And you don't think guzzling jack daniels for decades had anything to do with that? Ok....

It's too bad he went so young...relatively...

So every person that gets cancer is an alcohol abuser? Ok...

You are clueless

Oh the irony...

LMAO

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Bobmar
I knew him as a kid. We were in the same class in elementary school. He was a good guy then. I haven't talked to him since the early 70’s. It’s a little strange when someone you knew became so talented and famous. I enjoyed his music and appreciated the way he stood up for things I believed were important. His death definitely reminds me of my own mortality. RIP, Toby.

His “How do ya like me now “ comes to mind from your post.

IC B2

J
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
Rest in Peace, Toby. An thank you for your unflinching patriotism.

I'd be curious to know how many of us have put Jackson Handjob on "ignore" after his outrageous posts. It should be done across the board. Send the scum a message.

"No good deed shall go unpunished!"
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Life is short. RIP.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I saw him preform at the Sturgis rally some years back.

Patron member, NRA, Life Member SCI,
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
To the guys that say he was a democrat you might want to back that up a little. This is him singing at Trumps inauguration!!!

Last edited by crittrgittr; 02/06/24.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

IC B3

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Maybe they'll stop playing his sh Itty music now..

There is always one a-hole that just has to has to comment when he should have kept his thoughts to himself. I liked his music and will miss him. RIP Toby.

Last edited by Ackleyman; 02/06/24.

.280 AI Fan

"I don't make jokes, I just watch the government and report the facts" Will Rogers

"A little knowledge is a dangerous thing" Unknown

Trump 2024!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by crittrgittr
To the guys that say he was a democrat you might want to back that up a little. This is him singing at Trumps inauguration!!!

"However, in a 2017 interview with The Atlantic, he said the decision to play was a matter of duty rather than tacit support toward Trump, saying if "the president of the frickin' United States asks you to do something and you can go, you should go..."

"I performed at events for previous presidents [George W.] Bush and Obama"....

"Keith was a registered Democrat until 2008, when he re-registered as an independent, telling the Chicago Tribune in 2016, "I was a Democrat my whole life."

This stuff really isn't difficult to find..lol all are excerpts from news articles that took me 10 seconds to find.

Last edited by Jackson_Handy; 02/06/24.
F
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
F
The country needs a few more Toby Keith's running around right now. Never ever question where his loyalty was "His Country" regardless of what his voter registration was. Man was a patriot through and through.

Hook and Book, Shoot and Scoot
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Flhoundhunter28
The country needs a few more Toby Keith's running around right now. Never ever question where his loyalty was "His Country" regardless of what his voter registration was. Man was a patriot through and through.

Well said.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

"However, in a 2017 interview with The Atlantic, he said the decision to play was a matter of duty rather than tacit support toward Trump, saying if "the president of the frickin' United States asks you to do something and you can go, you should go..."

"Keith was a registered Democrat until 2008, when he re-registered as an independent, telling the Chicago Tribune in 2016, "I was a Democrat my whole life."

This stuff really isn't difficult to find..lol all are excerpts from news articles that tool me 10 seconds to find.

The entertainment industry is historically left leaning. Not a big Jimmy Olsen scoop there.

So... in 2008, Toby wised up, left the demoRats behind, and became an Independent.

I say... Congratulations to him for wising up.. He wasn't the first, and there are thousands more still wising up every day. Watch some YouTube and you will get a feel for just how many.

And I personally do thank him much for his dedication to our peeps in the sandbox over the last 2 decades. I can't say I was a big Toby Keith fan, because I wasn't. Just not that into country. Nothing against Toby Keith.

So you say his music was simplistic. Ohhh-kaaay. Ever heard of a little band called Black Sabbath?

RIP, Toby Keith. A decent man gone too soon.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
FJB and FJH

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by local_dirt

This stuff really isn't difficult to find..lol all are excerpts from news articles that tool me 10 seconds to find.

The entertainment industry is historically left leaning. Not a big Jimmy Olsen scoop there.

So... in 2008, Toby wised up, left the demoRats behind, and became an Independent.

I say... Congratulations to him for wising up.. He wasn't the first, and there are thousands more still wising up every day. Watch some YouTube and you will get a feel for just how many.

And I personally do thank him much for his dedication to our peeps in the sandbox over the last 2 decades. I can't say I was a big Toby Keith fan, because I wasn't. Just not that into country. Nothing against Toby Keith.

So you say his music was simplistic. Ohhh-kaaay. Ever heard of a little band called Black Sabbath?

RIP, Toby Keith. A decent man gone too soon.

I'm just here pointing out facts. Mr gittr wanted evidence to back it up that Keith was a democrat and that I did. If facts make you mad, sorry.

Ps "Simplicitic" would be a complement for his music.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by Bob_mt
lets get real here...a lot here say the same crap about other singers/actors etc that are on the other "side". dems are pos, dems are traitors etc. I say that about dems, who has a dem for a friend? as far as I understand toby was a dem, obama supporter...so why is he being put on a pedestal now?.....bob

Objectivity is too much for this crowd. I mean after all he got hammered and sang songs about sticking boots in azzez and stuff! #merica lol

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
JH is just jealous cause his single never took off, for good reason:

https://www.discogs.com/master/1417...ication-Baby-Trouble-Will-Bring-You-Down

Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

195 members (308xray, 300_savage, 16penny, 280shooter, 29aholic, 204guy, 29 invisible), 2,238 guests, and 1,122 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,367
Posts18,488,261
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.