Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
B
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
Kid from the Ft. Hall Reservation near Blackfoot, ID gets killed by a pack of Rez dogs. We used to shoot strays because of problems like this and because they harassed livestock. Now in many places, it's a felony to shoot the damned things.

BLACKFOOT, Idaho — Carlon De La Cruz Galloway was a kind, caring young man who family says loved to crack jokes, hang out with his siblings and spend time with his family.

The 19-year-old was on a walk the morning of Jan. 31 in Fort Hall, Idaho, when he was attacked and killed by a pack of 12 dogs, according to his dad, Daniel De La Cruz, and his stepmom, Linna De La Cruz.

The horrific and untimely death of their son came two days after Blackfoot police issued a news release saying they were searching for Carlon De La Cruz Galloway, who police said ran from a crime scene and was wanted on an outstanding felony warrant.

Daniel and Linna De La Cruz visited EastIdahoNews.com Monday afternoon to address their son's situation and "clear his name" following a wave of negative comments and speculation from the public.

"He wasn't a pedophile, he wasn't a murderer, he wasn't evil, he wasn't a dangerous, mean criminal," Linna says. "People see a mugshot and think the worst, but he was a good, kind kid who would have done anything for anyone."

'A good brother and amazing son'

Carlon De La Cruz Galloway attended Shoshone-Bannock Jr./Sr. High School and worked for his dad, who owns a roofing company. He loved being outside, hunting and fishing.

His sister recalled mentioning one day that she wished there was another girl in the family so they could have a spa day. The next day, Carlon De La Cruz Galloway said, "Am I going to have to be your sister today?" and the two got facials and pampered each other.

"He was protective of his sisters and protective of everybody. He wasn't a kid that was going to start trouble," Daniel De La Cruz explains. "He was a good brother and an amazing son."

Daniel and Linna De La Cruz admit their son was like any other teenager and wasn't perfect. When he was 16, he crashed his truck and took off. He was charged with felony eluding, which resulted in an outstanding warrant, according to his parents.

Juvenile records are sealed in Idaho, so EastIdahoNews.com was unable to verify the charges, but Carlon De La Cruz Galloway had no adult criminal record other than an infraction in 2021 for driving without privileges and failure to provide insurance.

"I'm not going to paint a picture of a perfect child. He had his bad days, and not to say he didn't throw a fit here and there, but overall, he was a good kid," Linna De La Cruz says.

'Carlon's gone'

Carlon De La Cruz Galloway was at a friend's house in Blackfoot on Jan. 29 when law enforcement showed up about 11 a.m. to serve a warrant for another person at the house, according to Linna and Daniel De La Cruz. When their son saw the officers, he ran.

"Probation and parole decided to go (and) check on one of their parolees at a house. Carlon happened to be there. He was still thinking he had a warrant, which he did, and when asked his name, he said, 'I'm George,' and then took off running," Daniel De La Cruz says.

Three schools were put on lockdown, and the Blackfoot Police Department issued a news release saying it was looking for Carlon De La Cruz Galloway. Officers said two people were hiding in backyards, running along railroad tracks near the Rich Street Apartments, and one of them might have had a firearm.

"Carlon didn't carry guns, and the other kid didn't have a gun either," Linna De La Cruz says. "Carlon was very safe with guns and knew guns but would only use them to go hunting. He was never violent and didn't like confrontation."

Carlon De La Cruz Galloway ended up at his deceased grandfather's home in Fort Hall. On Wednesday morning, he ate breakfast and went for a walk about 8 a.m.

A few hours later, a family member who lived nearby noticed a pack of dogs surrounding something. She yelled at the animals and realized they were attacking a person on the ground, Daniel De La Cruz says.

Fort Hall police and the FBI were contacted. Daniel De La Cruz was working when he got a call from Carlon De La Cruz Galloway's biological mother.

"She says, 'Carlon's gone.' I replied, 'Where? Where'd he go?' She said, 'No, he's gone. He's dead. He got attacked by the neighbor's dogs — a bunch of them. He's dead,'" Daniel De La Cruz says through tears.

Daniel De La Cruz jumped in his truck and rushed to the scene of the attack, about 30 to 40 yards from Carlon's grandfather's home. Investigators had placed orange cones across the property, each one marking a piece of clothing that had been ripped off Carlon De La Cruz Galloway's body.

"I didn't even recognize him. He was naked, and his body was just laid out face forward all muddy. I couldn't even tell it was a body — my son's body," Daniel De La Cruz says, breaking down.

Shoshone Bannock Tribes Fish and Game Department euthanized the wild dogs. There were 12 animals involved, according to Daniel and Linna De La Cruz, and the FBI is investigating the attack.

"Looking at my son, you could tell he fought. He had bruises on his hands and swollen knuckles. I know he had to have hit and punched," Linna De La Cruz says. "And as far away from the house as he was, even if he was screaming, nobody could have heard him."

'We love him'

Carlon De La Cruz Galloway's parents hope by speaking out, the public sees another side of their son – not a criminal in a mugshot but a young man who had his whole life ahead of him tragically cut short in a horrific attack.

"I would take his place in a heartbeat. Since I can't, I promised I'd clear his name and let everyone know who Carlon really is," Linna De La Cruz says. "Nobody deserves to die the way he did. We love him, and he will be missed by so many."

A viewing for Carlon De La Cruz Galloway was held Sunday and he will be buried Tuesday. A GoFundMe* account has been established to help pay for funeral and other expenses.

Since he passed, Carlon De La Cruz Galloway's siblings have written down memories. One brother recalls a time when he was consoling him following the death of a loved one. His words then are more poignant now:

"Notice how it rains when someone passes. That's nature's way of washing the footprints they left on this earth, but the two places it can't wash are your home and your heart. The only thing that can do that is your tears. So don't cry because they're OK now."

Linky to Story

[Linked Image from img.ksl.com]

Last edited by Ben_Lurkin; 02/07/24.

Yours in Liberty,

BL
GB1

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Happened on the Crow rez a while back.

They started shooting dogs as far as I know.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
That’s ironic.

He took off running from deputy dog only to be eaten by the rez dogs.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
that's one of them things that is just astonishing hard to believe. not saying I don't believe it I'm just saying it so incredible that it's hard to believe at least for somebody not from the area

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
If he is a good kid why did he feel he needed to run from the police?

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
shoulda had a bougie.....

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by Scotty
If he is a good kid why did he feel he needed to run from the police?

Bingo

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
One of my Indian "buddies" went on a shooting spree and eliminated a bunch of them on the rez near me, ending the plague, ironically, his wife shot him dead about two years ago now, but there aren't packs running around anymore, for now lol.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Terrible way to die! There are some people that deserve a death like that but that kid was not one of them.

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
SSS...

IC B3

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by cs2blue
Terrible way to die! There are some people that deserve a death like that but that kid was not one of them.

Agreed. Horrible way to die.

Tarquin
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

They did. A while back. Go thru now and I swear there are more than before on both Rez’s.
Ffing drug culture.

I know first hand of a place heck and gone from anywhere that had four very nasty Rots…. Imagine what was going on there? One day those rots we’re seen running down an elk calf. That fall a hunter was over that country but not on Rez land when one came snarling his direction. Done deal. A few months later another set of hunters spotted the three on a hot run and they stayed low. As luck would have it the three turned and soon enough came to stumble across the two hunters. There are no more rots there.

Osky

A woman's heart is the hardest rock the Almighty has put on this earth and I can find no sign on it.
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Crazy thing on those Rez’s….. the natives kill one heckuva a lot more wild horses on that land than they do dogs, and don’t have a bit of hesitation doing it every chance they get.

Osky

A woman's heart is the hardest rock the Almighty has put on this earth and I can find no sign on it.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by Osky

They did. A while back. Go thru now and I swear there are more than before on both Rez’s.
Ffing drug culture.

I know first hand of a place heck and gone from anywhere that had four very nasty Rots…. Imagine what was going on there? One day those rots we’re seen running down an elk calf. That fall a hunter was over that country but not on Rez land when one came snarling his direction. Done deal. A few months later another set of hunters spotted the three on a hot run and they stayed low. As luck would have it the three turned and soon enough came to stumble across the two hunters. There are no more rots there.

Osky

That's how you have to do it.

They would pack up and come off the rez here.

Dad and Grandpa said they would get neighbors together on saddle horses and keep on them till they got as many as they could.

I am MAGA.
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by Osky

Ffing drug culture.

Osky

That's how you have to do it.

They would pack up and come off the rez here.

Dad and Grandpa said they would get neighbors together on saddle horses and keep on them till they got as many as they could.

Unreal. Swing thru Lame Deer and see all the incapacitated people at times and all those nasty dogs roaming around them and in every direction… the school road direction as well. Time bomb waiting to go again.
As said whack horses at every opportunity, and I’m no wild horse lover so be it, but let those mutts roam around your children, elders, anyone.
Senseless.

Osky

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
I didn't know they were shooting horses like that.

I honestly thought they were mainly getting killed in vehicle collisions.

Amazing what people will put themselves through.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Ran over a pack of feral dogs in my Urban Cowboy Ford Truck bout 40 years ago going to pickup my wife for a date down in the barrio. Was aiming for them fuggers for over a year hauling ass down the RR frontage road and finally connected. Took a few of them out most just rolled and kept going across the tracks. Turned around and drug the dead ones off the road. Called road kill dept next day. Never seen that pack again.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
B
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
My lovely bride would have probably been this kids PO if we were still in ID. My FIL is a retired professor and volunteered taught one of the tech programs at the Ft Hall HS to try and get the kids some marketable skills once they're out of High School. The problem is the kids get a big ass check from the Rez once they're 18 and instead of using it to better themselves, they go out and buy a new car/truck or use it for drugs, etc. Ft. Hall used to have the highest murder rate in the nation. I've lost track of that - maybe they still do. These reservations are an absolute mess. Too much free sheit and excess free time leads to drugs and alcohol abuse and all the accompanying problems. But it's all the white man's fault. We need to solve it by not giving them guilt money and let them stand on their own.

Like you Fats, I've managed to smoke a few of those dammed dogs over the years with the truck.

Last edited by Ben_Lurkin; 02/07/24.

Yours in Liberty,

BL
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by Ben_Lurkin
My lovely bride would have probably been this kids PO if we were still in ID. My FIL is a retired professor and volunteered taught one of the tech programs at the HS to try and get the kids some marketable skills once they're out of High School. The problem is the kids get a big ass check from the Rez once they're 18 and instead of using it to better themselves, they go out and buy a new car/truck or use it for drugs, etc. Ft. Hall used to have the highest murder rate in the nation. I've lost track of that - maybe they still do. These reservations are an absolute mess. Too much free sheit and excess free time leads to drugs and alcohol abuse and all the accompanying problems. But it's all the white man's fault. We need to solve it by not giving them guilt money and let them stand on their own.

You pay blacks to stay in the ghetto and you pay Indians to stay on the rez.

Just saying......stand on their own might mean right next door to you.

I am MAGA.
W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
Wild dogs are not good.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

126 members (2500HD, 300_savage, 1973cb450, 338reddog, 204guy, 20 invisible), 1,737 guests, and 1,047 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,623
Posts18,474,051
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.