Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by JohnnyLoco
Why do the areas of the world that have the most peoples over 100 years old eat dandelion?
Don't plan on living to 100,

but I sure as heck eat dandelion greens in my salads once they come up.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
GB1

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Guess they have never seen or have owned land that had them suckers tear it up.

Try driving a tractor in a cotton field and hitting one of their 4 ft deep by 6 ft holes and get back to me.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Don’t forget how the wolf saved Yellowstone too…

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
No, a survivor!

Mutha fuggers will eat bacon, porkchops, and ribs from the store until their fuggin heart seizes up but want to kill all the feral hogs.
Johnny loco, you make a lot of sense to me. I like pigs. Would rather eat pork than venison. Pigs like everything else is natures food source. Just step up hunting and serve more pork at the dinner table. It’s just like somewhere in either New Mexico or Arizona there where feral cattle. Instead of hunting them, it was proposed they were to be destroyed and left to rot. People complain about high meat prices when we have an opportunity to make good of these feral animals. Go figure!

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Good thread Styx!

IC B2

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
All I know about wild hogs is that they're a lot of fun to shoot. I'd love to get back down to Texas and shoot some more. I just need to find a farm that doesn't want to charge me $600 everytime I help them eliminate one of their problems.

Bb

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by wabigoon
I'm glad we don't have any.

Be sure to give humble praise and thanks when
you say your prayers

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Burleyboy
All I know about wild hogs is that they're a lot of fun to shoot. I'd love to get back down to Texas and shoot some more. I just need to find a farm that doesn't want to charge me $600 everytime I help them eliminate one of their problems.

Bb

I don’t think its right charging big money but with the tax cabal a man has to pay the tax man however he can.

I couldn’t care less how the relatively few feudal lord sodbusters with their Ag exemptions and money schemes feel about hogs, I ain’t a farmer.

I’m a common man, I view most “Wildlife Biologists” these days as “Faucis” and the whole agricultural community as “Big Pharma”, and the land owners as the “Hospitals”…Its all self a serving money machine with no regard for the common man !

Last edited by JohnnyLoco; 02/09/24.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
And I have the same opinions on the World’s oceans, waterways, and wet lands.

Its all about control by the feudal lords.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I was looking for an easy link but they were all long and complicated. Feral pigs were a problem even before 1700 in New England, got so numerous that the Indians largely switched over to a hog-based economy, King Phillip’s War, our first major Indian War was sparked by Metacomon (AKA King Phillip) running his hogs on Hog Island, POing the surrounding settlers.

Any town that sound like Coshocton or Cohocton comes from an Algonquin term meaning “place with hogs”, there’s one along the Upoer Delaware in NY State, by the 1780’s the name transferring to the main Delaware Indian town in present day Ohio.

I think it was Olmstead whose 1857 campsite in East Texas was overrun by semi-feral hogs and who remarked there were numerous poor Whites squatters in the area for whom feral pigs and cattle were a major source of sustenance ( if it weren’t Olmstead it was a guy 20 years earlier).

So yes, feral hogs go way back, maybe as long ago as DeSoto.

The mystery is why have their populations been skyrocketing in recent years.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Sometimes the reasoning of “why” is searching for a more complex answer.

Whats the reason for the skyrocketing boom in human populations?

I will say this on the history of the subject, we don’t have MEN anymore like there was in times of old. Can you even imagine rounding up pigs out of the roughest part of Hill Country for a drive?

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Alan_C
No, a survivor!

Mutha fuggers will eat bacon, porkchops, and ribs from the store until their fuggin heart seizes up but want to kill all the feral hogs.
Johnny loco, you make a lot of sense to me. I like pigs. Would rather eat pork than venison. Pigs like everything else is natures food source. Just step up hunting and serve more pork at the dinner table. It’s just like somewhere in either New Mexico or Arizona there where feral cattle. Instead of hunting them, it was proposed they were to be destroyed and left to rot. People complain about high meat prices when we have an opportunity to make good of these feral animals. Go figure!

LOL.

Sockpuppet circle jerk. Why don't you both go jack each other off somewhere else?

Lets see some pictures of you both living off the land, eating feral hogs and cattle.

We'll wait.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
loco should think of this a bit different. if everyone was out surviving on hunting hogs and not at the grocery store there would probably not be very many hogs out there. so the people going to the grocery store the farmers butchering their own stuff is actually making more for him. but then he also hates the farmers and they should be out of business so therefore they would be honey hogs and there would be no grocery stores..

I think you puffed up too much loco weed ate too many gummies or just a genuine dumbass which one is it..

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
The reason the Texas hog problem took off according to my wildlife mgmt friends is thus. Deer lease prices took off several years ago and the leases want something else to hunt for the money, so ranchers started trapping hogs and relocating them so that the hunters could come year round to hunt. It had gotten so bad that the TX legs. passed a law that it was illegal to have a live feral hog in a trailer on the highway unless it was going to a slaughter facility.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Hogs survive, because thats what hogs do.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
No, a survivor!

LOL.

Sockpuppet circle jerk. Why don't you both go jack each other off somewhere else?

Lets see some pictures of you both living off the land, eating feral hogs and cattle.

We'll wait.
You sir need to change your meds!

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
No, a survivor!

LOL.

We'll wait.

LOL.

How about that photo of you living off of feral hogs and feral cattle?

Yeah, I didn't think so.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
Hogs will eat each other.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
No, a survivor!

LOL.

We'll wait.

LOL.

How about that photo of you living off of feral hogs and feral cattle?

Yeah, I didn't think so.
Never said I was living off feral hogs. I just don’t believe in wasting food sources of any kind. It’s all about proper management. Personal attacks will never force me to agree with you. I do respect your opinion though!

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Never said I was living off feral hogs. I just don’t believe in wasting food sources of any kind. It’s all about proper management. Personal attacks will never force me to agree with you. I do respect your opinion though!

So you know a bit about wildlife management?

And food sources?

I'm not attacking you sir. I'm just pointing out that you are agreeing with a retard who knows nothing of either subject.

Our local game processing plant condemns about half of the feral hogs brought in to them as unfit for human consumption. They throw them in the condemned barrel with permanent dye so they can't be eaten.

Those cattle that were killed in NM were feral in very rugged mountains, and while I didn't agree with them being shot the way they were, there's ranchers with cattle that are taken care of in the same area, and you turn a bunch of hunters loose in there telling them to kill feral cattle, how many would they kill that aren't.

As far as wasting food sources, I know you must see me as a real bad man for not eating even one of the multiple hundreds of coyotes I've killed. smile

You CAN eat them. I've seen it done.

If you don't believe in wasting food sources of any kind, then how do feel about the hogs that follow farmers as they plant, and eat every single corn seed they plant, the night after they plant them? What will feed more people? The hogs or the corn field?

All I'm saying is to be a true believer, then.... BE a true believer.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

248 members (257 mag, 160user, 12344mag, 2500HD, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 257robertsimp, 26 invisible), 1,774 guests, and 1,116 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,495
Posts18,472,159
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.