Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
Tru story I know a gal that does grocery pickup 🥴 she ordered a thing of bananas and got 1 single banana 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️😂

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
One of these days some of you bastards may live to get old.....if you're lucky!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Beretta_Shooter916
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Originally Posted by 1minute
We live in the sticks, so fortunately this is not an everyday occurrence. Occasional trips to Metropolis, however, find us treated like second class citizens if we don't toe the line. I do own a cell phone but am not one that keeps it perpetually glued to his left hand. Actually, it's turned off 99.9% of the time and lives atop the microwave.

Dinning out now, even in some fine establishments, appears to be forcing one into the "app" world, and I'm resisting. Three issues: 1. Specialized orders like rare, medium, well-done, with/without some condiment. 2. Serving up one's personal data, home address, and financial institutions (i.e. credit/debit cards #'s, phone #'s, and e-mail accounts). I damned sure don't want daily e-mails from Benihana, Burger King, Big Boy, or anyone else on the specialty or deal of the hour, and 3. the requirement to pack around a $100/month implement just to interact in this world. Are we expected to die if our battery crashes?

I recently hit up a Dominos in Boise, and the clerk/cashier (an English-speaking white, Angelo Saxon Protestant believe it not) essentially replied with nothing but a blank stare when I asked for a Medium Deluxe from their menu while handing over the proper dollars and cents. Damned near like I had leprosy or something. A manager had to come over to save the day. I realize with rising wages etc, businesses are attempting to streamline and eliminate positions, but don't see it fitting in with service industries.

Anyone else resisting?

Most of the idiots at McD’s and BK couldn’t take your order without a picture of the Big Mack or Whopper on their cash register. Much less make change. 🤪

Thats why I prefer McDs, they have the kiosk that I can put in my order, make sure its what I want

Only time I go there is for breakfast. Order a #3 in the drive-thru. It’s a bacon egg and cheese biscuit meal.
Hard to Fugg up. But they still get the drink wrong about half the time. 🤪

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Beretta_Shooter916
Originally Posted by 1minute
We live in the sticks, so fortunately this is not an everyday occurrence. Occasional trips to Metropolis, however, find us treated like second class citizens if we don't toe the line. I do own a cell phone but am not one that keeps it perpetually glued to his left hand. Actually, it's turned off 99.9% of the time and lives atop the microwave.

Dinning out now, even in some fine establishments, appears to be forcing one into the "app" world, and I'm resisting. Three issues: 1. Specialized orders like rare, medium, well-done, with/without some condiment. 2. Serving up one's personal data, home address, and financial institutions (i.e. credit/debit cards #'s, phone #'s, and e-mail accounts). I damned sure don't want daily e-mails from Benihana, Burger King, Big Boy, or anyone else on the specialty or deal of the hour, and 3. the requirement to pack around a $100/month implement just to interact in this world. Are we expected to die if our battery crashes?

I recently hit up a Dominos in Boise, and the clerk/cashier (an English-speaking white, Angelo Saxon Protestant believe it not) essentially replied with nothing but a blank stare when I asked for a Medium Deluxe from their menu while handing over the proper dollars and cents. Damned near like I had leprosy or something. A manager had to come over to save the day. I realize with rising wages etc, businesses are attempting to streamline and eliminate positions, but don't see it fitting in with service industries.

Anyone else resisting?

Most of the idiots at McD’s and BK couldn’t take your order without a picture of the Big Mack or Whopper on their cash register. Much less make change. 🤪

Thats why I prefer McDs, they have the kiosk that I can put in my order, make sure its what I want

Only time I go there is for breakfast. Order a #3 in the drive-thru. It’s a bacon egg and cheese biscuit meal.
Hard to Fugg up. But they still get the drink wrong about half the time. 🤪

Yeah I have bad luck if I do the breakfast drive thru thing....

I always order 2 sausage mcmuffins, no egg, and a large coke.

Half the time there are eggs

Usually if I do mcds for breakfast its a saturday so my dog is with me, he doesnt mind the eggs.....

DON’T BE TOO PROUD OF THIS TECHNOLOGICAL TERROR YOU’VE CONSTRUCTED. THE ABILITY TO DESTROY A PLANET IS INSIGNIFICANT NEXT TO THE POWER OF THE FORCE.

- Darth Vader
E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
It blows my fuqkin mind evry time you pull up to tha mcds drive thru speeka “will you be using our mobile app 2day” JFC you inbred nigkra I’m in the fuqkin drive thru🤦‍♂️🤷‍♂️

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
It ain't just confused old men, I'm 46 and have no idea about this restaurant app.

I do however know how to enter the phone number when checking out at the grocery store.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
F**K all aps. I am particularly pissed off by the ads that give you a deal if you use THE AP that is not available to you if you don't use it.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
Whiney zoomer bullschit

1minute Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
An addendum:

My kid lives in downtown Portland. If I want to go into a downtown business or his apartment building that does $10million+ annually, I have to use a phone or credit card to feed a parking meter right in front of the door. No cash allowed.

If it was my store, I'd be inclined to buy the parking and limit/enforce duration. I WILL NOT be going back.

There are no parking meters, period, within 150 miles of our home.

Last edited by 1minute; 02/11/24.

1Minute
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by 5sdad
F**K all aps. I am particularly pissed off by the ads that give you a deal if you use THE AP that is not available to you if you don't use it.

So then use the app, get the deal, and get on with life.

Its really not that difficult

DON’T BE TOO PROUD OF THIS TECHNOLOGICAL TERROR YOU’VE CONSTRUCTED. THE ABILITY TO DESTROY A PLANET IS INSIGNIFICANT NEXT TO THE POWER OF THE FORCE.

- Darth Vader
IC B3

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Use apps, fook up your phone , make your life more complicated.

E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
Fuqk some apps

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Fuqk yer app

Save our kids - shoot your local drug dealer.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Im not an anti social boomer…

But the less folks I have to deal with the better..

If that means..

Self checkout
Scan and Go ( sams club)
Food apps
Delivery apps
Pump my own gas

Then i’m happy.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by earlybrd
It blows my fuqkin mind evry time you pull up to tha mcds drive thru speeka “will you be using our mobile app 2day” JFC you inbred nigkra I’m in the fuqkin drive thru🤦‍♂️🤷‍♂️

And the answer is “Yeah, my order number is AB12”. And my McMuffin is $2 instead of $4. I go straight to the pickup window and am outta there. Know what I hate? The arsehat in front of me, usually two women, who sits there and hmms and hhaws at the menu for five minutes. You know, that menu that hasn’t really changed in 50 years! Order your breakfast and get your arse moving.

Yours in Liberty,

BL
E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
Baybay out diapers let’s look on our app find the best deal do a grocery phaaguty pick up whilst we out n about could use some bagels n crème cheese holy fuqk

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Baybay out diapers let’s look on our app find the best deal do a grocery phaaguty pick up whilst we out n about could use some bagels n crème cheese holy fuqk

English man,. English…

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
Originally Posted by Ben_Lurkin

And the answer is “Yeah, my order number is AB12”. And my McMuffin is $2 instead of $4. I go straight to the pickup window and am outta there. Know what I hate? The arsehat in front of me, usually two women, who sits there and hmms and hhaws at the menu for five minutes. You know, that menu that hasn’t really changed in 50 years! Order your breakfast and get your arse moving.
Yes

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Mutha fuukas would go full blown panic mode if there purina dog chow couldn’t be amazoned to there front porch

I guarantee you that 90 percent of the old tough guys here don't have a 50 pound sack of rice, flour or sugar in their house.

I'm in the 10% and I'm not even old. Or at least I don't think I am.

One is alone in a land so vast, there is only the mountains, the wind, and the eyes of God.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Ben_Lurkin

Wanna see something funny take that same arsehat and have him try to navigate one of those touch screen kiosks.

- Darth Vader
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

575 members (007FJ, 219DW, 12344mag, 160user, 10gaugemag, 222ND, 63 invisible), 2,321 guests, and 1,275 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,276
Posts18,486,677
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.