Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I
I hope there's a more detailed video out there. This is insane. Crazy shooting
The back story as received from reliable
PRODUCTIONS
sources;
"It was shot with a bow. Myself, PH/Outfitter and the client walked on the tracks for a few kms, good blood but we didn't find a dead buff. Called in the vehicle so the client can switch from bow to rifle. We backtracked about 100 meters to have a buffer between us and last spot of blood. Landowner and manager arrived with dogs, although PH told them not to go in before we are ready with the guns, they just walked off to see of dogs can get blood. 30 seconds later they came back at speed, buffalo circled around and was much ser than the 100 meters we cleared. PH couldn't take a shot because of the manager in the way, him and me circled around to let the guy pass and get a side-on shot on the buffalo. Guy got thrown, client took a shot while guy was in the air, rest is all clear on the video."
Add a reply...
@AfricanSunProductions

You've got to hand it to a blind prostitute

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Pathetic shooting with a human in the line of fire

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Da hell?........Nerp, i'm good.

PETA - People Eating Tasty Animals
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
It's a miracle he didn't hit the dude flying through the air.
PJ

Our forefathers did not politely protest the British.They did not vote them out of office, nor did they impeach the king,march on the capitol or ask permission for their rights. ----------------They just shot them.
MOLON LABE
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Holy chit. Shame he couldn't hang on for 8 seconds

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by rcamuglia

Pathetic that you don’t realize that they likely saved the tossee’s life by shooting when they did. That bull would have ground him into jelly.

Remember that the view from the camera is often very different from the shooter’s view.

It is likely that you never had to make a shoot/don’t shoot decision where other people’s lives factored into the decision. I was in a situation where I had to not only worry about the shot, but the physical safety of dozens of citizens. The stress is unreal and I hope to never be in a similar situation again.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Troutnut

Lol.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
DMc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I would never hunt with that shooter....

EVER

As for the guy getting tossed? Why didn't he have a gun?

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R

If I was at the mercy of an angry Cape Buffalo, he can shoot my direction anytime he needs to. Those bulls can turn on a dime and pound you into a puddle. No doubt he saved that guy's skin.

Last edited by reivertom; 02/13/24.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by PJGunner
PJ
Aimed just under him as he was lifted up.

IC B3

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by PJGunner
PJ
Aimed just under him as he was lifted up.

Looks like it was the feller on the left, just outside the frame that fired first(assuming he was the client), the big boy in front didn't fire until the bull rider was clear.
The one to the left had a different vantage point and probably a clear shot considering the range, from what I understand those animals are pretty dam wide. I hope a valuable lesson was learned by both the manager/landowner. If the original post is true, they went ahead when they were told not to. That situation could of turned out completely different.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
If I’m in that situation and I’m facing certain death by getting trampled and gored by a wounded Cape Buffalo or my “buddy” makes a lifesaving shot with me down range, a shot which violates 1 of the Boy Scouts Ten Commandments of firearm safety, I’d want my “buddy” sending ACCURATE rounds on target.

There are times when despite doing everything right where everything goes wrong. It’s times like these that separate the wheat from the chaff….the “rules” go out the window and one’s primal instincts to survive kick in.

The shooter in the video was obviously in a very high stress, life threatening situation which is when our “Fight or Flight” reflex kicks in. Thankfully the shooter chose to fight rather than take flight but in a fight response you can only use the tools immediately available to “fight”. The shooter “fought” the buffalo the best way he knew how and in that moment he didn’t have the luxury of a safety checklist or the time to wait until everything was perfect so he made a command decision to act!

Thankfully there are still some MEN who are capable of controlling their fear and emotions and are capable and confident enough to act quickly and decisively!

Unless a person has experience with extremely high stress situations that require an immediate and competent reaction to unforeseen emergencies without “thinking” they’ll NEVER understand. If that was me in that video (first I’d lose a good 50 pounds) I would hope and pray that my partner took the shot and second I’d hope and pray that my partner put the bullet through the buffalo and not me. 😀. If I were the guy with the gun I’d do what the shooter in the video did and there again I would hope and pray that my aimwas true.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
After posting my previous reply, I went back and watched it a few times more. Notice the muzzle discipline big boy had in the slo-mo replay at the end. He kept the dangerous end pointed away from the barrel clown until he was thrown clear, then took his time and made a clean shot to the vitals. Looks like he was right on target. Kudos.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Cape buffalo can sometimes absorb quite alot before they go down.

Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
V
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
V

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Suicide ride, looks like he stood a better chance on his back than under hoof, except for his friends shooting.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Troutnut

LOL

Decades of voting for the lesser of two evils has gotten us just that.....
I
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I
That is definitely some damn good shooting, that guys lucky he doesn't have a second bunghole. I would live to be sitting around their campfire later that night

You've got to hand it to a blind prostitute
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by Irving_D
That is definitely some damn good shooting, that guys lucky he doesn't have a second bunghole. I would live to be sitting around their campfire later that night
No s@#t! Would of been interesting to have been a fly on that wall.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by AB2506

Pathetic that you don’t realize that they likely saved the tossee’s life by shooting when they did. That bull would have ground him into jelly.

Remember that the view from the camera is often very different from the shooter’s view.

It is likely that you never had to make a shoot/don’t shoot decision where other people’s lives factored into the decision. I was in a situation where I had to not only worry about the shot, but the physical safety of dozens of citizens. The stress is unreal and I hope to never be in a similar situation again.

Knee jerk reaction period. If you slow the video down you can see he never fired until the guy was out of the line of fire. The guy has it going on and I'd let him have my back any day, Camuglia not so much.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

478 members (1beaver_shooter, 10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 160user, 10gaugemag, 01Foreman400, 44 invisible), 2,229 guests, and 1,115 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,509
Posts18,490,747
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.