Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
looks to me like he did what he had to do and did it well

I
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I
It took some work but I snagged some stills for a better perspective. That dude is lucky he's not pooping from two holes, and that he still has a pair.

Some taxidermist needs to do a full mount complete with guy on bull.

I bet this put a grin on Chris Ledoux.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Moment of shot, you can see smoke from barrel to the left

You've got to hand it to a blind prostitute
P
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
P
Didn’t Boddingtin’s daughter perforate a Tracker whilst he was being taken apart by a leopard some years ago?

They call it “Dangerous Game”. The guy that didn’t get an extra hole via horn or bullet should’ve went and bought a lottery ticket.

Though riding through the bush on a Buffalo’s boss at 25mph with people shooting in your general direction would make everything you’ll ever do seem boring in comparison.

IC B2

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Jerry Clower 'quoted' ole Marcel Ledbetter, after he climbed a tree after a bobcat, IIRC, '...just shoot up here amongst us, one of us needs some relief...'

For those criticizing the shooter !?!?!?!?!? If I'm the one between the horns, then blaze away my friend, what do I have to lose, that isn't near gone anyway????

Though I've never been there, shooting with friendlies down range strikes me as similar to being in battle, from time to time..... you don't always get to choose the situation or conditions, when bullets need to fly!

JMHO.....

Last edited by Muffin; 02/13/24.

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
The guy with the beard that shot first probably lost his right eardrum when the ph shot. Watch that guy's reaction when the shot goes off.

He may have lost hearing in that ear forever.

Montana MOFO
I
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I
I'm guessing the guy doing the riding has to be close to 300 lbs and that bull tossed him like a rag doll

You've got to hand it to a blind prostitute
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Ive said it before and now again. I don't allow clients to follow up if we have to follow up. Not on big bears anyway. And rarely on moose for the most part.

I think both shooters did just fine.

People that have not btdt don't realize how slowly and crystal clear all of this happens. The "rider" was totally clear on both shots. Except for any weird deflection after hitting the bull or a limb. And in that instance thats close enough for me.

Well done.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
Just watching a short clip it's hard to get an idea on what actually took place to put the man and bull together intimately. I can only guess that the guy on the bull had the first chance and missed or choked. In thick brush like that it could've just been a bull that was not seen by anyone until it charged. It's hard to tell but I'm certain the man that was tossed is happily thankful for the outcome. I hope he wasn't hurt too awfully bad in the encounter. Just a wild guess but the shooter might've been the guide. one thing we can be sure of; they didn't use the man as bait.

IC B3

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Unlike everyone who posted here, those PH's shoot for a living. You all carry your briefcase or lunch bucket to work and they carry their rifle to work.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by reivertom
Originally Posted by rcamuglia
Pathetic shooting with a human in the line of fire

If I was at the mercy of a Bull Cape Buffalo, he can shoot my direction anytime he needs to. Those bulls can turn on a dime and pound you into a puddle. No doubt he saved that guy's skin.

Reminds me of a Jerry Clowers story, "Just just shoot up in here amongst us, one of us gots to have some relief !! "

Your life is made up of two dates and a dash, Make the most of the dash.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
If I’m in that situation and I’m facing certain death by getting trampled and gored by a wounded Cape Buffalo or my “buddy” makes a lifesaving shot with me down range, a shot which violates 1 of the Boy Scouts Ten Commandments of firearm safety, I’d want my “buddy” sending ACCURATE rounds on target.

There are times when despite doing everything right where everything goes wrong. It’s times like these that separate the wheat from the chaff….the “rules” go out the window and one’s primal instincts to survive kick in.

The shooter in the video was obviously in a very high stress, life threatening situation which is when our “Fight or Flight” reflex kicks in. Thankfully the shooter chose to fight rather than take flight but in a fight response you can only use the tools immediately available to “fight”. The shooter “fought” the buffalo the best way he knew how and in that moment he didn’t have the luxury of a safety checklist or the time to wait until everything was perfect so he made a command decision to act!

Thankfully there are still some MEN who are capable of controlling their fear and emotions and are capable and confident enough to act quickly and decisively!

Unless a person has experience with extremely high stress situations that require an immediate and competent reaction to unforeseen emergencies without “thinking” they’ll NEVER understand. If that was me in that video (first I’d lose a good 50 pounds) I would hope and pray that my partner took the shot and second I’d hope and pray that my partner put the bullet through the buffalo and not me. 😀. If I were the guy with the gun I’d do what the shooter in the video did and there again I would hope and pray that my aimwas true.
Excellent post. Would that more choose to "fight" instead of standing around with their thumbs up. The same can be said of a number of situations, too many flap their jaws about this or that, postulate as experts and leave the work to a few who will, yet bitch when things go badly because nobody is willing to get their hands dirty or bloody!

To preserve liberty it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them.-Richard Henry Lee

Endowment Member NRA, Life Member SAF-GOA, Life-Board Member, West TN Director TFA
JOG Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
There's a second video where the guy that was tossed complains about how shoddily his life was saved.

Not.

Forgive me my nonsense, as I also forgive the nonsense of those that think they talk sense.
Robert Frost
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
If he wasn't pooping regular before that he is now. Everytime a door shuts he probably poops himself. He probably has PTSD now.

Writing from the gateway to the great BluMtns in southeastern Washington.

Just remember, "You are the trailer park and I am the tornado". Beth Dutton, Yellowstone.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I'm reading Fred Everett's "Heat, Thirst, & Ivory" now. His first elephant, on his own, was at 12 years of age. He talks about learning to aim below the direct charge and let them run into your shot, and it's clear he had multiple chances to test it, and several other high-stress shots out. This video is proof that there are PH's around whose skills and experiences are on a very different level, like a Formula 1 driver or pro football quarterback. Skill beyond our ability or desire to comprehend.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Well done by the shooters. A combat situation it was.

Osky

A woman's heart is the hardest rock the Almighty has put on this earth and I can find no sign on it.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
That guy better not play the lottery ever again. He used up all his luck.

Just wondering, how many here have hunted buff?

I have once.

Carpe' Scrotum
J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
The guy on the Horns was hoping someone would shoot.

Some people can shoot and some can't. The shooter could.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
L
LBP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Looked like some damn good shooting to me!

Will Munny: It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have.

The Schofield Kid: Yeah, well, I guess they had it coming.

Will Munny: We all got it coming, kid.
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

515 members (10gaugemag, 1Longbow, 17Fan, 12344mag, 007FJ, 10ring1, 63 invisible), 2,911 guests, and 1,266 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,112
Posts18,483,365
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.