Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
david rosenberg is about 3 years too late

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Jeezuz. I can’t get a reservation anywhere for our typical date night spots. At this rate, we may have to stay in town. Must be a recession.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by jetjockey
Jeezuz. I can’t get a reservation anywhere for our typical date night spots. At this rate, we may have to stay in town. Must be a recession.

McDonald's does not take reservations, dumbfuq.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

E
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by RiverRider

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

So you are known[azzhole leftist] beyond the campfire apparently.

FJB & FJT
IC B2

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by Calvin
Originally Posted by killerv
Originally Posted by moosemike
Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy
More like a depression

Not around here. My BIL owns a restaurant and he's posting record profits

That's because groceries are so high and the price difference between cooking at home and going out are becoming negligible, might as well not have dishes to clean while at it. As long as food and service is good at a halfway affordable price any restaurant should be killing it right now. Folks are still in the I wanna get out of the house mode after 2 years of lockdown. Then take in consideration credit card debt is at an all time high. But at some point, folks are gonna run out of money and credit.

Is that post made in jest?

nope, just commenting on my neck of the woods and what we are seeing

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
More like a depression

We are losing restaurants left and right.
Pretty much every non-franchised one has closed.
Older, nice places, owned by the same families for 40+ years. Only thing left is fast food, snooty expensive places, and Denny’s.

That's how it is up at my hunting camp. I decided I wanted to move to my Camp so I applied for a drywall/painting job at a factory built housing plant in Muncy. 665 people applied for that one job. Even though I've done drywall/ painting all my life I couldn't even get an interview. It was then that I realized I can't move up to Camp. The economy there is too poor

You any good? Fast and good?
Son in law and his Pap are looking for help.

We don’t need anymore imports, but I think you are better than our average Baltimoron.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If I believed the worst that's headed our way was recession, I'd be on my my knees giving thanks. But, I still have no crystal ball and have adopted the habit of making no predictions.

As far as the work-from-home thing goes, it may recede for reasons cited...BUT, I can say definitively that some jobs that can be done from home are easily tracked for production. My wife sits in her office directly across the hall from me this very moment engaged in her own WFH position, and believe me, her employer knows what she's doing. A 10-hour day is not unusual for her.

Yeah my wife works from home for the Federal Government. They track whether her computer is idle for any length of time plus she has hourly quotas to meet

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
More like a depression

We are losing restaurants left and right.
Pretty much every non-franchised one has closed.
Older, nice places, owned by the same families for 40+ years. Only thing left is fast food, snooty expensive places, and Denny’s.

That's how it is up at my hunting camp. I decided I wanted to move to my Camp so I applied for a drywall/painting job at a factory built housing plant in Muncy. 665 people applied for that one job. Even though I've done drywall/ painting all my life I couldn't even get an interview. It was then that I realized I can't move up to Camp. The economy there is too poor

You any good? Fast and good?
Son in law and his Pap are looking for help.

We don’t need anymore imports, but I think you are better than our average Baltimoron.

Yup. But the speed isn't what it once was

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
that because the dollar general only has one poor sap working per shift... try the self checkout

IC B3

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J

Touché. At this rate, that may have to be the backup. God knows I won’t wait in the ridiculous lines that are Chick-Fillet or In-N-Out. Must be a recession.

Hey, look at that. Ruth’s Chris has availability. But there’s a reason for that.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Oh, but they do - but you have to book a kid's birthday party.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

Touché. At this rate, that may have to be the backup. God knows I won’t wait in the ridiculous lines that are Chick-Fillet or In-N-Out. Must be a recession.

Hey, look at that. Ruth’s Chris has availability. But there’s a reason for that.

A positive note for you is the drag queen strip shows for children industry is booming

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by ribka

A positive note for you is the drag queen strip shows for children industry is booming

And why would you know that?

E
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Jetboi I read the fed is gonna drop rates

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by earlybrd
Jetboi I read the fed is gonna drop rates

Yep 7 times this year. Lol

See the market today???

More run away inflation and half of Americans living pay check to paycheck working 2 to 3 jobs while millions of illegal aliens get thousands a month and free housing

Last edited by ribka; 02/13/24.
E
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Jetboi said they wouldn’t drop rates

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
On the work from home subject my wife is a dept director overseeing 50+ people. She says productivity is a lot higher, quality of work is higher, and people are more engaged, and happier working from home. She has seen less turnover in jobs also. She says there are the "old school" people who just want to see their people sitting at a desk in person and those that want to "socialize" at work so they claim WFH isn't viable. She said it works great for her and her employees.

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Originally Posted by earlybrd

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Well, at least Mac Donalds comes with a toy,, sometimes.

But the fruits of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, Gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. Galations 5: 22&23
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Headed toward?

[bleep]. Don't know where some of ya'll have been.

Food/Grocery prices have skyrocketed.

Gas price is up.

Electric bill is up.

Interest is up.

Credit card debt is way WAY up.

House and car market is down

Grandma is going without her medicine so she doesn't starve and freeze and has emptied her retirement savings.

Yes, they have set up the next president to fail because they can't possibly keep it artificially low forever before the bubble pops. This time around will make the 1930's look like amateur day. Just wait until all of those who have had a lifetime of ease no longer gets their monthly checks and have no skills or no work experience. All those illegals will swoop in and take all of the low paying jobs and there will be lots of pain.

Which is also by design so the shadow government can crash and kill the dollar and go with a global digital buck. or as some like to call it, the mark of the beast.

Page 4 of 23 1 2 3 4 5 6 22 23

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

319 members (10Glocks, 2alphas2, 10ring1, 1Longbow, 1badf350, 163bc, 35 invisible), 1,883 guests, and 1,047 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,214
Posts18,503,952
Members73,994
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.