Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
He’s right. The guy is a thief. He smiled while talking about the shooting because he’s obviously had a bunch of plastic surgery and his face is full of botox. He’ll never wipe that smarmy grin off his face.

Think about that. Someone paid their hard earned money thinking they were helping do gods work but paid for him to have a permasmile.

Last edited by Futura; 02/13/24.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by flintlocke
I suppose being a fallen, doubting Thomas disqualifies me from peanut gallery remarks..but I do have feelings for the millions of common folks that just need a little hope, and a kind guiding word to help them through this vale of tears... and end up seeking hope and guidance from self appointed interpreters of Christian principles whom always seem to do quite well financially coincidentally. From the outside looking in, it looks like following the commandments and the good ol' golden rule, we could navigate this vale of tears without sky pilots, prophets and interpreters.
On the other side of the coin,I met an army chaplain one time in an overflow hospital in Camp Kue Okinawa in 1966, he seldom preached unless asked, he filled water glasses, even removed bedpans, took away meal trays, posted letters, all the stuff the overworked staff had as 2nd priority. Kidding, I asked him, what's a nice guy like you doing in a joint like this?, laughing he replied, seems this is where the work is and you guys can't get away either. My idea of a sky pilot.

Seems like that was the gist of the teachings in that book those nuns had me reading and the priests were trying to get across to me while celebrating high holy masses.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Dwayne, thanks for posting the video, that guy is a character.

Lots of parallels between megachurch televangelists and the NRA. They start out with a pure mission and intent, but once the leaders realize the amount of money to be had, that becomes the mission.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Alan_C
Holsteins is a con man like Jim and Tammy Fay Baker. Most likely has an air conditioned dog house. A good talker.
Our dog has an air conditioned dog house. we live in it with h
Originally Posted by Futura
He’s right. The guy is a thief. He smiled while talking about the shooting because he’s obviously had a bunch of plastic surgery and his face is full of botox. He’ll never wipe that smarmy grin off his face.

Think about that. Someone paid their hard earned money thinking they were helping do gods work but paid for him to have a permasmile.
hmm. IIRC he is like trump and doesn't take a salary. Millions made on selling self help books. I have thoughts about this both ways. But as long as you aren't living that way from the offering plates I"m good with it.

As I"ve noted and everyone seems to ignore, the members that I know do lots of good all over every year. Thats no where near cheap.

If they are false prophets then they, and they alone, have to deal with God on his terms.

That said I've never found a need to fly first class. It would be nice for the leg room though. I've never felt the need to be a millionaire either. But I still can't fault the money part of it.

Hell we have a guy here on the campfire that despises having to fly with lowlife scum on the airlines in so many words. Unwashed masses I believe was his term.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Speaking of that, what was Billy Grahams net worth?

“It is the blessing of the Lord that maketh rich & He adds no sorrow to it.”
Proverbs 10:22

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Joel Osteen pegs my creep meter and I've learned to trust it over the years. That man is not a man of God.

Until slammed by social media he wouldn't open his church doors to the victims of Hurricane Harvey.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Morewood
Joel Osteen pegs my creep meter and I've learned to trust it over the years. That man is not a man of God.

Until slammed by social media he wouldn't open his church doors to the victims of Hurricane Harvey.

Jeez man, cut him some slack. They'd just had the carpets cleaned.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S

Billy Graham was famous, or notorious, for ingratiating himself with presidents. Nixon was debating whether to invade Cambodia, which would have been an illegal act and would have caused the death of tens of thousands.
Billy Graham went to the White House, and he and Nixon prayed all night. In the morning, Nixon invaded Cambodia.

I guess Jesus told Billy that it would be fine to invade Cambodia.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by simonkenton7

No, I think it was William Westmoreland who gave the OK.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
God ain't broke.

"A Republic, if you can keep it." ~ B. Franklin
IC B3

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
The prosperity gospel is not the gospel of the Holy Bible, not by a long shot. Osteen is fooling millions of people, but he won't and can't fool God.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
F
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by smokepole
Originally Posted by simonkenton7

No, I think it was William Westmoreland who gave the OK.

The way I remember it...Nixon never called any of us E-3s and E-4's, nor did Westy, maybe Nixon called Billy and Billy had the good tactical sense to put a stamp of approval on Operation Breakfast(love them B-52s)...but everyone was awful glad when the decision was made to go into Cambodia and rip up the NVA bases the Peoples Army were operating from...in complete safety because of a line on a map.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Ever caddy for a group of various domination ministers for a round of golf? Lots of three- and four-letter French spoken there.

Last edited by 1minute; 02/13/24.

1Minute
U
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
U
Didn't a plumber find a bunch of cash in the wall of the Osteen church?

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Upperplainsman
Didn't a plumber find a bunch of cash in the wall of the Osteen church?

Yeah but he left it there and just fixed the leaky pipes, that was worth more than the cash.

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I

I'm not sure what his worth was . However, he was about 100 when he died. If he had invested $1000 per year for 80 yrs. and gained 7% , it would have compounded to almost $4,000,000. His family bought land in the foot hills of North Carolina ,and likely during the depression, and possibly bought it for a dollar an ac. Take that 100 ac.? and what is it worth now?? $1,000,000? I bet he was no fool when it came to saving, instead of drinking, smoking, getting drunk driving tickets and divorces..... Not pointing at anyone,, just saying. Some invest , some don't, and when it comes to compound interest, those who understand it, earn it, those who don't ,pay it.

But the fruits of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, Gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. Galations 5: 22&23
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JGRaider
The prosperity gospel is not the gospel of the Holy Bible, not by a long shot. Osteen is fooling millions of people, but he won't and can't fool God.

Positively true, and I hold suspect anyone who isn't offended by such things and people.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Originally Posted by GRF
Dwayne; interesting conversation. I was hoping to do a snappy reply with a linked video but my weak digital skills are showing, I would suggest anyone not familiar with the song do a search for Ray Stevens “would Jesus wear a Rolex” .

I, like you call myself a Christian but consider my self a work in progress. The super rich preachers are for the most part scammers and nasty pieces of work. Remember Oral Roberts “if y’all don’t send me $x million then Jesus is gonna call me home”. That mother fornicator tried to make god into a hostage taking terrorist. If I recall correctly Billy Graham was the only big name TV preacher to avoid scandal.

I’m going to preface the following “my opinion and $5 will buy you a coffee”. I think god does want us to do well and prosper; through the sweat of our backs or our brains and to do so honestly and with respect for our fellow man and the world around us.

Clean money comes from hard often dirty (real dirt not underhanded BS) work.

I’d rather have a coffee or a beer with Buddy Brown than Joel Osteen and my first exposure to both men was the video you imbedded.

You've got to hand it to a blind prostitute
O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Originally Posted by rem shooter
from what i read , Billy Graham at death was worth about 25 million dollors .chump change compared to olsteen . dollor ,or kenneth copeland with about 760 million dollors , just for copeland ..but Graham had way more than most of us will ever have.compared to my granpa in West Virginia ,who as a coal miner in the 40'50's built at his cost a very small church in his back yard and preached to about 10 to 20 people every sunday till he was killed in the coal mines in 1958 . he made no money from it ,he died poor , but it was what he believed in
That was "a real believer", the other are full of CRAP , & can kiss my doubtful ASS !!!!!

"not too grumpy"
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

544 members (10ring1, 007FJ, 10Glocks, 10gaugeman, 160user, 42 invisible), 2,155 guests, and 1,322 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,763
Posts18,495,581
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.