Originally Posted by Troutnut
Holy chit. Shame he couldn't hang on for 8 seconds

LMAO!

KB

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Looks like a hell of a ride. Glad he came out of it OK. Until your the one looking down the barrel don't question what the trigger puller did. Looks like he did what he needed to to. Now the dude that took a ride.... his ass should have known better...

At one with the gun.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
That is nuts.

I have a couple friends I would want to take the shot if they had it.

Last edited by RMiller2; 02/13/24.

It isn't energy that kills, its holes.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Irving_D
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
LOL

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by AB2506
Originally Posted by rcamuglia
Pathetic shooting with a human in the line of fire

Pathetic that you don’t realize that they likely saved the tossee’s life by shooting when they did. That bull would have ground him into jelly.

Remember that the view from the camera is often very different from the shooter’s view.

It is likely that you never had to make a shoot/don’t shoot decision where other people’s lives factored into the decision. I was in a situation where I had to not only worry about the shot, but the physical safety of dozens of citizens. The stress is unreal and I hope to never be in a similar situation again.

Rcamugly runs a spaghetti restaurant.

He can tell you how to stop a meatball that was dropped on the floor and is rolling away uncontrollably. He can also tell you, in very precise terms, how John Burns likes to be pleasured. Beyond that, his opinions are usually wrong.

Originally Posted by shrapnel
I probably hit more elk with a pickup than you have with a rifle.

Originally Posted by JohnBurns
I have yet to see anyone claim Leupold has never had to fix an optic. I know I have sent a few back. 2 MK 6s, a VX-6, and 3 VX-111s.
IC B2

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Guaranteed the rider needed fresh undies after all that unfolded.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Tough situation. I think just last fall we had someone shoot their hunting partner while they were trying to shoot a griz that was attacking. Sucks to be shot but it sucks to be Timothy Treadwell too.

I think I'm in the take the shot if you think you can camp. Maybe with the exception of a few guys that I may rather take my chance with the bear. Those animals could always just be one twitch away from ending someone in an attack. Sometimes only have a split second to make the shot and you miss 100% of the ones you dont take. If its just a missed chance to fill a tag thats on the line always take the time to make the safe call. In these situations its often do or someone dies. Thats a whole new level of pressure. My friends that I know can generally shoot I'd say take the shot. Hard to say because every situation is so different so i just hope they've got the experience and judgement to read the situation. If you get me on accident know I died out doing what I loved and at least left everyone with a he'll of a story.

I read a story once about a kid that accidentally shot his dad while hunting and never could go on after that. So, I told my kids when they first started hunting with me that if there's ever an accident and they hurt me to forgive themselves and know I forgive them and love them and want them to keep doing the shooting and hunting they love and know I'm smiling down on them, or maybe up at them. I hope my hunting friends know the same.

Another situation I worry about is dogs attacking a kid. We had pitbulls running the neighborhood a few years ago so u tried to get my wife to carry a little lcrx38 or my 351pd when walking the dogs with the kids. She said if the dog had a kid she'd be afraid to shoot. So I told her in that situation hold the gun barrel against the dog at the best angle thats pointing as far away from anyone on the other side. She said she didn't even want to think about it. I said it's best to have a plan before you need it and explained how bullets can deflect at pretty hard animals in game but don't generally turn more than 90 degrees in stuff unless it's a full ricochet.

Bb

I
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I
Originally Posted by Morewood
Originally Posted by Irving_D
LOL
That bull has his eye on the dude with the rifle

You've got to hand it to a blind prostitute
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Didn't break it down frame by frame but looking at the stills posted here - dude getting tossed is about 2.5 to 3 feet from where you'd be aiming. You think your shot would be 2.5 FEET off at a range of 10 feet?

Guy's up in the air/on the buff's back - doubt the shooters were thinking "I need to spine this mo'fo".

Me

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
That will wake you up in a hurry...

Never hunted buff, but damn that looked fun.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

IC B3

I
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I

This picture says a lot I can only imagine what's going through his mind. Then take a look at the eye of that buffalo no doubt he's out to kill

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Another situation I worry about is dogs attacking a kid. We had pitbulls running the neighborhood a few years ago…..

I’m a neverdoneit dangerous game guy 100%. But as to emergency situations with an attack in progress I’m pretty sure I could perform and not run. I’ve thought through various scenarios planning my options for assisting anyone under a pit bull, maybe a black bear, maybe just feral dogs, maybe a family member in a beat down. For the 4 legged threats if attacking a downed person I’ve thought a close up pelvis shot would be the first round target PROBABLY. Then shoot it a while longer when/if it turns until safely dead. Anyway that’s the plan for the threats I might face in my geography.

But a 500+ lb bear or something huge like the video shows I see no option but for those armed to take whatever shot their mental readiness tells them is as good as it will get. In any life threatening situation it should be obvious having those around you armed is about as important as being armed yourself.

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by DMc
I would never hunt with that shooter....

EVER

As for the guy getting tossed? Why didn't he have a gun?

I view it just the opposite. Seems he waited for a clear shot, and made a pretty good shot under the circumstances! If it was my butt on the Buf…..I’d give the shooter a hug and a handshake! memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
A lot of our troops came home alive because a buddy took what would normally be a questionable shot. Sometimes you don't have time to think, just act. If I'd been in that position, hopefully I'd have been able to do the same. I've never been there so I can't say what I would have done, only what I hope I would have done.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
I
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I
None of them ran out of the way. They stood their ground and helped their colleague. I would say thats as good of a friend as you could ask for.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Where do we purchase the SA PBR morale patch? The rider should get the obvious SA PBR - 2 second ride tattoo.

Brave tough men.

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Reminds me of Jerry Clower, Knock him out John, Shoot up here amongst us, one of us needs some relief.

I
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I
I wasn't familiar with this, but now I want the rest of the story

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
looking at the captured still photo's my first thought is that it was a good thing the "cowboy" was on top of the bull and not under it...

Laws aren't preventative measures. In other words, more laws won't prevent gun crime from happening.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by wyowinchester
Human life was on the line. Your an idiot.

Pathetic shooting with a human in the line of fire

What were they supposed to do in that situation?

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

609 members (1minute, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 10Glocks, 10gaugeman, 1lessdog, 62 invisible), 2,267 guests, and 1,284 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,695
Posts18,494,170
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.