8 twist I can suffer.

That’s what I was thinking sounds awesome

GB1

D
djb Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
They are pretty gritty actions at first. I coated the bolt with some fine lapping compound and worked the bolt and also stoned the underside of the action rails. This helped a lot. Just be careful to not lap the bolt lugs where you could get a headspace issue.

The truth angers those whom it does not convince
B
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
I picked up my stainless grendel barreled action the other day. Mine didn't have a magazine with it. The others I bought from brownells all had magazines with them.

Also the muzzle threading is different than what my blued one had. I don't know what threading the stainless is but it's not 1/2x28. It's about that diameter but has a coarser thread.

I'll have to call brownells and find out if it was supposed to come with a magazine. I plan to get the bottom metal that's bdl style but I have an mdt lss for it too that needs a magazine.

Did you guys who got the ss barreled actions get mags with yours? Do you know what the thread pitch is? I'm guessing it's a metric threading for the ausdies and kiwis.

Bb

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by Burleyboy

Did you guys who got the ss barreled actions get mags with yours?

It was separate, in the bottom of the box the barreled action came in. If you left the box at the FFL you might want to have them check. Had to ask the FFL to look in the box while I was there when it wasn't with the barreled action.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Yes, you should have one mag.
This is why I like the better FFL's that let the buyer open the box.
I paid for it, I open it.

Some customers in the Brownells reviews are reporting the muzzle thread pitch as 1/2-20.
If so, somebody fooked up.

B L M - Bureau of Land Management
IC B2

K
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
K
My barreled action and mag came all wrapped together.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Last edited by kandpand; 02/24/24.

“Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the forest and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person”
-Fred Bear
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Originally Posted by the444shooter
Originally Posted by Pappy348
Originally Posted by the444shooter
Were those shots exhibiting any sort of pressure signs?

No.

I imagine you could squeeze more velocity out of that load then, if the numbers are disappointing. The accuracy sure isn't!

Howa’s have a rep at pretty tight bore and slow. All mine were slow, have had 3.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I’ve yet to see that PP-2000MR load listed in an article or review, only the Speer online data, so have no basis for comparison. I think I have enough 100gr TTSXs to work up something a little snappier, or maybe I’ll try those 129gr ABLRs I have on the shelf. The Nosler data suggests they can be pushed as fast as the Speers are actually going.

No rush, it ain’t even March…….

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by Direct_Drive
Yes, you should have one mag.
This is why I like the better FFL's that let the buyer open the box.
I paid for it, I open it.

Some customers in the Brownells reviews are reporting the muzzle thread pitch as 1/2-20.
If so, somebody fooked up.

All mine have come with 1 magazine. Where are you seeing 1/2-20 referenced? I know there was some incorrect labeling of 5/8x24 on sporter weights (actually 1/2x28, even on .30cal) but I didn’t see anything 1/2x20.

Side note, I’m fighting that thread pattern on a Voere .223 that I got, and trying to figure out if I should just get an adapter, or have it chopped and threaded.

Edit: I see the reviews you're referring to. That's very interesting.

Last edited by the444shooter; 02/25/24.

God Bless and Shoot Straight
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My stainless isn’t 1/2-28….definitely a coarser thread.

IC B3

B
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by kandpand
My barreled action and mag came all wrapped together.

Mine came wrapped like that but no mag under the plastic and no mag in the box it shipped in. I tooke a picture of it still plastic wrapped to the cardboard with no mag. The ffl is a friend who I've used several times before with no problems. He double checked everywhere and swears he never saw a mag with it. I watched him cut open the bottom of the box it came in and romove some shipping pepper stuck in the bottom. I was not there when he opened the top of the box to log it in but I watched him do a thorough sweep of the area where he does that.

I picked up a sig cross package from him the same day that had a 3-14 box scope and kilo 3k rangefinder and a mag and batteries and rings and all of that was there. I can't image that of all things he'd take a plastic mini mag. I guess I better call Brownells tomorrow.

I'm not real pleased with the threading issue either. My little kids wanted to be able to put a brake on their minis. That's why I sold my original ones and went for new ones. I have several 1/2-28 brakes that I thought I could use but nothing that fits this. The 20" lighter barrel does balance pretty nice but it'll still be good at 19" if I have it rethreaded. I was just hoping not to have to pay to have it cut and rethreaded. I could have done that to my original blued one I just sold that was a great shooter. Grass is always greener. I'll get it right eventually. I'm on a mission now and am still really happy to just see a stainless barrel on one.

Bb

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I looked last night, adapter from 20 to 28 is only like 25 bucks…just need to confirm that’s what it is…

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
So these are kryloned or really ss?

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by Biathlonman
I looked last night, adapter from 20 to 28 is only like 25 bucks…just need to confirm that’s what it is…

I just got a call out of the blue from Brownells. They said it was listed as 1/2x28 incorrectly. Should have been listed as 1/2x20. Offered a prepaid return label if it doesn't fit my needs. It's fine with me and I'm not returning it. I didn't ask about options for a different thread to see if any were available.

At any rate, some of you may get a call.

H
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
H
Why the change from the 1/2-28 standard, what is Howa thinking these days?

(actually it looks like 1/2-20 is the standard in Australia and NZ, so really these are made for those markets and imported here now)

Last edited by HokeyPokeyKid; 02/27/24. Reason: more info
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC
Originally Posted by Biathlonman

I just got a call out of the blue from Brownells. They said it was listed as 1/2x28 incorrectly. Should have been listed as 1/2x20. Offered a prepaid return label if it doesn't fit my needs. It's fine with me and I'm not returning it. I didn't ask about options for a different thread to see if any were available.

At any rate, some of you may get a call.

Just did. Told the nice lady no thanks.

While I’m up….

https://hughesprecision.com/product...2-28tpi-od-thd-adapter-thread-converter/

What fresh Hell is this?
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by HokeyPokeyKid

(actually it looks like 1/2-20 is the standard in Australia and NZ, so really these are made for those markets and imported here now)

Yep!

I'd have preferred 1/2-28, but I'm still happy they brought stainless to us.

K
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
K

Yep!

Me too. I hope they bring other chamberings in stainless. .223, 6ARC ?

“Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the forest and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person”
-Fred Bear
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

Yep!

Hope a 22 ARC is coming.

Semper Fi
P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
Originally Posted by beretzs

Yep!

Hope a 22 ARC is coming.

When I emailed Brownell's asking about a .233 stainless they said "they have no plans at this time for a .233" , but you really never know .... Joe

Doing the right thing is not always the easiest thing. It still needs doing..
Page 9 of 12 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

574 members (007FJ, 12344mag, 1badf350, 163bc, 1minute, 06hunter59, 60 invisible), 2,654 guests, and 1,333 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,597
Posts18,473,504
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.