Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Don’t really have an opinion either way but around here the “truckers” aren’t the usual overweight, big beer bellied, lot lizard hunting white guys that we’ve grown accustomed to avoiding. Almost all the truckers are ragheads and towel-headed Indians with flip flops and no clue as to safe driving or safe following distance practices. Their truck stops are owned by other towel-heads and I wouldn’t set my ass on anything they called a toilet nor would I eat anything their dirty paws cooked. If I’ve been forced to stop for gas it’s usually best to pay at the pump because the smell of turmeric and body odor is overwhelming.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
GB1

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Teal
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
Originally Posted by djb
People seem to get a excited over these mega gas stations. Wawa, Sheets, etc. ..Wawa does make a good sandwich but I never saw the fascination. Well, we were visiting friends in Houston and drove out to the Hill Country. We stopped at Buc-ee's. I have to admit it was a cool store. Warm candied pecans, jerky everywhere, hunting supplies, and a pretty darn good brisket sandwich. Very clean bathrooms. Impressive and blows the other truck stops away IMHO. Texans got a good thing going there.

F Buc-ee's.

And they are NOT a truck stop!

Despite their size, they are adamant that trucks are NOT welcome.
F' you truckers if you gotta poop, want a coffee, or are hungry.
(It's OK for a truck to deliver fuel, food, soda, beer, snacks....)

Never been to one,
as much as I'd like to I wouldn't give them my money.

Dillonbuck, AKA "Sawdust" (A former longhaul driver that appreciated a bathroom and coffee)

And kudos to them for not allowing trucks/truckers. There are plenty of other truck stops around for them.

Except there aren't. 1 parking spot for every 11 trucks in this country.

That's not Bucees' problem.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by djb
People seem to get a excited over these mega gas stations. Wawa, Sheets, etc. ..Wawa does make a good sandwich but I never saw the fascination. Well, we were visiting friends in Houston and drove out to the Hill Country. We stopped at Buc-ee's. I have to admit it was a cool store. Warm candied pecans, jerky everywhere, hunting supplies, and a pretty darn good brisket sandwich. Very clean bathrooms. Impressive and blows the other truck stops away IMHO. Texans got a good thing going there.

F Buc-ee's.

Never been to one,

Dillonbuck, AKA "Sawdust" (A former longhaul driver that appreciated a bathroom and coffee)

And kudos to them for not allowing trucks/truckers. There are plenty of other truck stops around for them.

Didn't say it was but you claim there "plenty of other truck stops around for them" which isn't a Buc-ees' thing either yet it's wrong. It's demonstrably false that there's enough truck stops/truck parking for truckers.

Dillon's point was they're rather hypocritical. Trucks and drivers are good enough to keep their business going but not good enough to be customers.

Regardless - they all suck compared to a Kwik Trip.

Me

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I love Buc-ee's. Where else can you gas up, grunt one out in a clean restroom and buy a dolphin snow globe and a brisket sandwich in less than 5 minutes.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Never heard of them

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
IC B2

D
djb Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
I didn't realize it was a no trucker zone, and yes there were deer feeders/corn next to the grills in the entrance. My only previous experience was seeing the goofy logo on a T shirt. Really, don't know much except it was a nice clean place. It was a big store not far from San Marcos.

The truth angers those whom it does not convince
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
An old boss used to say they are not a gas station, but a store with a gas pump at your parking spot!

Have one of the biggest ones just over a mile from my house in Katy. I go in there maybe once a month, but probably less. I do stop at the one in Bastrop frequently on our way to/from our retirement place as its about midway and not as busy or ridiculous to get in and out of as some of the other large ones.

As far as trucks not being allowed… they can fill the lots/pumps with cars and pickups, why allow trucks that take up several times the space? Also, how many families will stop at a truck stop? My dad is a retired long haul trucker, so I do understand (& hear about it from him frequently).

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
I've been in 3 or 4 different ones.

The gas is cheap, the bathrooms are clean and the coke is cold.

One of the most American things I've ever witnessed.

RL Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by djb

F Buc-ee's.

Never been to one,

Didn't say it was but you claim there "plenty of other truck stops around for them" which isn't a Buc-ees' thing either yet it's wrong. It's demonstrably false that there's enough truck stops/truck parking for truckers.

Dillon's point was they're rather hypocritical. Trucks and drivers are good enough to keep their business going but not good enough to be customers.

Prayers sent...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The next time you go in one, notice that the merchandise is not sold at Walmart.

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

IC B3

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by djb

F Buc-ee's.

Never been to one,

This is for certain. Kwik Trip is the class of the c-store industry by far.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
The way I understand it, it's supposed to be
a "clean " " family" place where the kids can
cajole mom and dad into spending a bunch
of cash in the store.
That's probably why they don't want the wandering
bj sales girls in cutoffs roaming everywhere,
then washing the fluids off in the bathroom sink.
Only stopped at one twice at the behest of my
young relative that was riding with me.
The food we got was ok, a bit pricey to me.
Gasoline was reasonable.

To me it's what Bass Amateur Shop would be
if they sold gas and fast food

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
I love Buc-ee's. Where else can you gas up, grunt one out in a clean restroom and buy a dolphin snow globe and a brisket sandwich in less than 5 minutes.
Someone's been eating their fiber. And not looking at their phone on the throne.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

Ain't no way! You can hardly make it from the pumps to the bathroom in the ones around here in less than five minutes, unless you're moving at a very fast walk or slow jog. And God help you if you've got one dentin' your drawers when you pull in. Forget the gas for now, park close to a door and pray your puckerin' string holds out. But, when you do get there, the bathrooms are very clean.

The two Buc-EE's closest to me have at least 120 pumps, each.

Last edited by Skeezix; 02/19/24. Reason: Typo

Bring enough gun and know how to use it.

Know that it is not the knowing, nor the talking, nor the reading man, but the doing man, that at last will be found the happiest man. - Thomas Brooks (1608-1680)
A
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
A
They broke ground on one at Mount Crawford, VA, right outside of Harrisonburg a few weeks ago. About 20 miles from me.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by efw
I’m a Kum & Go guy myself
Soon to be a Maverik man.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Heard about the Buc-ees 'rage' ...... they have one on I75 somewhere near Macon, IIRC.....

Stopped once, that was the last time too, I don't get it, 200+ gas pumps is not a plus IMHO....

I got cussed out on the way to the mens room!?!?!?

The sodas were cheap, the rest not so much, as I recall.

YMMV

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
[bleep] Buccees!

I used to always stop at a Buccees......

On my move to Texas, after stopping and filling up my pick-up with Diesel and getting some snacks, I was so tired I was afraid of falling asleep at the wheel. Drove to a far corner (had my trailer attached) and leaned my seat back for a quick nap to take the edge off.

In no time at all, I felt this light sensation on my face. I sat up to find a Police cruiser parked next to me with overheads on, and the officer told me that management of Buccees had called them on me. No sleeping allowed in their parking lots! They wanted me removed immediately.

Guess it's better that a customer should wreck his vehicle and die than to grab a quick nap in a corner of their barren parking lot at 2:00 am!

Frog----OUT!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
I looked the last time I was at the Denton location for the tee shirt that has the be logo and says; everybody loves the beaver.😆

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Buc cees is awesome

Dont be a 79 year old gkunt that never leaves the recliner

Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

544 members (12344mag, 10gaugeman, 1beaver_shooter, 222Sako, 17CalFan, 222ND, 50 invisible), 2,585 guests, and 1,242 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,584
Posts18,473,375
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.