Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by frogman43
[bleep] Buccees!

I used to always stop at a Buccees......

On my move to Texas, after stopping and filling up my pick-up with Diesel and getting some snacks, I was so tired I was afraid of falling asleep at the wheel. Drove to a far corner (had my trailer attached) and leaned my seat back for a quick nap to take the edge off.

In no time at all, I felt this light sensation on my face. I sat up to find a Police cruiser parked next to me with overheads on, and the officer told me that management of Buccees had called them on me. No sleeping allowed in their parking lots! They wanted me removed immediately.

Guess it's better that a customer should wreck his vehicle and die than to grab a quick nap in a corner of their barren parking lot at 2:00 am!

Frog----OUT!
Yeah, that would piss me off some too frog

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Muffin
I got cussed out on the way to the mens room!?!?!?

That's quite the accomplishment. I have never managed that.

E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
They got a beer cave?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
They sell beer, have good sandwiches, usually cheap gas and clean bathrooms.

Other than that, they’re kinda a PITA. It’s about like dealing with crowds at Walmart

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by MadMooner

Other than that, they’re kinda a PITA. It’s about like dealing with crowds at Walmart
Do they get any busloads of rude Oriental tourists in there, clogging up the tater chip aisle and such?

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
Florida is gonna be over run with the damn things

Sam......

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
they've built one fairly local to us ( about a 50 minute drive)
but I'm much closer to that quite often but have yet to stop in I might out of convenience but I'm not going out of my way just to go see this mega establishment.

TA truck stops is built a new one which is their headquarters (I think) much closer to us and it's supposed to be the largest truck stop in the country or North America or some [bleep] covers like 72 acres 74 acres or something like that located Mount Vernon Missouri which I am in a lot and I have yet to pull in there

Last edited by ldholton; 02/19/24.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Valsdad

Do they get any busloads of rude Oriental tourists in there, clogging up the tater chip aisle and such?

Lol. Maybe!
More of your standard mouth breather type that stand in the middle of the aisles while looking all around at the multitude of beetus accelerants.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
We have one in the city limits here in Denton. First one I have seen that wasn't originally built outside of the congestion. It is like everyone has described with the clean bathrooms and all. I enjoy stopping by them when we travel.

Only issue I have with their bathrooms is that most of the Buc-ees are so big that I feel the need to go back to the bathroom by the time I make it back to the truck. Dammit.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Buccees is a freak show. Perfect setting for a Tarantino movie or sociology thesis. More inedible stuff than an Indonesian market. An air of madness. Good brisket, yes. Gas same price across the street with no lines at the pumps. Why am I here then? Americans are telling us something....

IC B3

T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
Y'all must go to the gold plated fill up stations.

Classic 24hcf thread.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I’d rather hit a QT.

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Been in the Lake Jackson store many times, did a job there years ago. They have really big stores now. They have people cleaning all the time.

Last edited by hanco; 02/19/24.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Valsdad

Lol. Maybe!
More of your standard mouth breather type that stand in the middle of the aisles while looking all around at the multitude of beetus accelerants.
I know the type.

"Lemme see, do I go with the old standby Hostess Ding Dongs or try some of them Little Debbies?"

In it is contentment

M
MLC Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Broke ground on one here in Mississippi on I10 west last year between Long Beach and Pass Christian

Any politician who thinks they can fight the evil that has consumed the government is delusional or lying. There is no political solution.

"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life."
Winston Church
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Looks like they'll be opening up a 74k sq. ft. one here in AZ, just 2 miles down I-10 from the house.

Never heard of them before the "Californians move to Texas" Buc-ees video, but will certainly check in there when they open. Gotta be better than the current gas stop Circle K down the road.

Guns are responsible for killing as much as Rosie O'Donnel's fork is responsible for her being FAT.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Whttail_in_MT
Originally Posted by efw
I’m a Kum & Go guy myself
Soon to be a Maverik man.

Maverik is an improvement to Kum N Go

Originally Posted by ldholton
they've built one fairly local to us ( about a 50 minute drive)
but I'm much closer to that quite often but have yet to stop in I might out of convenience but I'm not going out of my way just to go see this mega establishment.

TA truck stops is built a new one which is their headquarters (I think) much closer to us and it's supposed to be the largest truck stop in the country or North America or some [bleep] covers like 72 acres 74 acres or something like that located Mount Vernon Missouri which I am in a lot and I have yet to pull in there

The way I understand it, that TA and several other gas stations around there (the one on edge of MTV as headed to Miller, some up in Greenfield, and more) are all owned by that huge Wilmoth Ranch outfit northeast of Mt Vernon. The new one has some pretty good food, including the smoked bologna sandwich.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I will have to wait until next year to check one out.
Supposed to build a new one near Goodyear AZ!
Link

Last edited by DavePrice; 02/19/24.
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
I drive I-10 frequently and have stopped at many different Buccees in the past 10 years or so. If you can't get in out of one without needing to piss again then you are the problem.

A true friend is someone who reaches for your
hand but touches your heart !!!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
None out here, but we do have a bunch of Maverik places. Food cooked on the premises, when you order or in display cases for grab and go. Good, too. Usually the lowest gas nearby. Special lengthened pump lanes for RVs and boats, which is a very nice touch. And clean restrooms.

A lot of service places (like Pilot or Flying J) cater mostly to big rigs, which is fine. Other folks are just a bit "underserved" in that truckers get priority for everything. Again, that's fine - you guys are on schedules. But I will say that truck stops tend to be dirty, run down, and often smelly. Can't say if it's the staff or the clientele, but it's true. I don't loiter at them, and I try not to eat there.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

526 members (12344mag, 10Glocks, 007FJ, 06hunter59, 1234, 01Foreman400, 58 invisible), 2,387 guests, and 1,217 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,412
Posts18,489,030
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.