GB1

T
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Stophel
Can't never be as good as Stuckey's was. wink
How big was Stucky’s Jerky Bar? It must have been pretty small. But the Pecan Log was ok I guess.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

3-7-77
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I don't know about all the Buc-ee's, but the one I stop at off of I-75 in N. Texas sells dried venison, it's next to the jerky section.

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

E
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by earlybrd
They got a beer cave?

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by Cheesy
Originally Posted by Whttail_in_MT
Originally Posted by efw
I’m a Kum & Go guy myself
Soon to be a Maverik man.

Maverik is an improvement to Kum N Go

Originally Posted by ldholton
they've built one fairly local to us ( about a 50 minute drive)
but I'm much closer to that quite often but have yet to stop in I might out of convenience but I'm not going out of my way just to go see this mega establishment.

TA truck stops is built a new one which is their headquarters (I think) much closer to us and it's supposed to be the largest truck stop in the country or North America or some [bleep] covers like 72 acres 74 acres or something like that located Mount Vernon Missouri which I am in a lot and I have yet to pull in there

The way I understand it, that TA and several other gas stations around there (the one on edge of MTV as headed to Miller, some up in Greenfield, and more) are all owned by that huge Wilmoth Ranch outfit northeast of Mt Vernon. The new one has some pretty good food, including the smoked bologna sandwich.
ta has several truck stops across the Nation I do not think wilmoth owns all of them but they own the one at Mount Vernon and the one that Strafford for sure. they own lots of other stuff across the country but that's all I know for sure and most of their farm stuff as I've done quite a bit of work for them on farm stuff.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
LD-that’s what I was meaning. They own a lot of the local stuff.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by 1minute
What? Texas and no feeder corn for sale?
You should try it once.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Yeah you gotta luv a Kum and Go. I believe that chain started in Wyoming.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
They're putting one In across from where I work in Virginia. I've been in a few , should be interesting

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by AlleghenyMountain
They broke ground on one at Mount Crawford, VA, right outside of Harrisonburg a few weeks ago. About 20 miles from me.
Yep right across from where I work. Moving a lot of dirt now.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc][Linked Image from i.postimg.cc][Linked Image from i.postimg.cc][Linked Image from i.postimg.cc][Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
They opened one up just South of Macon and my wife was excited. It's about an hour away so we had a date night and drove over. Someone said they had to wait for a gas pump? They have like 140 pumps, I'd find that hard to believe. The brisket was ok, the bathrooms are clean and the snacks are a bit expensive but over all pretty neat. We stoped at one on I-10 in Texas last month coming back from our Javelina and crane hunt. They all look about the same.

Last edited by 348winchester; 02/19/24.

A bowhunter at heart but a gun guy at soul. I'll take craftsmanship, wood and blue steel over plastic and composite any day.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Teal
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Originally Posted by Teal
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
Originally Posted by djb
People seem to get a excited over these mega gas stations. Wawa, Sheets, etc. ..Wawa does make a good sandwich but I never saw the fascination. Well, we were visiting friends in Houston and drove out to the Hill Country. We stopped at Buc-ee's. I have to admit it was a cool store. Warm candied pecans, jerky everywhere, hunting supplies, and a pretty darn good brisket sandwich. Very clean bathrooms. Impressive and blows the other truck stops away IMHO. Texans got a good thing going there.

F Buc-ee's.

And they are NOT a truck stop!

Despite their size, they are adamant that trucks are NOT welcome.
F' you truckers if you gotta poop, want a coffee, or are hungry.
(It's OK for a truck to deliver fuel, food, soda, beer, snacks....)

Never been to one,
as much as I'd like to I wouldn't give them my money.

Dillonbuck, AKA "Sawdust" (A former longhaul driver that appreciated a bathroom and coffee)

And kudos to them for not allowing trucks/truckers. There are plenty of other truck stops around for them.

Except there aren't. 1 parking spot for every 11 trucks in this country.

That's not Bucees' problem.

Didn't say it was but you claim there "plenty of other truck stops around for them" which isn't a Buc-ees' thing either yet it's wrong. It's demonstrably false that there's enough truck stops/truck parking for truckers.

Dillon's point was they're rather hypocritical. Trucks and drivers are good enough to keep their business going but not good enough to be customers.

Regardless - they all suck compared to a Kwik Trip.

Maybe not in your neck of the woods, but there's a Pilot, Flying J, Petro, or Love's every 5 miles of highway down here. My dad owned a couple of unbranded truck stops when I was a young teenager and had to work there a few years. Where you have truckers you have drugs, whores, and misc BS to put up with. You can have it.

We have Kwik Trip too. They are a flea on a pig's asss compared to Bucees.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
F the truckers?

Damn....that's dumb.

Like aggressively dumb.

I am MAGA.
A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by 348winchester
They opened one up just South of Macon and my wife was excited. It's about an hour away so we had a date night and drove over. Someone said they had to wait for a gas pump? They have like 140 pumps, I'd find that hard to believe. The brisket was ok, the bathrooms are clean and the snacks are a bit expensive but over all pretty neat. We stoped at one on I-10 in Texas last month coming back from our Javelina and crane hunt. They all look about the same.
That sounds like a redneck Super Dollar General with a gas pump at each parking spot.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Gotta suck to be those homeowners.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
I bet the not a truck stop angle helps welcome them into communities better. All the neighbors would be bitching at the planning stage if it was a truck stop.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I only go to the one in Kentucky when I'm near, because they always have the cheapest gas. They also have the cleanest toilets. If I want a sandwich I run in as fast as I can and get out. It's usually a madhouse. If the gas wasn't the cheapest, I'd never go to a Buc-ees.

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
One in fort Worth off i35 and 114 and Denton i35 clean bathrooms, a lot of trickets for the tourists,s don't go there on Friday nights thru Sunday it's a mad house with all the cars driving all over the place. When they have races at the Texas motor speed way in fort Worth coming up i35 north to 114you can't go west on 114 for all the traffic.its blocked off. I just go to the one in Denton right now. Not too bad early in the morning busy around lunch

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Town Pump for the win

It’s been a long time, but I always stopped at the big Iowa 80 truck stop when I was driving across the country.

MAGA
B
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by TBREW401
Worlds most expensive bathroom break

and the longest

The fountain drink wall has everything and also the jerky
I think its something to see but if I lived near one I doubt it would be my daily stop too much going on

Hank

Thank You Lord for another day,Help my Brother along the way

When you mature,you realize hospitals and schools are businesses,and the Beatles were geniuses

Live Like A Champion Today

NRA EndowmentLife Member,My Daughter is also a Life Member
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

570 members (1beaver_shooter, 1_deuce, 10Glocks, 163bc, 12344mag, 10gaugeman, 65 invisible), 2,151 guests, and 1,092 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,564
Posts18,531,718
Members74,039
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.