Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
I have shaved my head since I got out of boot camp in 2013. With exception of our wedding I’ve never had more than 3-5 days of hair on top of head. Beats dealing with barber shops around here which are mostly overweight women staffing great cuts type places

GB1

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Yes, although mother nature has taken care of a lot of it. Buzz it off to the same length (short) and done. I wear a hat anytime I'm outside anyway.

"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined.”

Patrick Henry
N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Buzz my hair every 2 weeks. Been doing so for close to 15 years.

It's good to lead - it's better to lead by example.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I used to but then I married a hair dresser. She does a LOT better job than I can. I'm 75 and still have plenty of hair but I also have a hinky shoulder. I don't think I could move my arm far enough to do it now.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Growing up in a small town,

There was 1 barber.

An older fellow.

Cut hair one way… high and tight.

You could say “Mr Charles , could you do this and that?”

“Sure thing… “ buzzzzz. High and tight. 😂😂

Now i cut mine wil clippers.

Guard in the winter. No guard in the summer.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

IC B2

R
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
R
I have a full luxurious head of hair. Wifey cuts it with dog clippers, sometimes I do it myself. She likes any excuse to get her hands on me. I try to get her to do it naked and sometimes it’s a pretty good show. More wrinkled than it used to be but if i don't have my cheaters on it doesn’t look much different than the day we got married.

I just asked her how long it’s been since somebody else cut my hair. She said 20-25 years and I know she is always right, so there is that.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I've done it in the past, even before Covid. During Covid I did it for about 2 years. I put a #8 guard on my clippers and cut everything the same length. I'd get my wife to touch up my neckline and around the ears.

Sometimes it turned out OK, other times it looked like I'd given myself a haircut. Lately I've been going to a shop and paying someone else to do the same thing.

Most people don't really want the truth.

They just want constant reassurance that what they believe is the truth.
Z
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Z
Originally Posted by BigDave39355
Growing up in a small town,

There was 1 barber.

An older fellow.

Cut hair one way… high and tight.

You could say “Mr Charles , could you do this and that?”

“Sure thing… “ buzzzzz. High and tight. 😂😂

Now i cut mine wil clippers.

Guard in the winter. No guard in the summer.

We have one barber here in town, and he's like that too. He does, and has always done one cut on every head to ever sit in his chair 🤣 The guy is about 85 years old now, but still open 6 days a week.

He does one hell of a straight razor shave, though. I've had him do those for me before a couple of weddings over the years.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
for about 40 years now, I have kept a bald head. Do it myself with a small electric clipper. Really just tidying up what nature had already started.

Sam......

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
For most of my life I wore my hair medium length, parted, very conventional. When I retired I had my barber cut it short, basically a buzz. When he retired I bought my own electric cutter, buzz my head about once a week. I don't feel right, clean, if it grows much. Same with shaving. If I don't shave daily or at least every other day, I don't feel clean. When I was in my 30s, a long time ago, I wore my hair a bit longer, and for about a year and half had a beard, back when beards weren't fashionable, considered nonconforming. I always kept it groomed, and shaved around the edges and my neck. My wife of almost 50 years doesn't like beards, and I see no reason to advertise my geezerhood with a grey beard. It's pretty obvious anyhow.

Stupidity has its way, while its cousin, evil, runs rampant.
IC B3

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I will turn 68 next month and have never sat in a barber’s chair. Mom cut it as a boy and my wife has cut it for the last 48 years. Needless to say, there isn’t as much to cut as there was when we first got married.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Guess I’m an outlier here. It would be a cold day in hell before I’d cut my own hair. I can’t even trim my own beard without making a disaster of it. Going to the barber this afternoon, in fact (real barber, not a women’s hairdresser.)

Mathew 22: 37-39

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I haven't paid for a haircut in 25 years. New clippers every other year and cut it every 3 weeks. I don't have enough hair to worry about anyway.

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Before I retired, I needed to have a decent cut. Oh, how tired I got of going into the barber, saying, "take an inch off", and I'd watch as they cut a half inch off. If I ask them to cut 3/4" off, they'd cut a 1/4" off. When I retired I bought a Wahl's clippers, put the one inch comb on....do it 2/3 times a year, and scissor trim around the ears a couple times between the clipper trim and I'm good to go. I cut it when it gets too long, and, DON'T GIVE A $HIT HOW GOOD/BAD IT LOOKS.

U.S. government was established to represent citizens, NOT TO RULE OVER THEM.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I used to and think I will start again. The haircuts I have been paying for lately are not very good.

It isn't energy that kills, its holes.
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
I cut mine...basic buzz cut. I dont have a lot of hair to bother with. I don't wanna pay somebody $20 to cut 20 hairs...

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by ReedsRebel
I have a full luxurious head of hair. Wifey cuts it with dog clippers, sometimes I do it myself. She likes any excuse to get her hands on me. I try to get her to do it naked and sometimes it’s a pretty good show. More wrinkled than it used to be but if i don't have my cheaters on it doesn’t look much different than the day we got married.

I just asked her how long it’s been since somebody else cut my hair. She said 20-25 years and I know she is always right, so there is that.

Did you just self describe your hair as full and luxurious?

Yep. You did.

I am MAGA.
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
I cut mine. Over the last 12 years of doing so probably added up to a nice rifle by now.

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
A handful of times when I lived in Kazakhstan.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Calvin
I cut mine. Over the last 12 years of doing so probably added up to a nice rifle by now.

Yeah, me too. Women are always ogling my body, they're not looking at my hair anyway.

And when I tell someone that I cut my own hair, I always make sure to thank them for not saying "yes, I can tell," or, "don't worry, it'll grow out."

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

275 members (160user, 163bc, 257_X_50, 10gaugemag, 2500HD, 69sportfury, 23 invisible), 1,898 guests, and 1,007 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,625
Posts18,474,117
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.