Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I had a fellow say ‘I’ll take it’ , then tell me a few days later he first had to sell a couple of guns. That deal never materialized!

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
From reading the PM's, it doesn't sound like he ever committed to buying it. He just wanted to know if you would take a certain amount. Then he could make up his mind. I don't think that is strange at all.

A 380 in my pocket is better than a 45 in my truck!

Violence may not be the best option... but it's still an option.

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet." General James Mad Dog Mattis
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Side note.

It's the WTB ads that piss me off.

Have a WTB ad, potential seller says he has what you, PMs are swapped with a price and I will take said item. Some other asshat PMs the seller because he saw seller had what I want in open forum on my WTB ad then seller backs out on me and sells to other guy. Have several on ignore because they backed out on me or they used my WTB ad to get gain. One of them has a decent rifle for sale right now that I would love to have but no way.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I don't see how that could have been considered a firm offer. He wrote that if you sold it before he decided it would not be an issue.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools & fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubt" Bertrand Russell

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The "buyer" in question never posted on the thread "I'll take it", it's all BS until he does......he was lookin & tire kickin, if he was serious a request for you payment info would have been discussed immediately.

I've had more problems with guy's posting "they'll take it", and have even paid for the item......then realize it's left handed, and was stated so with pictures multiple times including the title smile

IC B2

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Bwana_1
The "buyer" in question never posted on the thread "I'll take it", it's all BS until he does......he was lookin & tire kickin, if he was serious a request for you payment info would have been discussed immediately.

I've had more problems with guy's posting "they'll take it", and have even paid for the item......then realize it's left handed, and was stated so with pictures multiple times including the title smile
He offered the payment options to the buyer. I don't think your reading comprehension is very good, Brother.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
At least you didn't have a tire kicker threaten you.

Person local to me put up a Pistol on another site at a below going rate price to get rid of it quickly. A potential buyer posted publicly "interested in buying but need to check a few things and I'll get back to you" I posted immediately after "I'll take it now" publicly and in a PM to seller. Seller posts sold to me. Tire kicker sees messages little while later and goes apechit physically threatening harm to me and the seller that he was first in line and had first right of refusal and some other bullschit. I told him to meet me at the gun store at the agreed upon time with the Seller and we'd hash it out. Never showed and Site Owner banned the longtime member.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Poor form, but that’s about all I’d take from it.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors

He offered the payment options to the buyer. I don't think your reading comprehension is very good, Brother.

My comprehension is fine thank you, the buyer never made his move and paid. When I want an item, I post I'll take it and pay immediately..... I buy and sell on 15 sites or so.

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors

My comprehension is fine thank you, the buyer never made his move and paid. When I want an item, I post I'll take it and pay immediately..... I buy and sell on 15 sites or so.
Why bring up the concern over payment options being discussed?They obviously were. Practice reading, brother. Stop asking how high when ribka says jump, and you’ll have more time to practice reading.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
IC B3

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
They wanted to think it over and were fine if you sold during that time.

I see a tentative offer. Not a commitment.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
T
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by ironbender
They wanted to think it over and were fine if you sold during that time.

I see a tentative offer. Not a commitment.

Same way I read it. No offense to the OP / seller, just a neutral third party observation.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
No offence taken. I just have never offered someone a price then not purchased said item when the price was met. It was not a 'What's your best price?' type of PM. It was 'Will you take $X for your item?' I agreed. Maybe it shocked him that I accepted the offer?

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
I'd put that guy on ignore.

If you ask me to accept an offer and I do, we have a deal.

I could care less what other irons a buyer has in the fire and him putting this out there means he is trying to use your goodwill in his favor.

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.
W
WMR Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by Higginez
I'd put that guy on ignore.

If you ask me to accept an offer and I do, we have a deal.

I could care less what other irons a buyer has in the fire and him putting this out there means he is trying to use your goodwill in his favor.

Agreed. Any other interpretation is just being obtuse.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag
I see an offer made for $XXX, nothing more. Definitely not a commitment to purchase.

I have made offers when I wasn't 100% but generally word it like, If I were to commit would you take $XXX???

No different than dealing at a gun shop and asking if they would take $XXX. Doesn't mean you will take for sure.

I agree. A simple, "hey would you consider selling it for this much", isn't an offer and commitment to buy. It's just asking a question as to whether a seller would consider selling at that price or not. Kind of like asking how low will they go on their price. I do that all the time at gunshops. Now, if I said, I'll give you this amount, if you wan to sell it at that price. Then you enter a deal that you should not back out of. It's like you are committing to buy at that price/point.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Stickfight
I think if that bothers you, the internet is not a good place for you to sell things.
^^

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
This is a waste of time.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

575 members (160user, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 1234, 10gaugeman, 01Foreman400, 51 invisible), 2,409 guests, and 1,231 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,520
Posts18,472,548
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.