Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Teal Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Shout out to this guy - one shot, done. In a world of "LEO fired 72 rounds, striking the suspect 3 times..." - he was efficient.

Me

GB1

N
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
N
No Acorns were involved in the making of this video...

“Factio democratica delenda est"
J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Confused
Campfire Outfitter
J
I would say that was just instinctive shooting. I would be shocked if he ever saw his front sight. (Probably a lot of luck too)

The issue with couch riders is they don't know what they don't know. First let's state some facts. Yes a majority of police officers are terrible shots, just like a majority of everyone else. Yes a fraction of police training is involving firearms. Police need to know how to investigate a myriad of crimes all of which happen more than shooting someone, therefore training is skewed. Should police take the initiative to train on their own? Yes. Some do. Most don't. Do you spend time and money practicing for your job in your free time? I didn't think so.

Now onto more facts. Most officer involved shootings take place with handguns. Handguns cartridges, no matter the headstamp, poke holes. They don't have the velocity to create terminal wounding like rifle rounds. So even if you hit someone, unless it's a cns hit, you'll probably need to keep shooting them, as incapacitating takes time (loss of oxygenated blood from body, sucking chest wound, etc).

Now let the couch riders start b itchin

Last edited by Jackson_Handy; 02/20/24.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Jackson is there any handgun at all that is more effective? You sound like an expert so please let me know.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy
I would say that was just instinctive shooting. I would be shocked if he ever saw his front sight.

It looked like a distance of about 7 or 8 yards.

I'm sure you are right about it being an instinct shot, but some do practice and train for that. From the way he handled the pistol, it seems like he was pretty proficient.

Can't fault it in any way.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
IC B2

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy
Now onto more facts. .... Handguns cartridges,....... don't have the velocity to create terminal wounding

lol

Originally Posted by Archerhunter

Quit giving in inch by inch then looking back to lament the mile behind ya and wonder how to preserve those few feet left in front of ya. They'll never stop until they're stopped. That's a fact.
Campfire Tracker
Online Shocked
Campfire Tracker
Some cops just like the general public are better shots than others. My best friends son is a deputy with the local sherrif's department and just made Corporal at 25. I hope he never has to use it but he's a heck of a shot with a handgun. He qualifies twice a year shooting top or near the top and shoots on his one once or twice a week. Other cops I've seen needed multiple rounds to finish off a deer hit by a vehicle on the side of the road. Either way nice shooting in the video

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
I wonder what was edited out of the video. He starts on the right side of the vehicle and is startled and then he is on the left side of the vehicle where he retreats and shoots.

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Great shot!

Teal Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Troutnut
Some cops just like the general public are better shots than others. My best friends son is a deputy with the local sherrif's department and just made Corporal at 25. I hope he never has to use it but he's a heck of a shot with a handgun. He qualifies twice a year shooting top or near the top and shoots on his one once or twice a week. Other cops I've seen needed multiple rounds to finish off a deer hit by a vehicle on the side of the road. Either way nice shooting in the video

I've only known 1 cop I'd say was a real good rifle shot. Won the National Patrol Rifle Competition once. He can shoot rather well.

Me

IC B3

Teal Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by logger
I wonder what was edited out of the video. He starts on the right side of the vehicle and is startled and then he is on the left side of the vehicle where he retreats and shoots.

I think they just reversed the image. Look at the location of the Ford oval. It switches sides.

Me

A
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
A
Logger, thought I was seeing right, but the way camera’s always look ass backwards now, like rings on fingers, are they married or not, he probably did safety walk up on passenger side, ended up with driver, probably wets !

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Confused
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by jimmyp
Jackson is there any handgun at all that is more effective? You sound like an expert so please let me know.

Maybe a 10mm, but most can't shoot it worth a s hit due to recoil.

Handgun cartridges poke holes. Ask anyone that knows about terminal ballistics, they will tell you the same thing.

DMc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Precisely! WTF

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
Teal Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by DMc
Precisely! WTF

They literally did nothing but reverse the image mid stream. Compare the blue oval on the tailgate at 14 seconds to 15 seconds. You also didn't notice the cars/trucks in the driveway down the street flipping sides?

Me

W
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
W
If you watch the truck in the drive way, You'll see that they mirrored the video in the first part.

If you hunt with your kids. You should not have to hunt for your kids.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Troutnut

Saw a state trooper shooting years ago at my grand parents farm with a revolver, he was an uncles buddy. Couldn’t hit a target to save his ass, I was blown away.
No idea how he qualified.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
We trained everything from one arms length away to 50 yards. I used to be a good shot but that was 15 years ago. I do requalify every year but that is not like training 6 or more times a year. That officer did what he had to do and he did it well.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
The only thing Jackazz Handjob is "expert" at is shoveling bulscheidt!

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The image mirroring is a bit confusing. I've seen camera setups where images are mirrored. I.e. Facing the camera, if I wave might my right hand the screen image is lifting its left. I also encounter some set ups that display the proper orientation.

As to handguns: Likely I could not shoot my way out of a paper bag. With a rifle and a couple seconds of time, I THINK I'd be fairly deadly.

Back on handguns: Years back as teenagers, a buddy and I were out wood chucking in Va in the company of a neighboring career Marine instructor. While paralleling a brushed-up cornfield fence row, he repeatedly decked feeding pigeons out to 50 or 60 yds with his 1911. While not adrenaline-charged shots, I was impressed. He pulled a couple out of the air too, as they were doing their orientation circle on takeoff.

I have some current LEO acquaintances that have been in a couple exchanges. Most admitted that when surprised and the adrenalin kicked in, they were in spray and pray mode.

If the event was a pursuit where the perp eventually emerges on the fight, there was a bit more purpose and focus in their actions.

With either situation though, I suspect training helps.

Last edited by 1minute; 02/20/24.

1Minute
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

611 members (01Foreman400, 10gaugeman, 160user, 10ring1, 10Glocks, 007FJ, 58 invisible), 3,120 guests, and 1,338 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,604
Posts18,473,695
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.