Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Being a life member my NRA ballot came with my magazine yesterday with 34 names and instructions to not vote for more than 25. I know not to vote for Carolyn Meadows although I do have to give her credit for loyalty.

Are there any reform candidates on the ballot that would cause trouble for the board members that caused the mess we are in? What about Jeffery Knox of Arizona?

The jury in New York is deliberating right now so It might be a good idea to see how that shakes out before voting. Some of the candidates on the list may be mentioned in the decision.

I still believe the good old NRA is finished but it might be a good idea to have some dissidents on the BOD during its dissolution.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Online Confused
Campfire Outfitter
Got mine in the magazine couple days ago.

I'll wait a bit to fill it out and send back.

Follow this thread too, thanks for posting Hastings.

GOA
O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Following.

U.S. government was established to represent citizens, NOT TO RULE OVER THEM.
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
AmmoLand has an article from yesterday that I found by googling Jeff Knox. He recommends 4 reform candidates. They are Phil Journey, Rocky Marshall, Dennis Fusaro, and of course Jeff Knox. These candidates are on the ballot by member nomination by petition

Jeff says that winning a board seat without support of the current regime is historically near impossible.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Going to follow this thread. My plan, at this point, is to vote yes on the bylaw change, vote for all non-incumbent candidates and pick and choose among what’s left. I will be especially predisposed against supporting candidates with big name recognition, long history on this board and membership on a bunch of other boards as well.

Interested in the thoughts of others. Would be nice if we could keep it to how we plan to vote and our rationale for doing so and avoid all the rants about “They’re not getting another nickel from me…I’m supporting GOA…” etc, etc. We’ve heard all that for a few years now, everyone understands… would be nice if we could keep this thread focused on this election, who, why… (I realize that’s asking a lot.)

Mathew 22: 37-39

IC B2

D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D
Following.
Anyone know, what’s the compensation for these board seats?

NRA Patron
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by dale06
Following.
Anyone know, what’s the compensation for these board seats?
I don’t know but I think it’s an unpaid position. It’s the perks and keeping a lid on opposition that is the deal. Unless I hear different I plan to vote for the 4 That Jeff Knox recommended.

Probably too late to save the NRA but would be good to have some cats watching the rats.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
It would be nice if some of the firearms "journalists" could be motivated to take a break from shilling for manufacturers and interview some of the current NRA board members.

Mathew 22: 37-39

S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
Is there a box to check by each name for the position of "Prison cell"?

If not, it's probably not going to be any better today then it was 2 years, or 10 years a go.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I'm not familiar with those names, mainly. I will follow this thread, too.

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Following.

"Aim right, squeeze light"
" Might as well hit what you're aiming at, it kicks the same whether you miss or not"
NRA Life, GOA
I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
Originally Posted by cra1948
It would be nice if some of the firearms "journalists" could be motivated to take a break from shilling for manufacturers and interview some of the current NRA board members.

That's a danged fine idea.

Since I doubt this will happen, I will vote for Jeff Knox's four candidates.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
FYI:

https://www.ammoland.com/2024/02/ny-vs-nra-statement-by-former-bod-timothy-knight/

NY vs. NRA: Statement by Former BOD Timothy Knight

The verdict in the NY vs. NRA case is due shortly.

Although I believe the case had some political motivations behind it based on the words of the New York Attorney General when she was running for office, I don’t think NRA members should dismiss the grave concerns revealed in what is now several court cases.

I, along with a few other directors, expressed concerns over the misappropriation of funds both internally and then later publicly in 2019.

We recognized who our boss actually was: our fellow members who were faithfully paying their dues.

We did not believe the NRA Board and management were holding to the mission of the Association, nor were they being transparent about expenses. Every NRA Director has a duty to the members, the law, and the NRA’s mission statement. Several of us were dismissed from our committees and accused of disloyalty towards the NRA for raising our financial concerns. Most Board members were too scared to stand up to Wayne and his cronies, especially Marion Hammer. Other Board members were part of the management cabal themselves and had no intention of changing a thing. So, the Board circled their wagons and remained silent. They were unwilling or unable to speak up or divided on where their loyalties lay.

The current NRA Board has failed in its duty to the NRA members, and I think that every single Board member who hasn’t openly spoken up about reform and responsibility should resign immediately.

Our Association deserves bold, honorable, and honest Board members focused on their legal responsibilities and on the members who elected them. No more should they focus on those who can dole out favors, vacations, car rides, consulting fees, and other grafts. We need to stop electing the silent, the complicit, or those who hope to be “trusted remainders” when this all blows over. Board members who are 2nd Amendment heroes, politicians, or captains of industry might once have been effective for our association. They are no longer effective and need to resign as well.

To fix our association, we need a much smaller board with term limits as well as a significant revision of the structure the board operates under. Strict disclosure rules for Board members and management need to be enforced and shared with NRA members during the annual meeting. This information should be disclosed to everyone during the main members’ business meeting, which is open to the public.

I trust the members who make up the association and in the mission statement that should always keep it focused. We need new leadership and a new board now. If both do not change, the slow degradation of our once great association will do more damage to our civil rights, hunting culture, gun safety education, and competitions that we can ill afford. My fellow members, if the court does not grant you the remedy you think is deserved, please stop supporting the do nothing, ne’er do wells, and the faded heroes.

If we want our Republic back, let’s start with our association!

I look forward to the day when the NRA, once again, through hard work and results, regains the trust of millions of law-abiding gun owners. We are stronger when we stand together as hunters, competitors, enthusiasts, advocates, and educators.

Timothy Knight
NRA Board of Directors 2015-2019

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
Four new board members will not change anything. The others will roll right over them and never look back. It is a corrupt board that has enabled Wayne all along with their blessings. They need a new board with all new people to rid of the old ways, until then more of the same.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by sidewinder72
Four new board members will not change anything. The others will roll right over them and never look back. It is a corrupt board that has enabled Wayne all along with their blessings. They need a new board with all new people to rid of the old ways, until then more of the same.
To a certain extent you are correct. Four board members out 76 cannot outvote the other 72 but maybe 4 loud mouthed malcontents can expose the wrong doing that goes on in secret executive sessions and steadily beat the drum of reform and most importantly embarrass the hell out of the rats running the show with the exposure of their misfeasance.

We have until April 28th to return our ballots. Let's hang on while. Never can tell, some more good guys may surface. Whatever you do, DON'T vote for Carolyn Meadows and do consider voting for anyone that supports ousting interim CEO Andrew Arulanandam who has backed Wayne LaPierre and was Wayne's handpicked successor. Considering his unwavering support of Mr. Lapierre I don't blame Wayne for putting him in charge but we cannot afford to have a CEO intent on covering up the malfeasance that most surely exists.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Good question asked earlier.............are Board members compensated?

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Following.

NRA Life Member

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
Although I believe the case had some political motivations behind it based on the words of the New York Attorney General when she was running for office,

Gee, no $hit. What other reason would Letitia James bring on this suit?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by cra1948
Going to follow this thread. My plan, at this point, is to vote yes on the bylaw change, vote for all non-incumbent candidates and pick and choose among what’s left. I will be especially predisposed against supporting candidates with big name recognition, long history on this board and membership on a bunch of other boards as well.

Interested in the thoughts of others. Would be nice if we could keep it to how we plan to vote and our rationale for doing so and avoid all the rants about “They’re not getting another nickel from me…I’m supporting GOA…” etc, etc. We’ve heard all that for a few years now, everyone understands… would be nice if we could keep this thread focused on this election, who, why… (I realize that’s asking a lot.)

If you vote for any candidates beyond the ones you know you want on the board, you are diluting your votes for (i.e., voting against) your preferred candidates.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
You don't have to vote for 25. Just not more than 25.

There has to be something in board members favor other than merely bragging rights.

NRA-Benefactor
TSRA-Life

"It's a terrible thing when governments send their young men to kill each other." Charles Byrne,WW2 Vet.
On the day Desert Storm began.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

623 members (1936M71, 10gaugeman, 1beaver_shooter, 160user, 16penny, 63 invisible), 2,613 guests, and 1,344 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,714
Posts18,475,547
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.