Hop To
Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Tarquin
Originally Posted by steve4102
Jonathan Turley points out another astonishing fact at the New York Post: before he can appeal, Trump must pay the whole fine:

Under New York law, Trump cannot appeal this ruling without depositing the full amount, including interest, in a court account. Even for Trump, $455 million is hard to come by. Likewise, a bond would require a company to guarantee payment for a defendant who has been barred from doing business in New York and is facing the need to liquidate much of his portfolio.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/...-before-he-can-appeal-new-york-decision/

There's a solution and that's for people to start kicking down a hundred each to his GoFundMe page. How many here have or will? Damned view, I'd venture because cause so many of you so-called Trump supporters are "all hat and no cattle".

No. Get your head out of your a$&.

Trump can afford this. But the act of the government forcing him to pay this upfront before appealing is over the top.

And you don't see that? Particularly when you look at the facts in this case. Valuations on a spreadsheet in a loan app. And we aren't talking about valuing a $200k house at $5 million on the ledger. We are talking about valuations that are probably within 10-15% of what a lender would value them at.

That is how real estate loans work.

Montana MOFO
GB1

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Well said Tarkio
I was thinking of starting a thread about 'precedent' and how the left had better damn well hope that they win this war on our Constitution because one day the Pendulum will swing and precedence has been set.
Much like when Harry Reid set precedence 15-20 years ago, one that came back to bite the left in the azz.

FJB & FJT
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have a question for the libtards on 24hr.....

What about the claimed value of Hunter Bidens "artwork"

Couldn't that be brought as a civil trial ?

S
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by hicountry

Art and its value is subjective, real estate is not, so no.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by memtb
Nothing more than extortion! memtb

Oh come now!
They are just good public servants doing their best to fill the budgetary hole created by their own policies...and frankly had DJT never been elected he would still be paying NY taxes and they would have much more money to fritter away as was clearly shown when they leaked his confidential tax documents.

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
IC B2

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J

If he overvalued the artwork to get favorable loans, then he should be prosecuted. But he didn’t.

Trump knowingly lied about the size of his condo, which is Illegal! If it wasnt, he’s CPA wouldn’t have had to stand before the courts and then lie about it, and then later be forced to negotiate a plea because he perjured himself?

If what he’s done is perfectly legal, tell the truth and be upfront about it. But he and his lawyers, CPA’s etc can’t, because they know what he’s done is unlawful.

E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
Jetboi runnin his yap again LOL

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by OldmanoftheSea

Oh come now!
They are just good public servants doing their best to fill the budgetary hole created by their own policies...and frankly had DJT never been elected he would still be paying NY taxes and they would have much more money to fritter away as was clearly shown when they leaked his confidential tax documents.

Well, he did state over and over again that if elected he would release his tax returns, like every other president before and after. Then, he reneged. If what he said was true, he should have gladly released his tax returns to show the citizens of the US that he did indeed have all the money he claimed, and he did pay all those taxes. But guess what, like anything, he lied, didn’t release his returns, and we later found out he was lying about all of it. Anyone body that can see what he was doing is a serious idiot.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/09/27/us/donald-trump-taxes.html

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by jetjockey

If he overvalued the artwork to get favorable loans, then he should be prosecuted. But he didn’t.

Trump knowingly lied about the size of his condo, which is Illegal! If it wasnt, he’s CPA wouldn’t have had to stand before the courts and then lie about it, and then later be forced to negotiate a plea because he perjured himself?

If what he’s done is perfectly legal, tell the truth and be upfront about it. But he and his lawyers, CPA’s etc can’t, because they know what he’s done is unlawful.

From someone that doesn't do real estate, that's clear.
Financial institutions don't loan $$'s based on what the seller/owner says it is worth.

Meanwhile saint Biden does it the old fashioned way-skim it from the taxpayers via 'aid to Ukraine' etc

But hey it's all good, as stated prior- precedence is set and that pendulum will swing.

If you think folks like MTG are nasty now you ain't seen nothing yet.

FJB & FJT
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by OldmanoftheSea

Oh come now!

Well, he did state over and over again that if elected he would release his tax returns, like every other president before and after. Then, he reneged. If what he said was true, he should have gladly released his tax returns to show the citizens of the US that he did indeed have all the money he claimed, and he did pay all those taxes. But guess what, like anything, he lied, didn’t release his returns, and we later found out he was lying about all of it. Anyone body that can see what he was doing is a serious idiot.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/09/27/us/donald-trump-taxes.html

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Who owns the NY Times?
(((Arthur Sulzberger)))

IC B3

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by earlybrd
Jetboi runnin his yap again LOL
Jetmonkey isn't very smart

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by Raeford

Financial institutions don't loan $$'s based on what the seller/owner says it is worth.

Your right. They loan for many reason, one being the borrower stating what their income, net worth, etc is. If I had my CPA draw up documents that I know are fraudulent, that overstated my income, the value of my home, etc, in order to receive a loan I otherwise would not be able to get, that would be committing load fraud. That is exactly what Trump did. He is not innocent.

Last edited by jetjockey; 02/23/24.
E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
How’s tha trophy room comin along Jetboi

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Another one added to the ignore list Jetjockitch.

NRA Endowment Life Member (and proud of it)

Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. - Plato

Deuteronomy 22:5

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by Raeford

Your right. They loan for many reason, one being the borrower stating what their income, net worth, etc is. If I had my CPA draw up documents that I know are fraudulent, that overstated my income, the value of my home, etc, in order to receive a loan I otherwise would not be able to get, that would be committing load fraud. That is exactly what Trump did. He is not innocent.

Can't put together a three or four sentence paragraph .. but "fLiEs JeTs!" laugh

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
....and thinks he's a pro on the economy due to his stock portfolio doing so very well.
IF he's educated[very doubtful] he's an educated iDiOt.

FJB & FJT
W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Originally Posted by steve4102
Jonathan Turley points out another astonishing fact at the New York Post: before he can appeal, Trump must pay the whole fine:

Under New York law, Trump cannot appeal this ruling without depositing the full amount, including interest, in a court account. Even for Trump, $455 million is hard to come by. Likewise, a bond would require a company to guarantee payment for a defendant who has been barred from doing business in New York and is facing the need to liquidate much of his portfolio.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/...-before-he-can-appeal-new-york-decision/

This is misleading. Trump can most certainly appeal the ruling without fronting the money or obtaining a bond. However, without doing so the appeal will not stay collection efforts by the judgment holder. Trump has to decide if he needs the stay or not during the appellate process. A good indicator of his intentions going forward is his imminent appeal in the sexual assault/defamation judgement case. Let's see if he fronts the money or bonds the judgment in that case. He has 3 days left to do so.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Jetjockey is clueless how business really works.

The banks do their own appraisal, always.

No one was defrauded, loans were repaid, banks made money, and testified as such.

This opens the door for further political hit jobs in NY. You don't like a business in NY because they didn't contribute to your campaign, take them out. That's the message.

Watch and learn as NYC and state goes further down the sewer.

Noone in their right mind will develop a coolaid stand there.

This is China and Russia tactics. Right out of the democratic fascists play book.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
"The Epoch Times headline in your “NYC Out of Control” post calls the dollar part of the verdict against the Trumps a “penalty.” It has also been called a “fine,” but I haven’t yet seen it called “damages” in a headline. I think Hochul, Engoron, and James know that the amount was based on a damage assessment and calculation that may not hold up. New York Executive Law § 63(12) clearly reads that the attorney general “may apply…for an order…directing restitution and damages…”. [Emphasis mine.]

New York proved math calculations, not actual damages, where the damaged party had to be made whole. Had the statute recited a list of fines, they’d probably be in a more sound position, but their position now is what I would call “too dicey for comfort.” I would seize nothing in this situation because there are too many cases of improper seizures to worry about. The verdicts against those who seize property in error or improperly or hastily in a flawed or tainted case are many times larger than the amount of the money judgment used to seize and sell the property of the defendant.

Furthermore, if New York has someone running the Trump businesses, and should he or she destroy or damage the businesses, the state could be liable for many, many times the amount of the verdict/judgment against the Trump family. Trump could wind up seizing the state capitol, the governor’s residence, etc., plus having his property returned to him. I’ve seen this happen. Once, the State of Louisiana overreached, and once, the U.S. government was a litigant against a billionaire oil man, banker, and friend who could not get the IRS to return his multi-million dollar overpayment of taxes. He finally had enough, and he seized the Hale Boggs Federal Court Building. He got his money a day later.

Perhaps by dancing around exactly what legal principle the amount of the money verdict/judgment is based on (i.e., damages, fines, penalties [i.e., a payment imposed as punishment], whatever), the Hochul, Engoron, James enterprise has walked into a trap. The Eighth Amendment prohibits excessive fines. If they maintain the amount is absolutely based on the principle of damages, how can they show a diminution of the state being “whole” (or “wholeness” if you will) owing to Trump’s actions with third parties. If they maintain the amount of the verdict/judgment is based on a properly enacted and published fine or penalty, then they must face the Eighth Amendment.

In my opinion, Hochul, Engoron, and James are whistling past the graveyard. They have put their careers on the line, and the dice are tumbling."

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
NYS added what may turn out to be the final nail in the coffin regarding doing business there.

The publicity[even from run of the mill/old school] democrats has not been what a municipality that is already bleeding off businesses and residents desires.

FJB & FJT
Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

629 members (160user, 1234, 007FJ, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 64 invisible), 2,648 guests, and 1,336 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,721
Posts18,475,781
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.