Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Had a black footed ferret named Louise for about 8 years. She was a funny mischievous animal that liked to raise he'll once in a while. She also liked to hide your stuff from you like your wallet or car keys.

She was litter box trained and had her scent glands remove so we'd leave her cage door open at times and in follow you around the house. She always wanted to watch what you were doing.

Bb

Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I had a goldfish that would dance like he was on Soul Train !!
But he would only do it out of the bowl. Strange........

Roy

What this world needs is a few more Rednecks.

The Dildō Of Consequence Rarely Arrives Lubed

Waterboarding isn't illegal if you use diesel

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Not me!

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Had a monitor lizard for a spell when I lived on Guam. Kept the house clear of little lizards. Also had a Guam Rail, a species now extinct. It could run circles around Wile E. Coyote.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
The middle son got a rabbit one Easter and named him “Eddie Rabbit” after the popular songwriter and singer - “Love the Rainy Nights”. A cousin had a male black and tan fife squirrel dog - called him “Barney Fife”! He was named appropriately, very nervous and high strung. Fidgetey.

T
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
T
I know an ol boy in east central Kansas that has mountain lions for pets. De-clawed and K-9's removed. IIRC he fed them dry cat food.

A friend of mine had a zebra and a giraffe for a while.

Just because you're offended doesn't mean your right.
IC B2

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
When I was abput 8 - 9 years old I had a pet pig that followed me around like a dog. It was great for a year or so but then I realized that if you plan on eating an animal don't have it as a pet.

drover

223 Rem, my favorite cartridge - you can't argue with truckloads of dead PD's and gophers.

24hourcampfire.com - The site where there is a problem for every solution.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Do woofs count?

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
I know a yanky from Jersey named Peter dik🤷‍♂️he had some pen raised monsta bucks one of em went rutty and Peter dik got some stitches

D
DHN Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by drover
When I was abput 8 - 9 years old I had a pet pig that followed me around like a dog. It was great for a year or so but then I realized that if you plan on eating an animal don't have it as a pet.

drover
My oldest sister and her husband got two piglets when their kids were young. To remind the kids of their ultimate fate, they were named Porkchop and Bacon.

Dale

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Two pet coons.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Had a hedgehog, two prairie dogs and a skunk.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by DHN
Originally Posted by drover

drover
My oldest sister and her husband got two piglets when their kids were young. To remind the kids of their ultimate fate, they were named Porkchop and Bacon.

Most of our chickens have food names like nugget, Kung pow, sweet and sour which are 2 different birds, or even one just named dinner. They all get food names with a few exceptions like Pecker, although a few of our democrats would consider that in line with the theme.

Bb

Last edited by Burleyboy; 02/26/24.
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
When I was in my late teens, I built an "escape proof" cage and would catch and keep rattlesnakes.
Great conversation starter.

MOLON LABE
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
After we got married, my wife brought a prairie dog home. let it run around the house for a little while til we found all the holes it had chewed in the carpet.

I could wish a lot of things on my worst enemy but neuropathy ain't one of them.
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Dad had a tame raccoon and squirrel that he raised from babies.

When I was in the 6th grade, we hatched a mallard hen in an incubator. I was the first human she saw, so I became her "mommy". She would follow me around like a puppy.
Someone gave us a drake and we eventually ended up with a flock of 23.

"No good deed shall go unpunished!"
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Pet squirrel.

“Brutus”

My mom has pics somewhere of Brutus sitting on a little BigDaves shoulder..

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

T
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
T
I had a chameleon. Or my live in girlfriend at the time did. It was a good pet, never made noise or a mess. Collect a few bugs in the yard for it to eat, wicked fast and accurate tongue.Everything else moved super slow. Eyeballs going two directions. It would climb al over in the houseplants,took awhile to find it sometimes. Great camo, we had a black and white designs rug it would be black and white lines just like the rug move forward an inch and the color would change on its body to the color of the rug perfectly lined up. It layer about 30 eggs and died, while the girlfriend was on vacation. I don’t think she ever forgave me.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
We had a couple of Ferrets when my kids were young. It technically belongs to my granddaughter, but she keeps a hedgehog here. Stepdad said she couldn't bring it home. Easiest pet ever to care for. We almost never see it. It sleeps all day and runs in the wheel all night. All we do is put food and water out for it. Our granddaughter cleans the cage when she visits.

She is also the only one who can pick it up without wearing leather gloves too.

Two years ago I found 2 turkey eggs while hunting. They weren't in a nest, just lying in the middle of a logging road. One had not fully formed, but I took the other to a friend who is a wildlife re-habitation expert. He placed the egg inside an incubator along with 6 mallard eggs. When they hatched, he released them near a pond on his property. About a week later a group of turkey showed up and the young turkey left with them.

Most people don't really want the truth.

They just want constant reassurance that what they believe is the truth.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
We had a couple of coons at different times.
When I was 11, we had one named “Pete” who was like one of the family.
He loved riding motorcycles. I had an SL/70 Honda, and I’d put a sweatshirt on zippered 1/2 way up, thus making a pouch for him. He loved it.
Had a piece of rain spout with both ends sealed. We’d put water in there and some minnows or crawdads for him to fish for.
You didn’t want him around if you were trying to work under a car though. He had his nose in your business trying to see what you’re doing, or the little creep was carrying off your tools!
Reon

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln
Some of the ranchers on the forum probably have stump broke heifers.

“Ea, ea, ea, easy now!”

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

579 members (12344mag, 1234, 10gaugeman, 160user, 007FJ, 10ring1, 54 invisible), 2,220 guests, and 1,245 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,254
Posts18,486,311
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.