Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
I currently have a bobcat named appropriately enough- Rowdy. He is a deer, chicken, and rabbit eatin' SOB. Great pet. Got a permit from the state for him.

Had a fox. Pretty but I don't recommend them. He used the litter box but- to put things onto perspective- they sell red fox pee as cover scent. When he used the box you had to change it RIGHT NOW! Talk about run you out of the house. I threw the damn thing out the basement door but he ran around to the front door and was waiting on my cell mate when whe went to walk the dog. She knew I was gonna kill it so she found some sucker in Ft. Lauderdale to take it.

At one with the gun.

GB4

Campfire Tracker
Online Shocked
Campfire Tracker
Friend had a couple different red foxes , uncle had a bobcat when I was a kid.

G
G23 Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Hey Roger, ever see George anymore? Wasn't that his name?

G23

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
We had a pet squirrel for a while

B
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
My brothers had a litter of woodchucks after shooting the mother. They liked to hide/rest underneath the kitchen counter and were easily house-trained. They'd climb into the bathtub to do their business.

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Fox

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Not me but a girl I knew in high school had a pet skunk, de-scented. Skunks are lousy pets. They aren't friendly, their hair is too stiff for cuddly petting, the stink is never really gone, and with their huge digging claws, they scratch anyone and anything. They also have wicked teeth although this one never bit anyone that I know of.

MY experience was completely different, descented, did not smell, hair is coarse, was very gentle, I would put him inside my shirt that was tucked in and he would just lay there, never bit or scratched anyone..... very doscile!

Obviously MMV

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
I had a rattlesnake. He hated me.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
L
LBP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by hanco
Dated a fat gurl once
Me too

Will Munny: It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have.

The Schofield Kid: Yeah, well, I guess they had it coming.

Will Munny: We all got it coming, kid.
E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
I remember goin somewhere when I was a kid and the lady had a pig under her kitchen sink

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Had a couple buddies visit from out of town wanted to drive around looking for old cars left out to rot. We see something they were interested in we'd do a stop-n-knock. One place we come to an old fella opened the door, all black-faced and wrapped in a blanket. He invited the three of us in to talk about old cars and we soon figured out why he was so dark. He had a chair perched over a grate and he sat there and let the heat blow out on him, wrapped up with that blanket over his head. Must've been an oil burner. 20 years worth of dirty dishes were stacked up on the counter, garbage all over.

Anyway, the whole time we chatted old Everett up his pet rooster was running back and forth on the back of the couch, squawking up a storm. That chicken was so psychotic he had that couch wore down to bare springs. Old Everett was fine but that chicken didn't like strangers. LOL

LOL
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Dog with no legs. Named him cigarette. Every now and then we'd take him out for a drag.

One is alone in a land so vast, there is only the mountains, the wind, and the eyes of God.
N
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
N
We caught a baby possum in my grandmother’s house after it got in via the attic. We fed it bugs and a pinch of ground beef now and then. Couple of box turtles, anoles and small snakes for a while.

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Kept snakes of all types growing up. King snakes, copperheads, rat snakes, boas and pythons. Wife was very tolerant after we got married. Our daughter and son fell in love with the critters and had some of their own growing up. My biggest was an 18 foot long python. Total sweetheart.

You only live once, but...if you do it right, once is enough.
R
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
R
Only “different” pet was a wolf/dog cross. Gentle but like to play stalk my youngest and became scared if it so it had to go. Silly thing dug its own den/bed under the deck rather than use its house.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Daughter had a python. Very docile animal, never once tried to bite.
We named it Alf, after the cat eating TV critter, because we would be sitting on the couch, holding him, and when the cat would enter the room, Alf would slowly slither towards it.

"No good deed shall go unpunished!"
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Ball Pythons make great pets. I had a 3 foot one that I would wear wrapped around my neck, even while driving.

[Linked Image from ]
H
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
H
I had a pig that was a runt and they were going to kill him at the farm I worked. I offered to bottle raise him. Kept him in a dog kennel. He was like a dog. Liked to play and follow me around. When he grew to market size he was too strong for the kennel and would break the gate open. When I came home from school if I didn't let him out. Dad took him to the slaughter house and had him butchered. Some of the best tasting pork I remember. We enjoyed him as a pet and a bunch of good meals.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I moved to Belize in the 80's for the adventure. There was a guy on my island who raised a baby Jaguar into an adult. He would take her to the beach every morning for a swim. Hows that for a cool pet. The cat even slept on their kind size bed and it was big pushing 200 lbs! The guy in the pic was 6ft 3in to give you an idea of cat size.

[img]https://postimg.cc/tsqZT1MF[/img]

Last edited by Tesoro; 02/27/24.
DMc Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Was unto falconry. Red-tailed hawk, Kestral, and an owl.

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

631 members (10gaugemag, 007FJ, 12344mag, 160user, 10Glocks, 12savage, 65 invisible), 2,227 guests, and 1,339 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,915
Posts18,479,611
Members73,947
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.