P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Originally Posted by smokepole
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Originally Posted by callnum
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Still waiting on proof there cousinfucker….either post it up or apologize you slimy little liar!

I’m not going to spoon feed you your mush boomer. You know what you posted.

I know that you can’t prove what you’re lying about because I never said that. It’s hardly a secret that I’ve been to Maui because I’ve posted about it and I’ve posted pictures regarding our time in Maui…

I haven't been to Maui so I can't comment on how the fires got started. But I have a serious question Aces.

I can understand the concept of someone starting a fire selectively, by using a method that targets a specific type of structure, material, etc.

But the fires on Maui were out of control, burning across the island. In that situation, how would someone control what gets burned and what doesn't?

You have to Connect the Dots!

GB1

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
What causes the fires?

Hmmmm....there's this strange stuff called LIGHTENING!!

Ben Franklin talked all about it!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Donald Trump

Well we're Green and we're Gold, and we play better when it's cold. All us Cheese heads have our favorite superstar. We love Brett Favre.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Originally Posted by mark shubert
Wind-blown power line, dragging chain, bad wheel bearing, bad exhaust system on a vehicle (catalytic convertor innards, for example), somebody parked in tall enough grass, fool with a welder, lots of other reasons that I've seen or heard of.
We had seven grass/forest fires near the ranch, last year, the two largest we got stopped at 3200 and 3600 acres.
One was a powerline fire and on two of them we found exhaust system parts. Traced it to a particular pickup (not mine) and I paid to have it repaired - didn't need a repeat! I'm hoping for none this year.

Yep. Dumbasses welding on windy dry days have started several that I know of in this area. Also, a trailer safety chain getting dragged down the highway by some idiot that rented a Uhaul trailer wouldn’t surprise me at all.
Also have seen cars and pickups burned up by a catalytic converter parked in high grass on the side of the road, several times. Power line fires too.

But I still wouldn’t be surprised if some asswhole didn’t deliberately start these.
Started a good size fire to the south of us a few years back, 15 or so miles of nothing but sage and forest lands between it an our place. I was keeping an eye on the fire website for sure.

Flat tire on a trailer, running on the rim until the folks figured it out, caused the Carr fire in NorCal a few years back too. over 1000 homes burned and 6 dead I think.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

63 members (6mmbrfan, 10gaugemag, 7mm_Loco, 257_X_50, 9 invisible), 1,462 guests, and 875 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,538
Posts18,531,082
Members74,039
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.