Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by Crockettnj
Originally Posted by earlybrd
Originally Posted by Alan_C
We use a lot of Popular lumber for interior trim. Paint grade. Also for cabinets . Seems like soft maple wood be close to the same density. Where is Cashking when we need him?
Popla is softer wood ain’t wurthafuck for firewood

Ah, thats bullshit. Wood burns. Dry it, it burns. Not hot enough, burn more. People get too caught up on 10-20% BTU difference. its wood, if you arent paying for it, who cares. Just burn it.

I'm swimming in ash, oak, and beech here, but I'll burn anything thats not a conifer or sycamore. Sycamore smells like ass.
He sure does.

GB1

A
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
A
We use a lot of Popular lumber for interior trim. Paint grade. Also for cabinets . Seems like soft maple wood be close to the same density. Where is Cashking when we need him?

Ah, thats bullshit. Wood burns. Dry it, it burns. Not hot enough, burn more. People get too caught up on 10-20% BTU difference. its wood, if you arent paying for it, who cares. Just burn it.

I'm swimming in ash, oak, and beech here, but I'll burn anything thats not a conifer or sycamore. Sycamore smells like ass.
Any Chestnut???? Makes nice lumber I’ve read.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C

Cash is still reeling... from the ass whooping he took on knowing dick about wood.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C

Chestnut? lol, no.

Lotta Ash.

Originally Posted by Archerhunter

Quit giving in inch by inch then looking back to lament the mile behind ya and wonder how to preserve those few feet left in front of ya. They'll never stop until they're stopped. That's a fact.
E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E

Oak n locust for me mix n some maple👍

IC B2

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Maple.

Looks like cottonwood to me.

I think you are a senile old fugg that knows dick... and runs his mouth like a latrine.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R

WTF have you been for the last 100+ years?

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
Originally Posted by MarineHawk
That truck looks a little under-qualified for that load.
You’ve never done much on a farm I’m guessing

You ain't never done a fuqking thing in your life, I'm guessing.

E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E

I got some Chyna chestnuts here n there American chestnuts bit tha dust along time ago

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by readonly

That was pretty harsh...

But I don'ts mind.

I actually have 6" Chestnut, but it is blighted like all of dem.

IC B3

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by mirage243
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
Originally Posted by MarineHawk
That truck looks a little under-qualified for that load.
You’ve never done much on a farm I’m guessing

You ain't never done a fuqking thing in your life, I'm guessing.
Your Mom count?

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
W
WMR Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
OK, fess up Wabigoon. You really gonna cut, split and stack that load? I’m skeptical. 🤔

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C

This.

Old Corps

Semper Fi

Get off my lawn.

FJB
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Judging by the country in the pictures and the logs on the trailer. it could be Silver Maple.

Most likely cut down along a river or stream, in a town park or graveyard.

"You cannot invade mainland America. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass"
~Admiral Yamamoto~

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty. ~Thomas Jefferson~
A
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by readonly

I’ve read that an organization has been trying to get a blight resistant tree with some success. There is also folks reclaiming the old lumber.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S
https://tacf.org/

The American Chestnut Foundation is here in Asheville. They are trying to restore the American chestnut tree. I found a big chestnut tree growing next to Sweetwater Road. I cut off a 10 inch branch that had green leaves on it. I took it down to the ACF office. They ran a DNA test on it, and found that this tree is Chinese and not American.

T
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
https://tacf.org/

The American Chestnut Foundation is here in Asheville. They are trying to restore the American chestnut tree. I found a big chestnut tree growing next to Sweetwater Road. I cut off a 10 inch branch that had green leaves on it. I took it down to the ACF office. They ran a DNA test on it, and found that this tree is Chinese and not American.
There is a tree nursery here in PA that is pretty close to developing a blight resistant chestnut. Some have already been planted out and about. Most of the old barns around here have chestnut beams in them

K
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
K
Nice trailer. Nice load of wood

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S
I don't mess with poplar, not enough BTU per cord. Oak is almost twice as good. There is only so much room in my woodpiles, why take up space with mediocre wood.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S

Brd, Poplar wont hold up to nice oak for heating, but it actually makes a really nice campfire wood. Easy to split, easy to light, and doesn't smoke like some of the other woods when you're sitting around a campfire. You get plenty of heat out of it, just not the BTU's of oak for heating. I got 3 big tops up back of my house I'm gonna cut up and put back for campfire wood this summer.

One is alone in a land so vast, there is only the mountains, the wind, and the eyes of God.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

555 members (1OntarioJim, 10Glocks, 16penny, 160user, 10gaugemag, 55 invisible), 2,428 guests, and 1,266 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,527
Posts18,472,651
Members73,939
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.