-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
This is shocking to me. With a bit less than 2/3 of the votes counted in the respective Utah primaries:

Biden received 53,744 votes;
Trump received 37,960 votes; and
Haley received 26,539 votes.

Shocking to me that the Republicans, combined, received only 20% more votes than Biden in Utah.

Also shocking that Biden received 43% more votes than Trump.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Utah Primary.

Trump 62.6%

Haley 36.4%

36.4% of Republican primary voters in Utah voted for Nikki Haley??

You gotta be kidding me.

I better shut up now. I see VA was very similar.

This illustrates the fractured Republican Party. They all want something different and can’t agree on the outcome versus the person. Trump is more important as a president than he is a person, and too many republicans vote person.

The same people are still beating up Tulsi Gabbard because she was a democrat and now that she has changed her views, she isn’t perfect or trusty. A democrat turned Republican is more important than the Trojan Horse they claim she is. At this point we need to rally more about any positive change than worry about the perfect candidate…

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Bushwacker
Those are just the California Republicans that moved to Utah, they ain't made themselves right yet.
I would not say that. Our state has a high level of college educated. Ie more likely to be leftist. Our local media is tightly controlled and promotes moderate and leftism. Our culture is taught not to contend by the main religion here. Add in a fued with Romney who is still liked by moderates. A brash New Yorker. That adds up to a cold reception for trump.

I hate it. I bugs the hell out of me our culture is like that. We keep electing the same idiots for governor and legislators, too

Y
Y
I just dont understand it. I am a Trump guy, but if somebody else won the nomination, I would vote for them without a second thought. Not voting IS voting for Biden. I think Nikki is being funded by Biden. He just needs 10 percent or so to not vote. We got to be smarter than this.

Last edited by Yank; 03/06/24.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by shrapnel
Utah Primary.

Trump 62.6%

Haley 36.4%

You gotta be kidding me.

This illustrates the fractured Republican Party. They all want something different and can’t agree on the outcome versus the person. Trump is more important as a president than he is a person, and too many republicans vote person.

The same people are still beating up Tulsi Gabbard because she was a democrat and now that she has changed her views, she isn’t perfect or trusty. A democrat turned Republican is more important than the Trojan Horse they claim she is. At this point we need to rally more about any positive change than worry about the perfect candidate…

I agree with you mostly. But I would not want anyone who ever was anti-gun/2A to be PRESIDENT (including potentially via vice-presidency) unless there was a super clearcut strong emphasis on support for gun rights after his/her conversion. It's too important to me, and the Supreme Court is our only check on the anti-gun crazies. In other words, if a conservative is to be placed in the WH, I would never want it to be a moderately-pro-gun person, who might miss on S.Ct. apointment(s)

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
BMT[/quote]
2016 Trump or Hillary. If you didn't vote, you might as well have voted for Hillary.[/quote]

This is only true if you live in a "swing" state. If you live in a deep red or deep blue state, your vote for POTUS doesn't count anyway. It is called the electoral college. If you live in CA or NY and are blue or red, you can vote for a third party w/o risk. Likewise if you live in OK or WY. This only applies to POTUS all other elections are based on popular vote. Nixon tried to get the states to implement an electoral college type system as he saw the cities (blue) controlling the states (red). His vision came to be and can be seen in PA, WI, MI, NC, OR, WA, IL and even NY and TX. When the cities vote blue and control the state, but all the rural areas are discounted.

Some is Good---More is Better----Too Much is Just Right
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by cumminscowboy
It’s the culture of the people here. People here hate contention in politics. They like voting to get along. There are people here that are offended by trumps aggressive personality. Although trumps policies are uniformly supported. It’s the culture that can’t handle the perceived meaness of trump.

It’s something I hate about the people of my state. Utah is only conservative because of social issues. In many ways the people aside from that support higher taxes and bigger government.

Btw my wife and I both went only to support trump. I wanted to see neocon Nikki get the beat down.

Is your voting open? IOW, can dems vote in the repub primary?

Montana MOFO
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Utah Primary.

Trump 62.6%

Haley 36.4%

You gotta be kidding me.

You are right.

We need to be completely trusting of these people.

It's worked so well in the past.

I am MAGA.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Along with being traditional and conservative, Utah/LDS culture places high value on civility, which Trump lacks. Conflicting values.

Stupidity has its way, while its cousin, evil, runs rampant.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Utah Primary.

Trump 62.6%

Haley 36.4%

You gotta be kidding me.

You are right.

We need to be completely trusting of these people.

It's worked so well in the past.

Country schools don’t educate any better than city schools. I never said or implied blind acceptance. I am only being realistic about the positives that result from any left movement to the right…

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
IC B3

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Happy
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Paul39
Along with being traditional and conservative, Utah/LDS culture places high value on civility, which Trump lacks. Conflicting values.

Utah is not the same Utah I moved to 43 years ago

Too many liberal tree hugging idiots doesn't help either

https://www.abc4.com/news/wasatch-front/utah-is-no-longer-majority-mormon-new-research-says/

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Utah Primary.

Trump 62.6%

Haley 36.4%

You gotta be kidding me.

They elected Romney…..that should explain a lot! memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Do you know what an "open primary" is?

Roy

What this world needs is a few more Rednecks.

The Dildō Of Consequence Rarely Arrives Lubed

Waterboarding isn't illegal if you use diesel

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by MarineHawk
This is shocking to me. With a bit less than 2/3 of the votes counted in the respective Utah primaries:

Biden received 53,744 votes;
Trump received 37,960 votes; and
Haley received 26,539 votes.

Shocking to me that the Republicans, combined, received only 20% more votes than Biden in Utah.

Also shocking that Biden received 43% more votes than Trump.

Not that shocking……we’re talking about Utard! memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by LRoyJetson

Do you know what an "open primary" is?

Yes. Do you?

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by memtb
Utah Primary.

Trump 62.6%

Haley 36.4%

You gotta be kidding me.

They elected Romney…..that should explain a lot! memtb

Romney wasn't well liked in the caucus meeting I attended last night.

Carpe' Scrotum
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
I do believe the voters in these caucuses and primaries is a very small percentage of the actual voting public democrat or republican. so I wouldn't get too wound up in these percentages just yet

Last edited by ldholton; 03/06/24.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I asked the precinct chair how many people were in out precinct. He thought it was around 400. There were about 40 people in the caucus meeting. So...

Carpe' Scrotum
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I believe we are seeing lots of democrats voting in the Republican primaries. They are attempting to select Nikki the Twat in hope Joe can beat her. I believe she is staying in hoping President Trump is not alive come election time.

The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. Albert Einstein
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
At lot of you underestimate the stupidity of so called conservative white people (Minnesota), the I'm a conservative cuckold (CA/MI/PA), and the just plan apathy (WA,NC, OR, Bristoe)

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

555 members (007FJ, 1Akshooter, 12344mag, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 1lessdog, 63 invisible), 2,451 guests, and 1,375 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,046
Posts18,500,900
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.