Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
I guess I could look after it for you. grin

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Take some of that cash and spend it on getting the daughter help and straightened out, that'll be some of the best money you ever spent. If she refuses tell her there will be no inheritance.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Fireball2
"spend it before you die", because everyone knows exactly how long they are going to live and what level of care they will need, how much it will cost, and for how long!

LOLOLOL

Fits in well with "spend any money as soon as you get it because it's never going to have as much buying power as it has today".

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
B
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B
I plan on leaving a bunch to St Jude's hospital. They care for kids with cancer, and cover all costs including parental accommodations, travels, etc. Danny Thomas had the right idea.

Last edited by Biebs; 03/06/24.
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Campfire kids fund.

Funny.

DF

IC B2

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
I am always amazed that folks won't spend time and MONEY with a proper trust attorney that will walk their clients to a sensible solution.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Take some of that cash and spend it on getting the daughter help and straightened out, that'll be some of the best money you ever spent. If she refuses tell her there will be no inheritance.

How would you "straighten" her out?

I am MAGA.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by stxhunter
Spend it before you die...

Hell yeah.

Wtf is wrong with people?

I am MAGA.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Guys, here's a reality check as it relates to this subject.

When a parent begins leaving the stove on, falling down alot, ending up in the hospital for all of the above and more, things change dramatically, financially, and quick. You go from a senior living at a home that's paid for to assisted living where they make sure parent takes their pills, check on them several times a day, etc for about $8K a month. When the parent can't be left alone for whatever myriad of reasons, full time care 24/7 caregiver runs $20K plus a month, plus whatever the residence cost, plus living expenses.

This adds up to to $25K a month, $300K a year. A million bucks is basically three years care.

Speaking of reality, who wants to go into an old folks home with all the rest of the half demented geezers, often running into you with their wheel chairs, spitting big slimey throat oysters onto the table, stealing the few familiar things you brought with you from home, watching them spoon the mashed potatoes onto their heads and trying to eat the gravy with their fingers at dinner, defecating and urinating all over themselves in the teevee room, having some illegal alien who smells of stale garlic and tequila changing your Depends five times a day, hobbling around all day with droopy drawers, never having any freedom nor even a good home cooked meal of your favorite foods, your main activity trying to put together a jig saw puzzle that has a dozen missing pieces, unable to toss a line in the lake to try and catch a fish, or take a walk in the forests and mountains of yesteryear that you enjoyed so much ............. ?

No, It seems to me that when a man notices what's happening to him, (Fireball's "reality check above) if he's considerate of himself and his family, it would be time to eat his .38.

My opinion. smile

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
Just remember, if you or your wife ever need long term nursing care or assisted living for any length of time, it's easy to burn through your life's savings. Some places can cost up to 10,000 bucks a month, but around here there are some real good ones for 5000 to 6000 per month per person. It doesn't take long to go through money that way. With that much money, you could also pay people to care for you in your own home. Save it for you, and don't hesitate to live as comfortable as you can.

Last edited by reivertom; 03/06/24.
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by reivertom
Just remember, if you or your wife ever need long term nursing care or assisted living for any length of time, it's easy to burn through your life's savings. Some places can cost up to 10,000 bucks a month, but around here there are some real good ones for 5000 to 6000 per month per person. It doesn't take long to go through money that way. With that much money, you could also pay people to care for you in your own home. Save it for you, and don't hesitate to live as comfortable as you can.

You are right. That is why it is extremely important to buy long term care insurance. My brother who is virtually an invalid at home, is using the long term care insurance he and his wife took out years ago.

It has saved them thousands and thousands of $$$$$$$$$.

Look into it, boys and girls. Some day you might be extremely happy you have it.

FWIW.

L.W.

Last edited by Leanwolf; 03/06/24. Reason: Correct typo.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
All I can add is to keep abreast of the costs
of the funeral services desired and have
adequate insurance to cover it.
It got me bad when my mother passed a
while back, and pretty much ruined me
financially to get her in the ground

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Lots of good advise as usual. The 'fire always gives.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Speaking of reality, who wants to go into an old folks home with all the rest of the half demented geezers, often running into you with their wheel chairs, spitting big slimey throat oysters onto the table, stealing the few familiar things you brought with you from home, watching them spoon the mashed potatoes onto their heads and trying to eat the gravy with their fingers at dinner, defecating and urinating all over themselves in the teevee room, having some illegal alien who smells of stale garlic and tequila changing your Depends five times a day, hobbling around all day with droopy drawers, never having any freedom nor even a good home cooked meal of your favorite foods, your main activity trying to put together a jig saw puzzle that has a dozen missing pieces, unable to toss a line in the lake to try and catch a fish, or take a walk in the forests and mountains of yesteryear that you enjoyed so much ............. ?

Geez, Leanwolf. Your evocative writing hasn't left you.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by EdM
I am always amazed that folks won't spend time and MONEY with a proper trust attorney that will walk their clients to a sensible solution.

This.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Morewood
" ... Geez, Leanwolf. Your evocative writing hasn't left you.

I gotta keep my hand in. grin

L.W.

A
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by Morewood

Geez, Leanwolf. Your evocative writing hasn't left you.
Leanwolfs take on it. I think Stephen Hawkings enjoyed his life somewhat. He had it pretty rough. You have to have a purpose.

A
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by Houston_2
Originally Posted by EdM

This.
Suzi Orman has a good book on trusts. Read it, arm yourself with knowledge, then go to a trust attorney. You will be able to understand it better and also know if your attorney is worth a Schitt.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Tarkio
Surefire way to mess up an already messed up financially-strapped person is to shower them with money or an inheritance. That is an absolute truth.

This!

>>——>

You should enjoy some of the fruits of your labors.

Black Cows Matter!
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by TimberRunner
You are 57. Spend it. Enjoy it.

This, heck yeah, you have a lot of time left to spend and enjoy the fruits of your labor. Just because you married someone doesn't mean you have to reward their offspring. Honestly, I'd have a hard time leaving a dime to someone else's kid who obviously doesn't love or respect God. Pray for that girl. Pray for her every day, and leave your money to whomever you believe will use that money to further God's kingdom. Not that He needs it, but just because. It will be a blessing.

"Blessed is the man whose wife is his best friend - especially if she likes to HUNT!"

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul, mind and strength, and love your neighbor as yourself. There is no commandment greater than these."
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

538 members (10gaugeman, 222Sako, 1badf350, 1Longbow, 257robertsimp, 1beaver_shooter, 56 invisible), 1,723 guests, and 1,193 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,144
Posts18,523,316
Members74,030
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.