Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Get a good long term care insurance policy. If one of you need long term care, that will eat up your assets more than anything else. Protect what you have so maybe there will be something left to pass along however you see fit.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Originally Posted by stxhunter
Spend it before you die...

Hell yeah.

Wtf is wrong with people?

I guess some people believe that there is a life after life (as I do), but I am not opposed to enjoying the fruits of our labor while we are here on this earth either.

"Blessed is the man whose wife is his best friend - especially if she likes to HUNT!"

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul, mind and strength, and love your neighbor as yourself. There is no commandment greater than these."
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
OP, if you’re 57, unless you’re planning on dying in the near term, you have no way to estimate your net worth at death.
If you have no one to leave it to, why would you plan on dying with a cent to your name? Enjoy it while youre living, if nothing else find people that are truly deserving that could use it as an opportunity to better themselves and give it away while you’re alive to be able to enjoy what it does for someone.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Take some of that cash and spend it on getting the daughter help and straightened out, that'll be some of the best money you ever spent. If she refuses tell her there will be no inheritance.

How would you "straighten" her out?

She's obviously mentally ill and with the right docs she could be helped.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Leanwolf
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Guys, here's a reality check as it relates to this subject.

When a parent begins leaving the stove on, falling down alot, ending up in the hospital for all of the above and more, things change dramatically, financially, and quick. You go from a senior living at a home that's paid for to assisted living where they make sure parent takes their pills, check on them several times a day, etc for about $8K a month. When the parent can't be left alone for whatever myriad of reasons, full time care 24/7 caregiver runs $20K plus a month, plus whatever the residence cost, plus living expenses.

This adds up to to $25K a month, $300K a year. A million bucks is basically three years care.

Speaking of reality, who wants to go into an old folks home with all the rest of the half demented geezers, often running into you with their wheel chairs, spitting big slimey throat oysters onto the table, stealing the few familiar things you brought with you from home, watching them spoon the mashed potatoes onto their heads and trying to eat the gravy with their fingers at dinner, defecating and urinating all over themselves in the teevee room, having some illegal alien who smells of stale garlic and tequila changing your Depends five times a day, hobbling around all day with droopy drawers, never having any freedom nor even a good home cooked meal of your favorite foods, your main activity trying to put together a jig saw puzzle that has a dozen missing pieces, unable to toss a line in the lake to try and catch a fish, or take a walk in the forests and mountains of yesteryear that you enjoyed so much ............. ?

No, It seems to me that when a man notices what's happening to him, (Fireball's "reality check above) if he's considerate of himself and his family, it would be time to eat his .38.

My opinion. smile

L.W.

You're not wrong.

Paul

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

IC B2

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by jackmountain
OP, if you’re 57, unless you’re planning on dying in the near term, you have no way to estimate your net worth at death.
If you have no one to leave it to, why would you plan on dying with a cent to your name? Enjoy it while youre living, if nothing else find people that are truly deserving that could use it as an opportunity to better themselves and give it away while you’re alive to be able to enjoy what it does for someone.

That is exactly how I see it...

Do the good work... for the good people...

Finding "the good people" is no small task.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Late to the party but St Judes would be my choice.

They say everything happens for a reason.
For me that reason is usually because I've made some bad decisions that I need to pay for.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It's fun watching threads like this and noting the reaction of those who would spend money on literally anything before supporting a church. They would smear you for dropping $100 into a plate but not say a word if you spent that same amount on drinks.

The vast majority of hometown churches are above board and worthy of support, but you'll never see that on the news. This is the same news that most of the folks here would call "fake".

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by wilkeshunter
As a Christian, I’m sure you are very much aware of the funds need for Christian organizations to fulfill their missions.
Originally Posted by wilkeshunter
As a Christian, I’m sure you are very much aware of the funds need for Christian organizations to fulfill their missions.
I would absolutely NOT leave my money to a church or mission. Pick out a good family that is striving to do well with more children than they can afford to educate. Set up fund to help educate the kids. And don’t restrict the education to colleges. There is work to be done in building, plumbing, HVAC, etcetra.

There are way too many shysters in the religion business.

In my state of Louisiana your wife’s estate will go to her blood relatives in order of succession starting with her child, next are her parents, next are her siblings unless she has a will.

In this state the spouse is last in the line of succession next to the state.

Last edited by Hastings; 03/07/24.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Take some of that cash and spend it on getting the daughter help and straightened out, that'll be some of the best money you ever spent. If she refuses tell her there will be no inheritance.

1234mag: Really bad idea. Extorting her with the inheritance ain’t going to work. She will just underground with her homosexuality or tell you to FOAD. Just write yourself a will and don’t bother her or yourself and especially your wife with trying to change her same sex attraction.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
IC B3

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Guys, here's a reality check as it relates to this subject.

When a parent begins leaving the stove on, falling down alot, ending up in the hospital for all of the above and more, things change dramatically, financially, and quick. You go from a senior living at a home that's paid for to assisted living where they make sure parent takes their pills, check on them several times a day, etc for about $8K a month. When the parent can't be left alone for whatever myriad of reasons, full time care 24/7 caregiver runs $20K plus a month, plus whatever the residence cost, plus living expenses.

This adds up to to $25K a month, $300K a year. A million bucks is basically three years care.

this is very true.....I am glad I have my long term care in place....bob

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by CashisKing
Originally Posted by jackmountain

That is exactly how I see it...

Do the good work... for the good people...

Finding "the good people" is no small task.
You nailed it with the closing sentence!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Certainly feel for you in regards to the daughter.

As to "leaving" money, I hope to spend and enjoy, in the event I can't spend it all, we have set up legally how the cash will be distributed. And yes, some will go to churches. It's hard for me to understand how a person can attend church for decades, yet be skeptical of leaving that church money.

For every disgusting pastor or church or priest out there, there are thousands of good ones in my opnion.

St. Judes Children's hospital is lights out drop the mic good.
and lastly, Tunnels to Towers.

W
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
W
Originally Posted by Simplepeddler
Certainly feel for you in regards to the daughter.

As to "leaving" money, I hope to spend and enjoy, in the event I can't spend it all, we have set up legally how the cash will be distributed. And yes, some will go to churches. It's hard for me to understand how a person can attend church for decades, yet be skeptical of leaving that church money.

For every disgusting pastor or church or priest out there, there are thousands of good ones in my opnion.

St. Judes Children's hospital is lights out drop the mic good.
and lastly, Tunnels to Towers.

Excellent post!!!!!!!!!

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J

I would be interested in what kind of docs and how successful they were.

I am MAGA.
A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A

She needs a good woodworker ,brother Jim

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

I would bet one of them would be a rehab doc, the other would probably be a psychologist. I'm assuming drugs are involved as drugs and mental illness usually go hand in hand.

Paul

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

I
IA_fog Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I
Guys the stepdaughter isn’t the one who wants ton be a guy her partner is. Once again i could tolerate for family reasons if the other party was respectable and genuine but it isn’t . That is the hold up and problem
Yes im planning on spending as Mucha s we can and not be in the poor house and my goal is to have nothing when i die

We might have to be neighbors, but I don’t have to be neighborly. John Chisum
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Hookers and blow

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
And if hookers and blow isn't the route, then I'd likely do the following. l

I'm going to do what is needed to care for my family, to ensure my wife will want for little, because I love her. If it's what she wants and she out lives me, I won't care, because I'll be dead. If I outlive my wife, then I'll do what I want, because my wife will no longer care, because she is dead.

I don't do things based on 'guilt' for the dead, because they are dead.

That's it.

Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

597 members (16penny, 10gaugeman, 1936M71, 17Hunter, 163bc, 1234, 71 invisible), 2,050 guests, and 1,217 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,829
Posts18,496,613
Members73,979
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.