Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
H
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
H
Hey all! I recently did a transaction with an individual here on the 24 Hour Campfire. It was for a bunch of .223 brass, and loaded ammo with dies, shipped separately, to his residence which arrived on time. The Rifle I shipped 2-3 day Priority, INSURED to his FFL, and has not arrived, I shipped it 2 to 3 day priority and insured, and it has been 11 DAYS, and counting, with the USPS not knowing where the package is. ALL they can tell me is that its not at my post office and in transit. The person I shipped it to did a check with the numbers I provided him from my USPS, and it showed me dropping off the package and no scanning in between. I WILL NEVER SHIPP A FIREARM OR OTHER PACKAGE,WITH THE USPS. THE USPS IS A TOTAL FRIGGING JOKE. I PAYED FOR A 2 to 3 DAY PRIORITY PACKAGE INSURED FOR $300.00 AND NO ONE KNOWS WHERE THE PACKAGE IS. I want the individual to get the firearm because if after the 30 day requirement for fileing a claim, iff reimbersed Ill have to pay the buyer his money back and Im out a RIFLE. Just a heads up to anyone shipping anything through the USPS. {BEWARE}

GB1

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
i have had the same thing happen with ups except it wasnt a gun but they damaged it after 15 days in transit and i filed a claim and they said it was inproper packaged even though they did it and they wouldnt cover it.

V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
Originally Posted by Sinman6
i have had the same thing happen with ups except it wasnt a gun but they damaged it after 15 days in transit and i filed a claim and they said it was inproper packaged even though they did it and they wouldnt cover it.

Me too.........to the tune of $600/I never use ups.

to get top shelf handling with usps, you need to insure for a grand...sux i know.

“There is no limit to the amount of good you can do if you don’t care who gets credit.” R. Reagan
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
USPS has been great for me. I will use them everytime. Send it Registered and insured. Registered requires a signature by ALL who handle it. Very easy to track. Never have had a problem.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I use USPS all the time but once a $300 stock took like 15-18 days by priority. Happens once in awhile.
Dave

But as for me and my house we will serve the Lord. Joshua 24:15
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Phil. 4:13

I DON'T NEED A WSM AS I HAVE A WEATHERBY!
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Never had a problem shipping guns or what ever by USPS Priority or otherwise. the only way to go to & from Alaska. I'll not be using UPS again anytime soon. Just sent a package to Montana via Priority mail last Sat afternoon He got it Monday. Now that's service!!! --- Mel

Last edited by olblue; 01/08/08. Reason: spelen

The only thing I'm an expert at is my own opinion, and I have plenty of those!
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
NEVER use USPS!!! I make hand made hunting knives as a hobby. A year and a half ago I shipped a beautiful knife to New Mexico to a client and it never showed. It was insured for $500. I filed the necessary paperwork and I got a reply that they would not pay the insurance claim because "you can't ascertain the true value of something that is handmade"! Godamighty! I responded to their letter with pictures of the knife, certified appraisals, copies of invoices and correspondance where price was agreed on and got another letter that said "We still cannot properly determine the value. Claim denied" Further correspondance has just plain been ignored by the USPS. I ship UPS from then on with no problem. I am contacting our US Senator's that I happen to know and am going to get to the bottom of this. USPS can kiss my royal a$$.

You only live once, but...if you do it right, once is enough.
A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
I had the exact same thing happen in 06 I shipped a rifle priority mail and it got to the smith's 18 days later I called the post office and got the typical run around,it finally showed up safe,I wouldn't sweat it to much yet it should show up soon!I hope your out come is the same as mine! I use UPS now.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
yes same type of thing afew years back with a bow on ebay item damage not proprley packed not covered. wife packed it this was her full time job at a gun and ammo place that was all she done pack ups items ups B.S. never again shipped ups that been over 150 items ago no more shipping issuses

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by ford8n
USPS has been great for me. I will use them everytime. Send it Registered and insured. Registered requires a signature by ALL who handle it. Very easy to track. Never have had a problem.

That is exactly the way I do it. I also insure every rifle and scope I sell or trade, at my own expense.

$$$ TRUMP AT THE PUMP 2024 $$$
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by HOGBUSTER
I WILL NEVER SHIPP A FIREARM OR OTHER PACKAGE,WITH THE USPS. THE USPS IS A TOTAL FRIGGING JOKE. I PAYED FOR A 2 to 3 DAY PRIORITY PACKAGE INSURED FOR $300.00 AND NO ONE KNOWS WHERE THE PACKAGE IS. I want the individual to get the firearm because if after the 30 day requirement for fileing a claim, iff reimbersed Ill have to pay the buyer his money back and Im out a RIFLE. Just a heads up to anyone shipping anything through the USPS. {BEWARE}

If you collect the insurance and refund his money, how are you out anything unless you underinsured the gun, you were paid twice for it and refunded once, or am I missing something?

$$$ TRUMP AT THE PUMP 2024 $$$
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D

The above is my experience exactly, unlike a couple of rather unpleasant experiences with UPS.

The problem as I see it is that you just need a rant to get rid of your frustration. Chances are that it will show up perhaps not as fast as you expected, but nevertheless even if it doesn't it is insured and you are only out a little time without your money.

The good thing about sending it registered and insured is that when handlers know they can be tracked then they tend to take pay more attention, which insures that your package will more than likely arrive on time and intact.

223 Rem, my favorite cartridge - you can't argue with truckloads of dead PD's and gophers.

24hourcampfire.com - The site where there is a problem for every solution.

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
I mostly use Fedex for my shipping. And all items are insured.

A few months back I sold a gun to a 24campfire member and the stock arrived damaged. I filed a damage claim and 17 days later, I got the gun back and the full amount of the claim.

The 24 campfire got his money and I got the gun and the ammount of the claim. Worked out good.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
You shipped loaded ammunition via USPS? Umm...

A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
Huh!

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
No USPS, 223 can't kill deer, Big Ten is great, yep end of days is near........

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I always ship firearms thru USPS insured priority and never had a bit of trouble with em.................

broken bones broken heart stripped down an torn apart a lil rust but Im still runnin countin miles countin tears twisted roads and shiftin gears year after year its all or nothin Im not home and Im not lost just holdin on 2 what I got...God and Guns
W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
priority these days means pretty tape on the box. you cant regard the three day thing as rule. they have lost more stuff (letters) on me this year than ever before.

i am still waiting for them to find two MO'S totaling $250. as far as your box goes it will show up i am sure. two weeks isn't really that bad considering the time of year...

they are still the best bang for the buck.

woofer

"I would build one again, if it were not for my 350RM (grin)."

MtnHtr
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by SeaRunRainbow
No USPS, 223 can't kill deer, Big Ten is great, yep end of days is near........

And skinny barrels don't shoot. laugh

Rock on...

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Fedex Ground is the way to go ...cheap and fast. Beats USPS and UPS.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

528 members (12344mag, 160user, 007FJ, 10gaugeman, 1beaver_shooter, 1badf350, 56 invisible), 14,814 guests, and 1,106 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,171
Posts18,543,004
Members74,058
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.