Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
The one who dies with the most toys, wins....
I've heard that before, but I'm pretty sure on our deathbeds, we won't be wishing for another rifle.

Food for thought. smile

GB1

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
Originally Posted by stxhunter
Spend it before you die...
Just think of all the guns over your lifetime that you liked but didn't buy.

But you say, my safe is full. Maybe it's time to go shopping for a new safe, a really big one.

Gotta think outside the box, probably need a bigger box, anyway.

The one who dies with the most toys, wins....

DF
Good strategy! Toys/ hobbies are good therapy.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Originally Posted by antlers
Originally Posted by Calvin
Well, given previous generations and my generation have created a mess for my kids, I will do what it takes to help them get a leg up on life. I would like to give them at least the equivalent of a house when I pass. University, home ownership, and life in general is expensive at no fault of their own.
👊🏻

You guys are sweet.

In various other threads you/we bitch about the lazy no good younger generation who won't work and wants everything given to them.

By golly no one ever helped us and we turned out great.

Next thread comes around and we have to eat porridge and Ramen so we can give the kids everything they want because times are tough and little Johnny needs help and it's our duty to make sure our kids don't have to work as hard as us.

It gets hard to take the outrage seriously.

Jim, it's OK to want your offspring to be assisted a little. Whether it's paying for their wedding or giving them a down-payment on a house.

If not, that's OK too.

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
There’s no outrage. Just personal opinions, and personal choices. Yours may be different than mine on this matter. So be it.

Rocket science eh?

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Hastings
Originally Posted by Simplepeddler
Certainly feel for you in regards to the daughter.

As to "leaving" money, I hope to spend and enjoy, in the event I can't spend it all, we have set up legally how the cash will be distributed. And yes, some will go to churches. It's hard for me to understand how a person can attend church for decades, yet be skeptical of leaving that church money.

For every disgusting pastor or church or priest out there, there are thousands of good ones in my opnion.

St. Judes Children's hospital is lights out drop the mic good.
and lastly, Tunnels to Towers.
You really need to find out how the tunnels to towers CEO who is the brother of a dead fireman became a multi millionaire. He won't disclose the info but he sure was not one before forming that "non profit".

The same scenario usually plays out with the majority of non profits. Even our beloved NRA and Billy and Franklin Graham

For decades, I always thought of non-profits as fake entities created by blacks to rip off other blacks.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
IC B2

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
St Jude's is not a joke charity

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by EdM
There’s no outrage. Just personal opinions, and personal choices. Yours may be different than mine on this matter. So be it.

Rocket science eh?

Apparently for you two it is.

I am MAGA.
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by Tarkio
Originally Posted by Calvin
Well, given previous generations and my generation have created a mess for my kids, I will do what it takes to help them get a leg up on life. I would like the give them at least the equivalent of a house when I pass.

University, home ownership, and life in general is expensive at no fault of their own.

I'm somewhat with you here.

Wife and I started off with a net-negative worth and in some decent debt. I only ever received a few thousand from an inheritance that bought us some furniture.

I watch people who have had the benefit of true generational wealth that utilize it well, and I realize the odds of me being able to achieve a position of wealth/comfort equivalent to them are pretty steep.

Like you said, even just providing the equivalent of a home to start off with is a huge bump for them.

But I have seen plenty of kids not utilize that inheritance well at all.

My wife and I are of the mind we would like to provide the kids a pretty decent jump start when it is our time. But the best thing we can do is what we are doing now. Forcing them to pay for their own college education. Expecting them to have a job and be working when they have time. Not blowing what little money they have on stupid BS stuff. Not spoiling them with new vehicles. Lavish holidays and vacations etc. Trying to set the foundation that when the time comes, if we are able to leave them something, they will use it to build and not float along in life. If that makes sense?

My kids aren't paupers by any means. We have helped them plenty. But that help came after expectations we laid out were met.

The way I see it, a kid will need 60-80k for university. (Probably on the low end). 40-80k for a down payment on a house if they don’t want to get into the cycle of renting. 20k for a semi decent vehicle. Yes there are other ways of doing it, but that’s what getting started in life costs today. And those costs don’t even factor in that everything else has considerably gone up in cost due to my generation and generations before me. Boomers/X’rs got theirs at the expense of everyone behind them.

I was one of the last to get into my industry before it got locked up. They won’t even come close to having the same opportunities I had.

I will have no problem helping my kids out. I don’t expect the government to, that’s my job.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by EdM
Rocket science eh?
Your kids seem to be pretty happy. You and their mother seem to be doin’ a very good job with em’. Keep after it. God love and bless ALL of y’all.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by EdM
Rocket science eh?
Your kids seem to be pretty happy. You and their mother seem to be doin’ a very good job with em’. Keep after it. God love and bless ALL of y’all.

I have been wondering some about inheritance.

Instead of giving them all the money at once....I wonder why a person couldn't help with mortgage payments.

Help with a new car? Pay the water bill?

Just thinking.

I am MAGA.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I concur. 👊🏻

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

65 members (10gaugemag, 35, 6mmbrfan, 7mm_Loco, 907brass, 9 invisible), 13,954 guests, and 1,116 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,229
Posts18,544,001
Members74,060
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.