Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Alls I know is that I am a hell of a lot more precise with a 5.7 than with any 9mm I own. Don’t know why.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Funny story, I was at a social gathering last year where a new female Methodist minister was talking about how their Church committee had been discussing "allowing" members to carry at Church. Our friend who still attends that Church pointed out that best practice is to engage the shooter immediately because the police are not going to suddenly appear to do that for you.

I held back the urge to tell the group that a shooter trying to attack a Baptist Church nowadays would fair no better than they would say attacking the Sherriff's office. cool

Please don't feed the trolls!
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by JakeM78
This is all I need.

[Linked Image from m.media-amazon.com]
And therein it tells you what extra you need...

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by TheLastLemming76
Originally Posted by geedubya
Sig P365,
On every day that ends in Y.

Ya'

GWB

I’ve been carrying an Sig P365 XMacro today. 95% of the time it’s either that or a Glock 19X with an optic cut.
The 365 accounted for a marauding black bear for me last fall. We Shoot deer with the 9mm in Glock a fair bit.

Of course this topic is stupid. Carry what you want. Just carry. Wherever its legal and wherever you can get by with it if not.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Springfield Armory Hellcat Pro with a red dot and loaded with Federal 147 HST.

IC B2

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Originally Posted by SamOlson
Originally Posted by Full3r
Well SamO, what shot better for you?

Okay, gents, here is the ugly truth. The pic does not lie!

As I said earlier, 15 shots each offhand at 15 yards. 15-20 seconds shooting time total for each gun.

You all know I'm a whiner and here it is, just when I got to shooting it started getting windy. Nothing terrible but 15-20 mph and I could really notice it with the red dot.

That said if I removed the worst shot from each group they all went around 5" for the remaining 14 shots. Except for the P226, I know the trigger pull is way different than the striker fired pistols and I still shot it like chit, it was around 7.5" for 14 but I also shot it last and it was getting windier by the minute.

Upper left, HK VP9

Upper right, Glock 19X

Middle, SA Echelon

Lower left, P320

Lower right, P226

[Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]

I wouldn’t feel too bad about that. Most people are fast to talk and short to show. I like handgun shooting, albeit I don’t shoot as much as I used to. Hoping to remedy that tomorrow with the warm front pushing in.

Watched several guys in military who were absolutely terrible with a pistol. One who missed the whole damn silhouette @ 3meters(part of the USMC Qual). We ended up putting a laser on his beretta and he shakes worse than Michael j fox. Worked with him and worked with him and got him to pass, however he was still
The worst damn shot I’d ever seen. Still in service last I known.

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
Based on this one test, I'd say that you shot the HK & the Sig 320 a little better, but I'd probably run the test again.

I love the Sig Legion series & have the 229 Legion version as one of my regular carry guns, the other being a Beretta 92 Compact & sometimes a Commander sized 1911, but I like the mag capacity of the 9's.

The Legion grips are cut just right to fit my hand & the Legion 3D sights (if that's what you have) are really good, so of what you have, I'd take the 320, HK next, which is also a very good piece with a trigger better than most Glocks.

The 226 is a little too big for comfortable, everyday AIWB, which is what I usually use, but not sure what your church attire might be.

Good Luck...........all nice guns.

MM

The Legions and the HK fit my hand the best but I need an instructor to tell me how to shoot that P226! The P320 is by far the most fun and I ordered an SRO to stick on that one.

And depending on the mail, this coming week I want to mount a dot on the P226 but need a filler plate.

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by rost495
Of course this topic is stupid.

How dare you insult my thread and I with such buffonish comments!

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
My main problem is, I'm self 'taught' on the handguns....lol

L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
determine your favorite, dump the others and buy a duplicate and a pallet of ammo and a shot timer. Only deliberate practice and several thousand reps will begin to make you competent.

Go on You Tube and watch Travis Haley Deliberate Practice, it is a useful system to add to your training regimen.

Practice is more fun when you set goals and track your improvement.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Now that would make entirely too much sense!

I was thinking the same thing earlier about how 'dumb' it is to try and get accuracy results when jumping from gun to gun and in a hurry in the wind....lol

Still fun though.

I have been stocking up on practice ammo and hope to get a little better here over the next few months. Mostly be practicing with the 19X and Echelon.

B
BMT Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
P226

"The Church can and should help modern society by tirelessly insisting that the work of women in the home be recognized and respected by all in its irreplaceable value." Apostolic Exhortation On The Family, Pope John Paul II
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by slumlord
Breaking News

Dateline: Early Iowa

Rural Iowa church shooting.

5 dead...
Hispanic male suspect at large

5 dead resulted from 81 yr old man in congregation opening fire and totally missing Hispanic suspect.

86 yr old great grandmother and 2 of her grandchildren pronounced dead on scene.
Female pastor of church and her partner died in ambulance.

81 yr old shooter in custody, says he doesn't know why he missed suspect.

Witness,s on scene said he just started shooting his gun all over the place and nowhere near suspect.
Witness,s described old man as nice but definitely had dementia for years and everyone would just humor him he was fine..

Link?

Stupidity has its way, while its cousin, evil, runs rampant.
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
More than a few guys at our church carry. I've been carrying my 43x with a 15 round shield arms mag. Can shoot it as well as my 17 and 19 and it's a lot more comfortable to appendix carry.

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Paul39
Breaking News

Dateline: Early Iowa

Rural Iowa church shooting.

5 dead...
Hispanic male suspect at large

5 dead resulted from 81 yr old man in congregation opening fire and totally missing Hispanic suspect.

86 yr old great grandmother and 2 of her grandchildren pronounced dead on scene.

81 yr old shooter in custody, says he doesn't know why he missed suspect.

Witness,s on scene said he just started shooting his gun all over the place and nowhere near suspect.
Witness,s described old man as nice but definitely had dementia for years and everyone would just humor him he was fine..

Link?

I do believe that was perfectly placed satire on Wabigoon a'la Slumlord....lol

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Your accuracy is good Sam! You seem more accurate with the P320. I carry a Glock 43 with a spare when I’m teaching kids second service. When I’m acting as security 2 services I either carry my P365XL with a 15 round spare, or my Gen 5 G19 with a 17 round spare. The G43 and the P365 are loaded with 147 grain HST. The G19 is loaded with Underwood 124 grain +P+ Gold Dot ammo. Also carry some type of knife.

Ron

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
Orwell
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A

NOOOOOOO! 🥺

[Linked Image from thetimes.co.uk]

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I do believe that was perfectly placed satire on Wabigoon a'la Slumlord....lol

I thought that

Was beautiful and it is a shame that it bounced off more than a few heads. Sad life some people have to live.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Now that would make entirely too much sense!

I was thinking the same thing earlier about how 'dumb' it is to try and get accuracy results when jumping from gun to gun and in a hurry in the wind....lol

Still fun though.

I have been stocking up on practice ammo and hope to get a little better here over the next few months. Mostly be practicing with the 19X and Echelon.

You are doing alright, even being self taught.

If you were to take some instruction from someone who actually knows how to shoot a handgun well, and learned how to improve your handgun shooting, you'd be surprised at how much better you will be with whatever handgun you pick up.

When shooting a couple of different types of competition, I used to practice about 1000 rounds a week. I have my favorites as far as handguns go though, and tend to carry, shoot and enjoy them more than those others.

Pick your favorite and go to work! smile

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by auk1124

NOOOOOOO! 🥺

[Linked Image from thetimes.co.uk]
Richard the one on the left or the right?

Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

580 members (1234, 12344mag, 10gaugeman, 160user, 007FJ, 10ring1, 55 invisible), 2,226 guests, and 1,240 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,254
Posts18,486,311
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.