Page 2 of 64 1 2 3 4 63 64
J
Campfire Regular
Online Shocked
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by gunchamp
Originally Posted by AKCHOPPER
I don't. I was raised Catholic because of my Mom, at around age 14 we could make our own decision. Both of my sisters did the same thing. My Father a retired Earth scientist has always been an atheist. My first day in catechism, which I believe was in fourth grade. The teacher started telling the story of Noah's Ark. Even at that age I thought this is a bunch of bullshit! smile My Father never ever influenced me and I didn't know about his beliefs until 16-17 years old. My folks are both 88 and are Highschool sweethearts and have been married 69 years. My Father has always supported her on everything.

I doesn't bother me that People practice religion. It's just extremely upsetting of the devious side of it. Alway's wondered how many members feel the same.
Yes, I absolutely believe in God! And what you are saying is your opinion and nothing more. The world would be be much better place if we all followed Christian morals

I would beg to disagree, how much blood has been shed in the name of religion?

For those without thumbs, it's s Garden fookin Island, not Hawaii

G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
Absolutely! The Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit!

“It’s a terrible thing to fall into the hands of the living God”……Hebrews 10:31

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by TwoTall
I was raised catholic also so I understand what a bad first experience about religion you had. Catholic is a joke, it has nothing to do with Jesus or God. Find a good church that preaches the Bible, your life literally depends on it. Too not believe in God is foolish.

I do believe in God, even though I was raised as a Catholic. Organized religion is a money making racket.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
By some accounts, at least 18,000 gods have been worshipped by humans.

They can’t possibly all be “right”.

I highly doubt if only one is right and the other 17,999 are wrong.

Therefore, I don’t believe in any of them.

(Although I am an ordained minister. Church of Dudeism. I have a certificate of authenticity and the whole 9 yards.)

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by johnn
Originally Posted by gunchamp
Originally Posted by AKCHOPPER
I don't. I was raised Catholic because of my Mom, at around age 14 we could make our own decision. Both of my sisters did the same thing. My Father a retired Earth scientist has always been an atheist. My first day in catechism, which I believe was in fourth grade. The teacher started telling the story of Noah's Ark. Even at that age I thought this is a bunch of bullshit! smile My Father never ever influenced me and I didn't know about his beliefs until 16-17 years old. My folks are both 88 and are Highschool sweethearts and have been married 69 years. My Father has always supported her on everything.

I doesn't bother me that People practice religion. It's just extremely upsetting of the devious side of it. Alway's wondered how many members feel the same.
Yes, I absolutely believe in God! And what you are saying is your opinion and nothing more. The world would be be much better place if we all followed Christian morals

I would beg to disagree, how much blood has been shed in the name of religion?
If we all followed Biblical Christian morals, there would be no bloodshed. The problem is that few do follow them. The world is awash with those who CLAIM to be Christians but who aren't, doing exactly the opposite.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
IC B2

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Yes, don’t know what I would do without my faith

Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
Yes, absolutely, as is my right.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Even if God doesn't exist, there's lots of benefits (and also some disadvantages) in people believing that God exists. I suppose in many societies it's thought that the benefits in believing in God outweigh the disadvantages in believing in God.

B
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B
Which God?

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by BeanMan
Which God?

Call it what you like, it doesn't negate the existence.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
IC B3

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I believe in God. Not the church, not anymore. I was raised in a Southern Baptist church. But beginning in the 1970's I watched the churches start to kick God out of the building and Christians started looking for something else to worship. Much like when Moses went up the mountain to get the 10 Commandments. By the time he got back they had given up on God and were worshiping a golden calf. At least 90% of the people I know who claim to be Christians are now following false prophets. They think they are saving the world, but until they clean their own house, they are only making things worse.

Most people don't really want the truth.

They just want constant reassurance that what they believe is the truth.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
If there is a church involved it is suspect at best

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
37 pages

Minimum

DON’T BE TOO PROUD OF THIS TECHNOLOGICAL TERROR YOU’VE CONSTRUCTED. THE ABILITY TO DESTROY A PLANET IS INSIGNIFICANT NEXT TO THE POWER OF THE FORCE.

- Darth Vader
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
SOMETHING created the universe. It cannot have created itself. The nature of that creator is open to debate and much mystery.

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Originally Posted by Beretta_Shooter916
37 pages

Minimum

Yep

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by MarineHawk
SOMETHING created the universe. It cannot have created itself. The nature of that creator is open to debate and much mystery.
The problem with that argument is that if something must have created the universe, then something must have also created God. So there must be another God to create the first God, and so it goes on and on.

O
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
O
YES, I believe in GOD. I am also a believer in Native American Spirituality even thou I am anglo.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Yep.
We all have faith in something. Whether we admit it or not.....

"The Ballpark burgers were free, why not eat them?"
- Wabi-
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Yes.

I have faith that all have some spiritual component within, that be their conscience.

Listen to your conscience you'll likely do the next right thing. You can ignore your conscience, there might be a negative consequence.

GOA
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
The fear of God is the beginning of wisdom. I fear deeply.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
Page 2 of 64 1 2 3 4 63 64

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

525 members (007FJ, 01Foreman400, 10ring1, 1234, 10gaugeman, 10gaugemag, 64 invisible), 2,408 guests, and 1,384 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,162
Posts18,484,397
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.