Hop To
Page 5 of 64 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 63 64
A
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by 5sdad
Yes, He and I have long had a one-to-one relationship.

Is a Cracker ?

Due to the increased price of ammo, don't expect a warning shot...

RAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
I didn’t create myself.

Also, Science cannot explain consciousness, my own awareness of my own existence.

Evidence enough for me.

As far as Christianity, hard to overstate the importance of the Ten Commandments as the moral foundation of Western Civilization.
It can, you refuse to accept it. And that is fine. But be honest about your choice.

America is (supposed to be) a Republic, NOT a democracy. Learn the difference, help end the lie. Fear a government that fears your guns.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by earlybrd
I believe in god but the church these days is a racket to many phaaguts and to many chiefs not enuff injuns I can talk to the lord on the creek bank 😉
You'll probably be pretty well served by that talking on the creek bank.

You may want to ask about the Costco thing though. Go for a tryout one day when they have a lot of folks serving samples. You can get a pretty good snack time for free out of it at least.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
RAS Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You asked a question in your title and then asked something different in the body.

Title: Yes.

Body: No, I don’t feel the same.

You seem to trying to explain your rationale, which may be fine if you want people to make you feel good about your choice. Sorry, I can’t help with that. I believe you are making a great mistake and for your sake only, I hope you reconsider. But it’s always been a choice. Now this isn’t a choice: You are going to physically die, 110% for sure. And you probably have a ton more time behind you than you do in front of you.

"...aspire to live quietly, and to mind your own affairs, and to work with your hands, as we instructed you, so that you may walk properly before outsiders and be dependent on no one." - Paul to the church in Thessalonica.

E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by earlybrd
I believe in god but the church these days is a racket to many phaaguts and to many chiefs not enuff injuns I can talk to the lord on the creek bank 😉
You'll probably be pretty well served by that talking on the creek bank.

You may want to ask about the Costco thing though. Go for a tryout one day when they have a lot of folks serving samples. You can get a pretty good snack time for free out of it at least.
👍🤣

IC B2

RAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by BlueLk
a hard no. if there was why is trump still alive?

Cuz God ain't a Marxist

America is (supposed to be) a Republic, NOT a democracy. Learn the difference, help end the lie. Fear a government that fears your guns.
DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Plenty of versions of God to choose from, it's like shopping in a department store.

Last edited by DBT; 03/11/24.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
"I believe in God,
the Father almighty,
Creator of heaven and earth,
and in Jesus Christ, his only Son, our Lord..."

and all the rest of the Apostles' Creed

'Four legs good, two legs baaaad."
----------------------------------------------
"Jimmy, some of it's magic,
Some of it's tragic,
But I had a good life all the way."
(Jimmy Buffett)

SotG
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
I have accepted Christ in my heart. I believe that God exists all around us and is beyond our collective humanity. Bees work together and follow a pattern that sometimes requires the hive to kill the queen. They follow a pattern that is derived in their programming but I sense that there is a connection that bees make to God. I believe that God makes patterns that we tend to follow but must be reminded of from time to time. You just have to be nuanced to look at the patterns.

You can hear his voice in the wild places and its a hum that is definitely beyond human understanding. People used to say that the Aurora doesn't produce sound but now they have figured out that it is so. I think that God is in the details and I have seen to many things to be numb to that.

Sometimes the Holy Spirit will speak and provide guidance for me when I am at a crossroads. I do believe that in the modern age that we have lost a lot of the attachments that people used to have pre-Internet.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I do.

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

IC B3

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Despite 11 years of Catholic school, yes I do. Though undoubtedly not in the way they laid it out for me back then, or even practiced it themselves.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
You bet. I believe in a higher power, and of course there are many versions of what that higher power is. For the most part, those varied interpretations have good aspects, but sometimes they get warped due to human nature, which can always be a problem.

The world is complicated and sometimes hard to decipher, but at least that keeps things interesting.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Absolutely!

I believe in God the Father, Jesus his only son and the Holy Spirit.

The Bible says that "every knee shall bow and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord"!

Last edited by Dixie_Rebel; 03/11/24.

Liberalism is a cancer
Support Christian Family values
E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
I been baptized 2x

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Yes I do.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by BlueLk
a hard no. if there was why is trump still alive?

Quite a repulsive comment, even for an atheist to make.

Last edited by Dixie_Rebel; 03/11/24.

Liberalism is a cancer
Support Christian Family values
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Dixie_Rebel
Absolutely!

I believe in God the Father, Jesus his only son and the Holy Spirit.
I too believe in the Trilogy.

A
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by RAS
You asked a question in your title and then asked something different in the body.

Title: Yes.

Body: No, I don’t feel the same.

You seem to trying to explain your rationale, which may be fine if you want people to make you feel good about your choice. Sorry, I can’t help with that. I believe you are making a great mistake and for your sake only, I hope you reconsider. But it’s always been a choice. Now this isn’t a choice: You are going to physically die, 110% for sure. And you probably have a ton more time behind you than you do in front of you.
That came across condescending. I don't take any of this seriously.

Due to the increased price of ammo, don't expect a warning shot...
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Even Satan and cast out demons believe in God. It’s what you do with that belief determines where your soul( which lives forever) will spend eternity. Do you believe His Son died for our sins and arose on the third day is what counts. God is Holy and as such, cannot have a relationship with us sinners unless there is a blood sacrifice- Jesus. Do you want to conquer death as Jesus did? Believe and repent. Simple.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Yes

Page 5 of 64 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 63 64

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

77 members (35, Anaconda, anothergun, 6MMWASP, BB3, ar33c9, 8 invisible), 1,400 guests, and 829 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,977
Posts18,499,529
Members73,984
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.